• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

Maybe so, but that's been the reality for a while. I've had to change my collecting preferences and pursue books I’d rather put off until later to avoid paying nosebleed prices later. I think people here have been syaing “Buy the keys first!” for as long as I’ve been on the boards.

Kevin Feige also did mention that some of these characters will appear before their own titled movies come into play as well though, so it does bring them to the big screen faster. Supposedly, Black Panther makes his full costume appearance in Cap 3.

Inhumans are supposedly going to show before the actual Inhumans movie as well according to his 19:03 video on Comicbookmovie.com. While they won't show up tomorrow, it does bring them much closer than the 4 year mark. :whee:

How important do you feel Thor 146 is for the Inhumans? It's their official origin, but its only around 3-4 pages in length. I was excited to find a really solid copy of it for $10 but wasn't impressed with the content.

Has this gotten any bump or are dem speculators only obsessed with buying 1st appearances after they already hit their 1st peak?

How important do you feel Thor 146 is for the Inhumans? It's their official origin, but its only around 3-4 pages in length. I was excited to find a really solid copy of it for $10 but wasn't impressed with the content.

Has this gotten any bump or are dem speculators only obsessed with buying 1st appearances after they already hit their 1st peak?

I just got done reading the Inhumans TPB with the early FF appearances and I thought the origins were interesting personally. The first appearances are always the most popular with collectors and speculators alike. The origin issues are under rated imo. I for one, like to know where a particular character came from. (thumbs u

I find that the most interesting part of many of these characters stories. I'd say hang on to it. From a collector standpoint, its a great book to have if you like the Inhumans and from a dealer point of view, the Inhumans are just starting to heat up. By no means have these books peaked at all. My guess is, they're just starting.. 2c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111542222858?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ummmm...is this book really that hot ? Or did somebody just pay a nutty amount for a "Green River Pedigree"? If it's the latter, I was under the impression that the consensus on that particular "pedigree" was meh, and never really gets much of a "premium", if any.

-J.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111542222858?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ummmm...is this book really that hot ? Or did somebody just pay a nutty amount for a "Green River Pedigree"? If it's the latter, I was under the impression that the consensus on that particular "pedigree" was meh, and never really gets much of a "premium", if any.

-J.

That seems incredibly ridiculous for an 8.5. Maybe a shill?

-J.

That seems incredibly ridiculous for an 8.5. Maybe a shill?

hm That's what I thought but the winning bidder has a lot of feedback and no bidding history with the seller other than this book.

That's why I was wondering if the "pedigree" had anything to do with it. But I have never seen this particular "pedigree" ever get any real premium.

-J.

It does not sound that crazy to me. When you compare this to the cost of a Strange Tales 110 it may even have more room to grow. I wish I had picked up a few more #45's. For now I will pick up #46 whenever a reasonable one comes up. That is a bargain in comparison.

Someone claiming to be the seller of this book contacted me directly using a "contact form" (but it wasn't a PM.) How is this possible? I don't see this capability on this site?

And to that person - why don't you just post here? (BTW, I didn't say anything about shilling.)

It looks way better than an 8.5 to me. Maybe the high bidder is hoping for a significant grade bump on a resub.

It's hard to see spine ticks on an FF45 cover. Especially in a slab in pictures, and there is a fairly significant glare in the pictures to complicate matters further.

Somebody just took a pretty big gamble and paid about $1000 over current 8.5 FMV if the plan is to re-submit it. That's not a chance I would take based on those pictures and not being able to see the book in hand. 2c

-J.

It does not sound that crazy to me. When you compare this to the cost of a Strange Tales 110 it may even have more room to grow. I wish I had picked up a few more #45's. For now I will pick up #46 whenever a reasonable one comes up. That is a bargain in comparison.

How and why is this book comparable to ST110? It's like comparing TOS39 to FF52. It's much easier to find mid-60s Marvels in high grade than any early Marvels. FF45 isn't rare or hard to find in grade. FF46 definitely isn't rare/scarce in any grade.

How and why is this book comparable to ST110? It's like comparing TOS39 to FF52. It's much easier to find mid-60s Marvels in high grade than any early Marvels. FF45 isn't rare or hard to find in grade. FF46 definitely isn't rare/scarce in any grade.

I do believe that FF 45 will reach at least comparable pricing as an x men 4 (a more apt comparison) grade for grade and perhaps exceed it if the movie really kills it.

-J.

A really bad buy. Pretty clear the buyer thought he was paying for a 9.2 on resub. Just the creasing on the upper edge of the front cover assures the best possible grade for this book is a 9.0. Old label doesn't always mean upgrade. :tonofbricks:

i would say 8.5 based on the top edge.

I do believe that FF 45 will reach at least comparable pricing as an x men 4 (a more apt comparison) grade for grade and perhaps exceed it if the movie really kills it.

-J.

That is if MAOS doesn't kill them first...