• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

Thanks guys I was pretty pumped!

The question is to slab or not to slab. What do you guys think?

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping it raw.

I'd say no rush. Wait at least a year to see how the new services play out

NOT to slab, of course! For the signatures alone… otherwise you’d never look at them, even if you buy a raw reader copy. This one must be treasured "as is"! :)

I would say that the book is too valuable now not to slab, for protective and preservation purposes if nothing else. You already have a pic of the sigs u can look at anytime u want. :cloud9:

-J.

Also, how did we get this many pages into this thread and not mention the Origin of The Inhumans series that appeared in Thor? # 146 thru #151.

These aren't hard to find at all, and might be a nice consolation prize for people who feel like they missed the Bolt, er.., boat.

NOT to slab, of course! For the signatures alone… otherwise you’d never look at them, even if you buy a raw reader copy. This one must be treasured "as is"! :)

+1. Kirby sig must be enjoyed!

FF 44-45-46-47-48-49

Best run of consecutive keys of the mid- to late- Silver Age?

Why stop there? 44-52 can all be regarded as keys, and I'd say that they are by FAR the best run.

You might be right.

Add in 57-60 (I know they are not "keys", but they are the greatest arc in comic history) and you have a clear-cut winner.

FF 44-45-46-47-48-49

Best run of consecutive keys of the mid- to late- Silver Age?

Why stop there? 44-52 can all be regarded as keys, and I'd say that they are by FAR the best run.

You might be right.

Add in 57-60 (I know they are not "keys", but they are the greatest arc in comic history) and you have a clear-cut winner.

I didn't think 50 & 51 had key events, but checking again you have first Wyatt Wingfoot (50) and first Negative Zone (51). If you count them, may as well take it to 53 which is first Klaw/2nd Panther/1st Vibranium. 54 has first Prester John.

The best thing about this newfound Inhuman popularity (to me, at least) is having new collectors showing interest in this run of Fantastic Fours. #s 44 thru 67 have long been regarded as the apotheosis of the Kirby run, and that makes them (in my eyes) the best issues, of the best title, by the best writer, and the best artist that ever did comics.

Say what you will about movie hype, but these books deserve to be a big deal!

And extending this beyond the cosmic-powered Doom story arc highlighted by Chrisco you have:

#62: First Blastaar

#64: Introduction of the Kree race and first appearance of a Kree Sentry.

#65: First Ronan the Accuser:

#66-67: First "Him" (which later becomes Adam Warlock).

But really, #61-67 read like a single, long story.

Hopefully Lee/Kirby FFs will be recognized for what they are, regardless of the passing (and ultimately irrelevant) movie hype. :)

Just wait. As these rise in value more the Bronze reprint series will start to get noticed more. I have never seen a true high grade copy of number 34 from that run.

JiveTurkeyMofo (George) sold me this copy a few years back. A Picture Frame and a Gil Kane cover. I'm still grateful.

yhv3.jpg

That is an amazing copy!! I am jealous...seriously...planning on selling? lol

As you know that is the only 9.6 on census and highest graded copy. Then there is 1 9.2 and 1 9.0 . A truly tough book.