• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

Not to put a damper on all the inhumans love around here, but from what I hear Marvel intends to incorporate the new characters from the current Inhuman book for the coming movie version. I think the prices on FF 36, 45, and 46 will stay strong, but this could be another Guardians of the Galaxy scenario where the new team is not what people are collecting now.

That would be very surprising.

What is your source for this information ?

-J.

I keep hearing this being brought up too, but no definitive article has been linked to back this up as far as I can tell.

In any case, I picked up a nice #46 tonight to compliment my #45. :cloud9:

And I don't see this as a potential Guardians of the galaxy situation. Those are all just different characters thrown together on a team and put in a movie called "Guardians of the Galaxy". Unless marvel decides to pick out characters that were never known to be inhuman before and suddenly call them "inhumans" in this movie, it wouldn't be comparable. But hey, anything is possible. lol I don't see it though.

+1

Google still works, but just a quick recap.

Marvel has been frustrated with Fox and their handling of the Fantastic Four.

Marvel knows it won't be getting X-Men franchise back anytime soon.

Marvel sees Inhumans as their own replacement for both franchises in their movie universe.

Marvel releases Inhuman #1 as a flip book to the relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man #1. (Think about that)

Book features younger "mutant" characters that actually have powers reminiscent to members of the Fantastic Four.

Marvel talks about following Guardian of the Galaxy success in putting a unknown commodity out to the public.

Vin Diesel tweets he might be "Inhuman" (Black Bolt?)

Speculation is a beautiful thing...I see Marvel heading this direction.

The writing is on the wall. If you go back to everything reported on this movie you can figure it out.

Yes that is a rather useless response..... :tonofbricks:

-J.

I think he's referring to the new character introducted in Inhuman #1 from 2014. He's also on the cover of issue 2. Doesn't apply here in the Silver Age forum, but if this is the case the hard to find variant issues would be the ones to go after.

If you read the current books, they usually give some decent direction of characters they will use in their upcoming media. It just makes sense. Both Marvel and DC.

Google still works, but just a quick recap.

Marvel has been frustrated with Fox and their handling of the Fantastic Four.

Marvel knows it won't be getting X-Men franchise back anytime soon.

Marvel sees Inhumans as their own replacement for both franchises in their movie universe.

Marvel releases Inhuman #1 as a flip book to the relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man #1. (Think about that)

Book features younger "mutant" characters that actually have powers reminiscent to members of the Fantastic Four.

Marvel talks about following Guardian of the Galaxy success in putting a unknown commodity out to the public.

Vin Diesel tweets he might be "Inhuman" (Black Bolt?)

Speculation is a beautiful thing...I see Marvel heading this direction.

Are you referring to the "Inhumanity" storyline? If so, the "royal family" is in that.

FF 36, 44-47 will certainly be the first go-to books to get for the well-heeled new fans.

If there is a "new" Inhuman that is featured and appears first in a modern, that will also be in a movie, that's great too. But the classic silver age run will be the ones at the top of everyone's list IMO, and for good reason. (thumbs u

-J.

It's a great storyline and classic Lee/Kirby FF. It deserves the attention it is getting now. But when the movie comes out and Medusa, Black Bolt and possibly Maximus are the only characters that people recognize will they feel justified for paying the extreme prices they are paying now...

And Marvel is already getting rid of the Royal Family in their current contingency. Karnak is dead.

It's a great storyline and classic Lee/Kirby FF. It deserves the attention it is getting now. But when the movie comes out and Medusa, Black Bolt and possibly Maximus are the only characters that people recognize will they feel justified for paying the extreme prices they are paying now...

And Marvel is already getting rid of the Royal Family in their current contingency. Karnak is dead.

That depends on your definition of "extreme". Without 36, 44-47 there would be no "Inhumans" or an explanation for why there are "Inhumans" at all in the MCU. I don't think anyone acquiring these issues now will regret owning them. If anything, I think those interested buyers that are choosing to "hold off" for now will be the ones slapping their foreheads with regret later.

I get the feeling you believe people should be chasing the first appearance of a character introduced yesterday instead, because a movie may or may not make the character relevant in 2-3 years?

This is not a collecting philosophy a personally adhere to.

-J.

I was thinking it will be interesting to see what happens to this book. If and a big IF the movie is actually made, we can't really compare it to GOTG other than the success it might have imo.

