• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus 1 a more valuable key than Hulk 181? Really Overstreet? Poll on Page 87
3 3

1,571 posts in this topic

Smurfs, surprisingly, was really good on that Colecovision. I've tried to cut gaming off, but by now its embedded into my routine. A few nights a week I have to play after the family goes to bed for an hour or two. The newer systems have made great strides. If you happen upon a nice collection, or get a gift grade beyond your wildest dreams you might want to attempt a gaming rediscovery.

Smurfs, surprisingly, was really good on that Colecovision. I've tried to cut gaming off, but by now its embedded into my routine. A few nights a week I have to play after the family goes to bed for an hour or two. The newer systems have made great strides. If you happen upon a nice collection, or get a gift grade beyond your wildest dreams you might want to attempt a gaming rediscovery.

It's far too much time. The last game I spent any length of time on was Pirates of the Caribbean Online. Lots of fun, but wasted far, far too much time.

I remember the Smurfs game.

There's a computer game, NOT GHOSTS AND GOBLINS, from the early 90's, that I simply cannot find...it was some sort of Halloween type game, but for the life of me, I can't find any trace of it anywhere.

And Hulk #181 CGC 9.2? First place I looked....

On EBay

First place you looked? Sure. lol.

Considering eBay is worldwide, and has more sellers gathered in one place than anything else I can think of and I use it everyday.... uh, seems like the most logical place to look first. I can't say how... basic this understanding of the market is to do that....

Kudos on digging up the ONE available Hulk 181 9.2 on the entirety of the internet that I managed to miss. (thumbs u
Oh it's NOT the only one. AND, who said this search was limited to the internet? I said, and I quote: "Big Whooptity Doo. You can find that any day of the week. "

And I can. eBay, the internet - that's just one method to use.

And I happened to find TEN current and readily available copies of Cerebus 1 available across seven different grades, with scant "offers" between them.

Here you go changing the parameters of the debate again.

Your intellectual dishonesty is astonishing. You don't think people see it?

No one said anything about being not being able to find a copy of Cerebus #1 in ANY grade vs finding Hulk #181 in 9.2. But you turned it into that.

NO ONE IS DEBATING THAT.

Why do you keep creating scenarios that you know you'll be right about?

Anyone can do that.

Seriously. Are you just being silly? Are you just pulling our chain?

What was the point this was supposed to be proving again? (shrug)

-J.

The point was: "Hulk #181 CGC 9.2 - You can find that any day of the week. "

Which you can. I am right and you're silly to debate it.

There ARE other Hulk 181's in 9.2 on the internet... if it's JUST the internet your using.... but plenty of other places to find them around as well. If you WANT one, you can find one, pretty much any day of the week (which was my premise)

Do you get that?

Here on ANOTHER day, with a whole 10 minutes of time to spare, before I go to WWC and talk to national dealers who can all find me one, I found some more.

Maybe you don't care for PLODS, maybe you like to save money by buying PLODS. Here's a Hulk 181 CGC 9.2 for sale that's a PLOD. It IS a Hulk 181 9.2

PLOD

Roy bought this one. Roy sells comics. If I see him at WWC today, I can ask him if he wants to sell it.

Roy Buys a HUlk 181

In fact, knowing some of these national dealers, I'll BET you $1000, that EVERY one of them, when I say, "Hey, can you find me a Hulk #181 CGC 9.2, pretty easily?", will say, "Yeah I can find you one."

In other words: Any time, I'm ready to buy a Hulk #181 in CGC 9.2, I can find one. It's that simple.

A Cerebus #1 CGC 9.2?

Not so easy.

But: NO ONE WAS DEBATING THAT.

A Cerebus #1 in ANY grade? Sure.

But: NO ONE WAS DEBATING THAT. lol

THIS is what I put forth:

"Any national dealer on this board, if given a chance, would buy a Cerebus #1 CGC 9.4 over a Hulk #181 CGC 9.4 - if offered only one or the other - for $500."

and

"Hulk 181 in 9.2: Big Whooptity Doo. You can find that any day of the week."

I realize that if you stick to what's actually being debated, you really have no defense.

Dark Castle?

No, this is definitely from the early 90's, with much more advanced graphics.

Alright, alright. Hang in there, buddy. We can get to the bottom of this. I guess we can rule out ghouls and ghosts, the sequel to Ghosts and Goblins as well, right?

Was it Cauldron?

On EBay

Considering eBay is worldwide, and has more sellers gathered in one place than anything else I can think of and I use it everyday.... uh, seems like the most logical place to look first. I can't say how... basic this understanding of the market is to do that....

Kudos on digging up the ONE available Hulk 181 9.2 on the entirety of the internet that I managed to miss. (thumbs u
Oh it's NOT the only one. AND, who said this search was limited to the internet? I said, and I quote: "Big Whooptity Doo. You can find that any day of the week. "

And I happened to find TEN current and readily available copies of Cerebus 1 available across seven different grades, with scant "offers" between them.

No one said anything about being not being able to find a copy of Cerebus #1 in ANY grade vs finding Hulk #181 in 9.2. But you turned it into that.

NO ONE IS DEBATING THAT.

Anyone can do that.

-J.

There ARE other Hulk 181's in 9.2 on the internet... if it's JUST the internet your using.... but plenty of other places to find them around as well. If you WANT one, you can find one, pretty much any day of the week (which was my premise)

Do you get that?

Here on ANOTHER day, with a whole 10 minutes of time to spare, before I go to WWC and talk to national dealers who can all find me one, I found some more.

