• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Suicide Squad Director On How Much Batman Is In The Film

"Just the right amount," says director David Ayer when we asked how much Batman we'll get to see in the film. As for when Suicide Squad takes place -- before or after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice -- and whether it will acknowledge the events of BvS, Ayer was reluctant to go into details, simply saying "the answer to all of the above is yes."

In the trailer, we see the bat interacting with Joker and Harley via the vehicle scene, but he also locks horns with Deadshot at some point, according to Will Smith. "The Bat does cross my path... and, ya know, it's not completely pleasant." Same goes for Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Killer Croc.

Could we get a Killer Croc vs. Batman scene?

:wishluck:

And have the joker revealed to be Jason Todd as well. :wishluck::wishluck:

Fixed that for you.

:foryou:

Do you think that will be the hidden backstory they are building up to? Then where is the real Joker?

"Just the right amount," says director David Ayer when we asked how much Batman we'll get to see in the film. As for when Suicide Squad takes place -- before or after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice -- and whether it will acknowledge the events of BvS, Ayer was reluctant to go into details, simply saying "the answer to all of the above is yes."

In the trailer, we see the bat interacting with Joker and Harley via the vehicle scene, but he also locks horns with Deadshot at some point, according to Will Smith. "The Bat does cross my path... and, ya know, it's not completely pleasant." Same goes for Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Killer Croc.

Fixed that for you.

Do you think that will be the hidden backstory they are building up to? Then where is the real Joker?

I have my own theory on Joker's identity and how it ties in with BvS...

Fixed that for you.

Lex Luthor SR?

Fixed that for you.

I have no clue, but I have a few copies of Batman #357 (including a Canandian newsstand 9.8) so Jason Todd Joker + Killer Croc would mean a nice pop for it. lol

I've been wanting to hear Karen Fukuhara talk about her role. And she read the comics!

Another one that hasn't spoke up much. Another one, reading that horrible comics.

"In the Squad you'll find some with a higher moral code. But Boomerang ain't one of them."

:applause:

Harley Quinn's Jester Suit Easter Egg Spotted In Suicide Squad Trailer

Eagle-eyed viewer eobardthawne42 spotted a fantastic Harley Quinn easter egg in the newest Suicide Squad trailer.

Upon repeated viewings, a familiar costume can be seen behind the black case to right. The costume in question is, of course, the classic red and black jester outfit that she's most synonymous with in the comics, and Margot Robbie did recently confirm they tried several outfits on for the film, including that one.

harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg-1-copy-179185.jpg

harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg-2-copy-179186.jpg

You're not getting off the hook that easy.

:popcorn:

:baiting:

Sorry guys, I missed this yesterday :blush:

I've looked at every factor available. What we've seen in MoS. What we've seen in BvS. What we know about the characters in SS. Information/speculation on the 'net. Everything.

After much consideration... and I mean MUCH consideration, I've worked out who the Joker is in Suicide Squad...

Though I don't think that you're going to like it...

You're really not going to like it...

The answer to the great question is...

42 :grin:

No wait, this is DC... 52 (thumbs u

Harley Quinn's Jester Suit Easter Egg Spotted In Suicide Squad Trailer

Eagle-eyed viewer eobardthawne42 spotted a fantastic Harley Quinn easter egg in the newest Suicide Squad trailer.

Upon repeated viewings, a familiar costume can be seen behind the black case to right. The costume in question is, of course, the classic red and black jester outfit that she's most synonymous with in the comics, and Margot Robbie did recently confirm they tried several outfits on for the film, including that one.

harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg-1-copy-179185.jpg

harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg-2-copy-179186.jpg

costume? huh...all I see is a delicious looking Margot Robbie.

How Long Margot Robbie Wants To Play Harley Quinn

This level of fandom is part of what makes the upcoming Suicide Squad movie so exciting- they’re almost all Batman exclusive villains. Specifically, Suicide Squad will feature the first live-action version of The Joker’s assistant, love, and occasional punching bag Harley Quinn, played by Margot Robbie.

Margot Robbie was recently asked if she intends to wear Harley Quinn’s signature pigtails and maniacal grin again, to which she answered:

"Yeah, I'm so not done playing her yet. I will do whatever I can to keep playing Harley for another couple of years. Until my body gives out and I can't do it anymore."

:applause:

Jared Leto dives deep to play The Joker in Suicide Squad

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What were your original thoughts when you were approached about taking on a character that has become so iconic?

JARED LETO: You take a deep breath. There is a responsibility I suppose that you can feel but it’s also incredibly exciting. The work that’s been done on this character by so many people before me has been so impactful, so incredible, so much fun, so profound, so risky, that it’s a very special thing to be asked to take on that responsibility.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So what did you do to create this guy? What did you go and do? Who did this guy become to you?

JARED LETO: He became a real person. I don’t know if person is the right word. I think the Joker lives in between reality and another plane. Kind of a shaman in a way. It’s a very intoxicating role to take on. You have permission to break rules and to challenge yourself and anyone around you in a really unique way.

I first started at the beginning, educating myself, researching, reading as much as I could, going back to the source material. And then at a certain point, I knew I had to stop doing that. Because the Joker has been redefined, reinvented many times before. I think the fun thing about it is when people have done it in the past, there is some spirit of the Joker essence that they keep, but they either build upon something or tear something down and start again at the beginning. For me, I knew once I had gone through the process of educating myself, I had to throw everything away and start from the beginning and really build this from the ground up. It was a transformative process. There was a physical transformation. There was a physical conditioning.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What, specifically, did you do?

JARED LETO: There are a lot of things. It’s probably better to not get into it but to the Joker, violence is a symphony. This is someone who gets an extreme reward from the act of violence and manipulation. Those are the songs he sings and he is very in tune with what makes people tick. I did meet with people that were experts, doctors, psychiatrists that dealt with psychopaths and people who had committed horrendous crimes, and then I spent some time with those people themselves, people who have been institutionalized for great periods of time. I guess when you take on a role, any role, you become part detective, part writer, and for me that’s my favorite time of the entire process, the discovering, the uncovering, and the building of a character. Yeah, it’s really fun.

It sounds like Leto really immersed himself in the role. I wonder what he meant by 'better not to get into it...'.

DC Collectibles has started showing off its line of Suicide Squad statues, including the Margot Robbie based Harley Quinn. The statue stands at 12' tall and is priced at $154.95.

DC is accepting pre-orders

I pre-ordered one of these about 2 months ago.

Nice. Are you missing any of the Harley statues?

SUICIDE SQUAD: David Ayer And Jared Leto Explain The 'Joker's' Tattoos

“The Joker has a lot of different looks, sort of built from the looks throughout the history of DC Comics but with a new sort of flair and flavor on him so he does feel like a modern-day gangster, because… he’s always been a gangster,” said Ayer. The Joker has always been a character that would evolve just as much as Batman would with his suits, and it looks like Ayer wants to the Joker to live up to his name as the Clown Prince of Crime.

When asked how involved he was in creating the Joker's look, Jared Leto added: "David had some very specific ideas. As far as the look of the Joker, it was a collaborative process. There were things I brought to the table and things David brought to the table and it was a mashup of both of our sick and twisted minds. There were specific things that he liked and wanted and I was there to help bring them to life in the best way I could."

I still don't care for the 'DAMAGED' tattoo. But have high hopes for this movie.