• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

Excellent buying show, as always, although the number of buyers at these shows is becoming comical. Set-up day is a veritable whos-who of boardies, dealers, and other ne'er do wells looking to score. At one point around 1pm on Thursday, there were more people standing around waiting for dealers to set-up then there were people setting up. Maybe Dale had the right idea.....nah.... :P

Lots of quality material in the room, much of which I had to ship home. Thank goodness the Fedex office was just a couple of blocks away. My convention season is over, and its time to tally the wins and losses and get ready for next season. Thanks to everyone who made this show a blast!

can someone please tell me where they are with onsite completion? Have books from the Friday 1 pm submission been returned yet?

1cool submitted early Friday and his books were not going to be there today they told him tomorrow

can someone please tell me where they are with onsite completion? Have books from the Friday 1 pm submission been returned yet?

I dunno as I got there late.

But you do have what I believe is a *better* option, other than waiting for the books to be graded:

I went there first thing in the morning today, subbed about 25 books and since onsite was limited to 5 books, CGC offered to do "onsite to home" grading. That is paraphrased, it is not an exact qoute, I'm tired.

Basically, the books will be graded in a few days & will be shipped out as soon as they are graded.

It is still $25 per book, which is cheaper than regular modern grading + fast tracking........and it is also MUCH faster than fast tracking.

I subbed 2/3 of a short box graded and shipping came to about $75.

Beats having to drive back there or get a hotel room for sure....and I made the submission at 1PM on the day before the show closed (thumbs u

Not that this is related to your question at all, just thought I'd share this anecdote with the board, as a whole.

While I was at CGC's booth, I overheard a CGC customer getting somewhat irate and complaining to one of the reps about his books not being graded within a day of his subbing them.

Not for nothing, but one really should consider just how swamped the graders must be when books are subbed at shows for onsite grading.....just sayin'.

When they do get the work done, and offer further services , such as shipping right to your home within a week or so for $25 a book on moderns with FMV's under $200, I would say it is unreasonable to fault CGC, in any way.

1cool submitted early Friday and his books were not going to be there today they told him tomorrow

Thank you! And thank you also for the ticket help!

Have a safe and easy travel experience home! I hope some good books remain for tomorrow.

1Cool, I plan to wear a shirt with Dr Strange by Mike Mignola on the front and back. Say hello should you see me. (And other boardies say hello to me as well please!)

J

But you do have what I believe is a *better* option, other than waiting for the books to be graded:

I went there first thing in the morning today, subbed about 25 books and since onsite was limited to 5 books, CGC offered to do "onsite to home" grading. That is paraphrased, it is not an exact qoute, I'm tired.

Basically, the books will be graded in a few days & will be shipped out as soon as they are graded.

It is still $25 per book, which is cheaper than regular modern grading + fast tracking........and it is also MUCH faster than fast tracking.

Beats having to drive back there or get a hotel room for sure....and I made the submission at 1PM on the day before the show closed (thumbs u

Not that this is related to your question at all, just thought I'd share this anecdote with the board, as a whole.

While I was at CGC's booth, I overheard a CGC customer getting somewhat irate and complaining to one of the reps about his books not being graded within a day of his subbing them.

Not for nothing, but one really should consider just how swamped the graders must be when books are subbed at shows for onsite grading.....just sayin'.

When they do get the work done, and offer further services , such as shipping right to your home within a week or so for $25 a book on moderns with FMV's under $200, I would say it is unreasonable to fault CGC, in any way.

On-site has never meant same day. In fact, most times it is at least parts of two days. Last year I actually received my moderns back before an actual on-site walk-thru submission. The books being back by shows end is not a guarantee.

As has already been stated, if they are not ready by shows end they do get mailed out to you.

I'll keep my eyes open for the shirt. I'll be wearing a grey wolverine shirt as a tribute to my old board icon. Got one book back out of 30 submitted but it was my one older book (got a AV 57 8.0). Hopefully all the modern books will be waiting for me when I get there.

J

On-site has never meant same day. In fact, most times it is at least parts of two days. Last year I actually received my moderns back before an actual on-site walk-thru submission. The books being back by shows end is not a guarantee.

As has already been stated, if they are not ready by shows end they do get mailed out to you.

Aren't you supposed to be at dinner?

Needless to say Hector has the Midas touch this submission. Hopefully a little of his luck will wear off on me tomorrow.

Far from it.

Plenty of 9.0-9.6s in my submissions. While I did hit some good numbers overall it was as expected.

Submitted another 4 SS books this morning when they opened up again with a few more slots. That'll bring me to six total:

Lando #1 Variant, X-Factor #6, Lando #1 Variant, Death of Wolverine #1 Canada Variant, White Lantern Hawkeye Sketch, and Green Lantern 49 and 50.

Also picked up a couple high grade, but not to expensive books I was looking for including a few Ultimate Spider-Man #160 Variants (I want the whole set), Wolverine #8, some Renew Your Vows variants, and lots of pretty new blanks.

Hopefully I'll get them early afternoon tomorrow, but if I have to wait till the end, can't complain since I got all of my books that i was getting done in.

Met a few boardies, all great, while waiting in the line for on-site and had a great talk with Mike at the booth.

Did anyone else attend Mark Waid's Guest of Honor Spotlight? It was wonderfully fun. He was basically roasted and toasted simultaneously by Barry Kitson, JG Jones, Christy Blanch, Dean Haspiel, Bob Greenberger and Todd Dezago. It was only an hour but I would have gladly watch that group for three.

Overall, I gotta say it's been a solid show, my only complaint is that I didn't put enough money aside for this show because there are a lot of pretty Marvel Premiere #15 that are super reasonably priced. And a lot of Alias #1, saw one at almost every other booth.

Wtf Jeff you are there? Here?

lol

No. :(

We'd be having dinner. ;)

Good. Was gonna wait on a birthday present to give you in ny, but I don't want to go now, so I'm gonna mail it to someone who is going, maybe dre, if he's home. I'm on my way home checking the boards when I fill up at gas stations

lol

Good. Was gonna wait on a birthday present to give you in ny, but I don't want to go now, so I'm gonna mail it to someone who is going, maybe dre, if he's home. I'm on my way home checking the boards when I fill up at gas stations

I found a lot of books that you would have brought after you left

lol

I found a lot of books that you would have brought after you left

Did u buy them for me?