Maybe you don't care for PLODS, maybe you like to save money by buying PLODS. Here's a Hulk 181 CGC 9.2 for sale that's a PLOD. It IS a Hulk 181 9.2

PLOD

Roy bought this one. Roy sells comics. If I see him at WWC today, I can ask him if he wants to sell it.

Roy Buys a HUlk 181

In fact, knowing some of these national dealers, I'll BET you $1000, that EVERY one of them, when I say, "Hey, can you find me a Hulk #181 CGC 9.2, pretty easily?", will say, "Yeah I can find you one."

In other words: Any time, I'm ready to buy a Hulk #181 in CGC 9.2, I can find one. It's that simple.

A Cerebus #1 CGC 9.2?

Not so easy.

"Any national dealer on this board, if given a chance, would buy a Cerebus #1 CGC 9.4 over a Hulk #181 CGC 9.4 - if offered only one or the other - for $500."

and

I realize that if you stick to what's actually being debated, you really have no defense.

I would suggest that you re-read the OP's original subject line and post before you accuse anyone of "intellectual dishonesty" or "changing the parameters of the debate". My response to your (still overly blanket statement) that hulk 181 9.2's are everywhere and all over the place (and no, I don't count PLODs) was obviously merely an aside. I noticed you ignored the other, substantive points of the post, including where I told you I agree that the five top grade copies of cerebus 1, 9.4's currently have a higher FMV of the 350+ hulk 181 9.2 copies when they sell. Although the cerebus 1 is DOWN 15% in "value" over the last 10 year period. I believe that debunks any notion you might have that a cerebus 1 9.2 has gone UP in value over the same period of time. Best case scenario, it would be flat. Therefore, in every grade, except cerebus 1's 5 top graded copies hulk 181 is the more valuable book. And that is why cerebus 1's place above hulk 181 on Overstreet's list is shortsighted, pure tunnel vision, and just plain wrong.

And I remembered that boardie hulk 181 9.2 sale. It sold immediately, at full price (2700, 2 weeks ago) and even that sale was higher than anything a cerebus 1 9.2 has sold for (though I do not consider this to 181 sale to be a "publicly available sale", and it will not be collected by GPA, Overstreet, etc).

-J.

On EBay

NO ONE IS DEBATING THAT.

Anyone can do that.

-J.

Do you get that?

PLOD

Roy Buys a HUlk 181

A Cerebus #1 CGC 9.2?

Not so easy.

and

I would suggest that you re-read the OP's original subject line and post before you accuse anyone of "intellectual dishonesty" or "changing the parameters of the debate". My response to your (still overly blanket statement) that hulk 181 9.2's are everywhere and all over the place (and no, I don't count PLODs) was obviously merely an aside.

Intellectual dishonesty. Not what was said.

I noticed you ignored the other, substantive points of the post, including where I told you I agree that the five top grade copies of cerebus 1, 9.4's currently have a higher FMV of the 350+ hulk 181 9.2 copies when they sell. Although the cerebus 1 is DOWN 15% in "value" over the last 10 year period.

I ignored it because you don't know what you're talking about. Many people make wrong assumptions when learning how to use GPA.

I believe that debunks any notion you might have that a cerebus 1 9.2 has gone UP in value over the same period of time.

Intellectual dishonesty. Not what was said.

Not even anything I was talking about. Seriously, do you make this stuff up in your head?

Best case scenario, it would be flat. Therefore, in every grade, except cerebus 1's 5 top graded copies hulk 181 is the more valuable book. And that is why cerebus 1's place above hulk 181 on Overstreet's list is shortsighted, pure tunnel vision, and just plain wrong.

Any national dealer on this board, if given a chance, would buy a Cerebus #1 CGC 9.4 over a Hulk #181 CGC 9.4 - if offered only one or the other - for $500.

Real World: More valuable.

You lose. Period.

And I remembered that boardie hulk 181 9.2 sale. It sold immediately, at full price (2700, 2 weeks ago) and even that sale was higher than anything a cerebus 1 9.2 has sold for (though I do not consider this to 181 sale to be a "publicly available sale", and it will not be collected by GPA, Overstreet, etc).

-J.

Intellectual dishonesty. Changing the parameters of the topic.

Chuck

If you have other publicly available sales data that show a cerebus 1 not sliding 15% in value in the past 10 years, please post it for us here.

-J.

That's a decent point, jaydog. We are relying a bit heavily on "shadow" data here. I'm not saying there isn't data, but it's not like we've had a testamonial from someone who has sold one lately. You'd have thought this thread would catch someone's eye.

hm

Anyhoo, not to change the subject, but once again, I feel both of these would outperform a GL 76, the #2 book on the list I believe, if sold in the same auction, in the same grade, with similar pq.

Edited by blazincomics

Although the cerebus 1 is DOWN 15% in "value" over the last 10 year period. .

This is false, but you keep repeating it.

Not only is it patently false, it's also deliberately misleading.

You keep saying it, I'll keep refuting it.

Chuck

If you have other publicly available sales data that show a cerebus 1 not sliding 15% in value in the past 10 years, please post it for us here.

-J.

That's a decent point, jaydog.

Decent points aren't patently false.

Decent points are, at the very least, true. You have to start with a TRUE statement, before it can even approach being "decent."

Dark Castle?

No, this is definitely from the early 90's, with much more advanced graphics.

Alright, alright. Hang in there, buddy. We can get to the bottom of this. I guess we can rule out ghouls and ghosts, the sequel to Ghosts and Goblins as well, right?

Was it Cauldron?

No, but that's closer.