How much more valuable would Marvel Super Heroes 18 be if it featured the first appearances of the characters that were actually featured in the movie? A ton more right?

It seems to be the case with the Inhumans. You don't really have to spread yourself thin trying to get all of their first appearances. At most it's 4 books if you really need to be a completionist: 36, 44, 45, 47. (And #1 from 2014.. jk :baiting: )

Whereas with guardians, you needed 6 different books, with one of them being extremely costly. (IM55.)

I suppose one could also chase after AA #1 and their own #1's from 1975 and 1998, but I don't see those gaining to much other than being great reads.

I see FF45 as the most complete book.

@white_rushin: You’re right, but #46 is important as well… the story unfolds through four issues, from #44 and #47 so more or less they should all be important. There are a good number of #44s in nice shape but not so much of the others.

There is also the Inhumans graphic novel (with great Bret Blevins art), where Medusa and Black Bolt's son is born, but I have read it recently and I think Ann Nocenti pushed the characters in a direction which wasn’t attuned with them. Go figure what they are doing now… lol

@white_rushin: You’re right, but #46 is important as well… the story unfolds through four issues, from #44 and #47 so more or less they should all be important. There are a good number of #44s in nice shape but not so much of the others.

There is also the Inhumans graphic novel (with great Bret Blevins art), where Medusa and Black Bolt's son is born, but I have read it recently and I think Ann Nocenti pushed the characters in a direction which wasn’t attuned with them. Go figure what they are doing now… lol

Very true, I don't know why I blanked on #46. :makepoint:

Yes there are the 5 books to own for the completionist... 36, 44-47. But UNLIKE Guardians, these are characters all introduced within a story arc and if there is a movie, it will feature these characters as Inhumans. Not a bunch of different characters from different decades and ages, thrown together into a movie that happens to be called "Inhumans".

But if the rumours are true, and this will be Marvel's answer to its lost X-men and FF movie properties, all of these books have nowhere to go but up, up, and away.....

-J.

I was thinking it will be interesting to see what happens to this book. If and a big IF the movie is actually made, we can't really compare it to GOTG other than the success it might have imo.

How much more valuable would Marvel Super Heroes 18 be if it featured the first appearances of the characters that were actually featured in the movie? A ton more right?

It seems to be the case with the Inhumans. You don't really have to spread yourself thin trying to get all of their first appearances. At most it's 4 books if you really need to be a completionist: 36, 44, 45, 47. (And #1 from 2014.. jk :baiting: )

Whereas with guardians, you needed 6 different books, with one of them being extremely costly. (IM55.)

I suppose one could also chase after AA #1 and their own #1's from 1975 and 1998, but I don't see those gaining to much other than being great reads.

Agreed, although I do think AA #1 will see a bump as it has a few things going for it. 1st Black Widow in new costume, and it also predates Inhumans #1.

But when it's all said and done, the FF books will be the big winners, and also the bronze age Inhumans, but I don't believe AA #1 will be too far behind.

Actually Marvel (pretty much arbitrarily) threw them together in in the Guardians recent comics before doing the movie. And if you are really acquainted with some of the characters… say Gamora or Drax, I really think they have little left of them…

Other characters had no proper history (Groot) but even reading the Rocket Raccon mini-series makes you wonder: where does this bloodthirsty lunatic Raccon comes from out of the blue? lol

Agreed. Amazing Adventures also features Jack Kirby, while all the subsequent Inhumans series feature different artists other than Kirby.

Agreed, although I do think AA #1 will see a bump as it has a few things going for it. 1st Black Widow in new costume, and it also predates Inhumans #1.

But when it's all said and done, the FF books will be the big winners, and also the bronze age Inhumans, but I don't believe AA #1 will be too far behind.

I've noticed that FF #44 in high grade is relatively plentiful compared to the other key Inhumans issues. Has anyone also noticed that FF #47 seems to be the least common issue - particularly in high grade Maybe no one has bothered to dust them off out of storage yet.

I've noticed that FF #44 in high grade is relatively plentiful compared to the other key Inhumans issues. Has anyone also noticed that FF #47 seems to be the least common issue - particularly in high grade Maybe no one has bothered to dust them off out of storage yet.

All the raw copies out there tell me people just haven't bothered to slab the 47's yet. Also, current CGC label for it makes no mention of maximus the mad's first appearance.

36 seems to be the toughest out there overall right now, raw or slabbed.

-J.

#44 was a warehouse find.