• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you sell all your keys for your grail?

97 posts in this topic

To me there's the "achievable grails" and "unachievable grails." I found my "achievable grail" (Cap #3) so I'm happy in the fact that I was able to make it happen. I would have traded a lot of smaller key books to get it had that been the scenario presented to me.

If you want to call my house a 'grail', then yes - about 9 months ago I sold all my keys for my 'grail'.

The best investment worth having besides family. Congratulations.

I've got two and the longer I have them, the better renting sounds. :D

If you want to call my house a 'grail', then yes - about 9 months ago I sold all my keys for my 'grail'.

The best investment worth having besides family. Congratulations.

I've got two and the longer I have them, the better renting sounds. :D

I've only got one but I agree. Great until something needs fixed, and then you run into something else while getting that fixed and then something else happens...... :pullhair:

I used to think I had a grail but after years of collecting I realize that my keys are my grail. Always wanted key books not just one key.

I think I feel the same way.

Gotta collect em al...

Is it weird NOT to have any grails?

I mean, don't get me wrong, there are still a few "big" keys I need.... but they are achievable and (I'm hoping) only a matter of time. Mid-grades of FF #1, B&B #28 and ST #110 namely.

Then there are unachievable "grails" like Detective #27 and Action #1 which I've basically resigned to the fact I will never own.

So really, a few big books I'll eventually own and a few books I will never touch. Don't really see any grail in there?

On the other hand....I could always just save up for it and not be so impatient.

This.

My keys mean a lot to me. The work and effort put into obtaining these are a part of my collecting history. Met some very cool people in the process.

My grails will still be available once I decide to pull the trigger.

Plus, prices fluctuate so much it's hard to predict if getting it now is a better value than getting it a year from now.

Is it weird NOT to have any grails?

I mean, don't get me wrong, there are still a few "big" keys I need.... but they are achievable and (I'm hoping) only a matter of time. Mid-grades of FF #1, B&B #28 and ST #110 namely.

Then there are unachievable "grails" like Detective #27 and Action #1 which I've basically resigned to the fact I will never own.

So really, a few big books I'll eventually own and a few books I will never touch. Don't really see any grail in there?

Having Det #27 or Action #1 would be nice, but I really have no interest in either of them. So I wouldn't keep them. If I had them I would probably trade them for something I would really like.

I don't think it's weird not to have a grail. I buy what I like even if it's another ASM 14, IM 55, or X-men 12. :)

In all honesty, I would be willing to give up several of my key books in pursuit of my grail, but there are also many keys I can't part with. So the answer is no to giving up ALL my keys for my grail, but I would certainly give up a lot of them!

I decided to part with my copper and modern keys.

The only exceptions being ASM300 and ASM361 because I want their first apps...

But I figured I'd sell my New Mutants and X-Factor keys.

This was I can stick to Silver Age X-Men, Spider-Man, and FF keys.