• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

It turns out, all the jokes in the movie have already been revealed in the trailer, according to Birth Movies Death.

Hmmmm....I wonder what other huge DC movie put everything on front street in the trailer as well......could it be BvS?

They really need to balance out what they present in trailers and what they put on screen as a final product. The all the eggs in one trailer basket just doesn't cut it.

i'm a comic geek, and see almost every s/h movie. i went to b v. s nothwithstanding the reviews. but if ssquad gets similar reviews, i won't plunk down the dough---i'll wait for netflix, like i'm waiting for last year's ff bomb.

i'm a comic geek, and see almost every s/h movie. i went to b v. s nothwithstanding the reviews. but if ssquad gets similar reviews, i won't plunk down the dough---i'll wait for netflix, like i'm waiting for last year's ff bomb.

Pretty much where I am. I've seen every Marvel and DC film so far (other than FF). This will be only the second I skip if it gets bad reviews. Especially if the reviews contain words like joyless and dark. I was hoping this was the DC film that would prove they could make a movie that was lighter and fun. Sounds like I may have been wrong. Still hoping for the best.

If you exclude Wonder Woman, I more excited to see this movie than BvS (though I was certainly anticipating it too).

Reshoots happens a lot on a lot of movies, and I'd rather a studio be flexible like this barring crazy scenarios like FF. The timing, I will admit, is a little dubious though.

And with Batman in this thing, it's must watch for me anyway considering how awesome he was,

Plus, we know that Ayer is working on another project with Big Willie Style (with Joel Edgerton too) for netflix so one would assume there wasn't a cast/director issue.

I do the same although I avoided FF like the plague.

I saw the Suicide Squad trailer at BvS. From what I've seen, it looks quite good. Am I concerned it's already getting negative criticism? No. DC are finally on track with their movies and that's all the matters to this individual. Let's face it... the Superhero Movie bubble will burst eventually.

Besides, the critics were completely wrong about Batman v Superman... :baiting:lol;)

I agree!

By the way, not everyone is seeing these re-shot scenes as a negative.

SUICIDE SQUAD Reshoots Bode Well For The DC Movieverse

I have since spoken to more sources and I understand that the reshoots are happening right now, as recently as this week, and that they're big - tens of millions of dollars big. And they're adding more humor and lightness into the film.

This, to me, is great news. Hearing that WB is aware that they need to inject some fun into these movies - and that's what I'm hearing is happening here, not that they're inserting jokes left and right but that they're beefing up fun character moments and interactions - can only mean good things for the future of the DC Movieverse after the deadly serious, zero fun Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It sounds more like Warner is responding to audience feedback, rather than just sticking to a plan without a care about the viewer.

:applause:

I agree!

I have since spoken to more sources and I understand that the reshoots are happening right now, as recently as this week, and that they're big - tens of millions of dollars big. And they're adding more humor and lightness into the film.

This, to me, is great news. Hearing that WB is aware that they need to inject some fun into these movies - and that's what I'm hearing is happening here, not that they're inserting jokes left and right but that they're beefing up fun character moments and interactions - can only mean good things for the future of the DC Movieverse after the deadly serious, zero fun Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It sounds more like Warner is responding to audience feedback, rather than just sticking to a plan without a care about the viewer.

I am happy to hear that WB is responding to the feedback, what has me worried is the writers/ producers didn't have the foresight to include it in the first place.

I agree!

I am happy to hear that WB is responding to the feedback, what has me worried is the writers/ producers didn't have the foresight to include it in the first place.

This has me more worried for the simple fact that they are attempting to dumb down the movie. My worry is they go to far and we end up with cra p like AoU or Ant-Man.

It is funny that audiences and critics were fine with the dark Nolan Batman trilogy but are taking the opposite approach with BvS and this movie.

Edited by kimik

I agree!

This has me more worried for the simple fact that they are attempting to dumb down the movie. My worry is they go to far and we end up with cra p like AoU or Ant-Man.

It is funny that audiences and critics were fine with the dark Nolan Batman trilogy but are taking the opposite approach with BvS and this movie.

There was some small amount of humor in the Nolan trilogy ( example from The Dark Knight: Batman wannabe says:"What makes you so different from us?" Batman replies: "I'm not wearing hockey pants". )

Or from Batman Begins: Alfred says: "I assume you are taking on this persona to protect those you love." Bruce Wayne says: "you mean Rachel.." Alfred says: "actually sir, I was thinking of myself."

The humor included was just right as well.

I agree with you ... I am worried. We shall see. :)

If they want a "fun" movie, then get Flash on the big screen ASAP. Or, since I have a decent stack of the keys, do a Teen Titans movie aimed at a younger crowd. I like having both darker, more adult oriented super-hero films as well as the fun ones.

Critics may have liked Nolan simply because he's a quality filmmaker.

While I agree with that, I do think he feels over conflated because he has a a HARDCORE following that's super annoying if you say anything that's not Nolan-Worship online. That said, he's definitely on another level (thus far) over Snyder. The catalog at this point speaks for itself.

Do we not thing given the same cast, same -script, and Nolan directed this film, it wouldn't probably, hypothetically, be better?

Critics may have liked Nolan simply because he's a quality filmmaker.

While I agree with that, I do think he feels over conflated because he has a a HARDCORE following that's super annoying if you say anything that's not Nolan-Worship online. That said, he's definitely on another level (thus far) over Snyder. The catalog at this point speaks for itself.

Do we not thing given the same cast, same -script, and Nolan directed this film, it wouldn't probably, hypothetically, be better?

I think so.

I agree!

The diffetence between the Nolan trilogy is that Nolan is a very good director, and invariably makes solid movies.

"Dark" mivies can be critical & commercial succeses, if the director knows WTF he's doing.

Nolan has not made a single movie, which was anything but highly reviewed by critics.

Look at Memento, Nolan's brealthrough movie.Modern classic, and a dark movie.

OTOH, Snyder is a borderline hack..300 was a good movie , Watchmen ...not so much.

I still haven't seen DOJ yet, but I am expecting it to be decent.Given that Snyder is the director, I am not expecting to see the sort of emotional depth that Nolan is capable of bringing onto the screen.

Affleck should have directed DOJ....IMHO.