• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Will Smith And Margot Robbie Discuss SUICIDE SQUAD's Lack Of 'Rick Flagg' And More

---------------------

Talking to USA Today to promote their upcoming movie Focus, Will Smith and Margot Robbie were asked what's taking so long to find a new leader for the villainous team. "We've still got to get it right," Smith said. Robbie meanwhile, added: "This happens all the time. People act like, 'Oh my god, the movie must be ending!' It's just the deal with movies." Not to mention "a lot of the characters haven't been portrayed before so it's a pretty big undertaking. And it's a big undertaking for the people who are going to play the characters who have been played, like the Joker. It's big shoes to fill."

---------------------

Will Smith & Margot Robbie On SUICIDE SQUAD Character Development And David Ayer's Secrecy

---------------------

"I'm really looking forward to it," said Margot before Will chimed in, "I'm looking forward to it too, but I don't know what it's going to be character-wise." Margot then added, "We don't know what our characters' relationship is really gonna be [because] it's ever-changing." Will Smith proceeded, offering praise for Suicide Squad director/writer David Ayer. "It's really cool, the way that David Ayer works," said the actor. "It's all images, all ideas, and he holds the screenplay [pretty close] and he just keeps sending you things about your character. He just wants you to be prepared for anything."

---------------------

ROBOCOP Star Joel Kinnaman Frontrunner To Play 'Rick Flagg' In SUICIDE SQUAD

---------------------

It looks like Suicide Squad has finally found its Rick Flagg, with Joel Kinnaman said to be the frontrunner to take on the role in Fury director David Ayer's 2016 DC Comics adaptation. There were rumours that Tom Hardy departed the project due to his character not having a particularly large role, but the official explanation is that it came down to scheduling issues caused by shooting The Revenant and promotional duties for Mad Max: Fury Road. It very much sounds like this is all but a done deal, so expect to possibly hear something official about Kinnaman playing Flagg soon.

---------------------

HOSTEL Star Jay Hernandez In Talks To Join The Cast Of SUICIDE SQUAD

--------------------

Now that Joel Kinnaman has replaced Tom Hardy as Suicide Squad's Rick Flagg, the cast continues to fill out. The latest addition according to The Wrap is Jay Hernandez, an actor best known for roles in movies like Crazy/Beautiful, World Trade Center, and Gang Related. He's only in negotiations as of right now, and there are no specific details on who the Latin actor will be playing in the movie.

However, the site reveals that, "it’s possible that he could be playing an inmate on the same cell block as The Joker, though there are several other open roles at this time."

--------------------

jay_hernandez.jpg

Jared Leto Teases The "Beautiful Disaster" That Is 'The Joker' In SUICIDE SQUAD

---------------------

When Billboard caught up with him, it was by getting bigger! "I'm trying to gain a lot of weight. It means I have to eat every couple of hours -- and I'm terrible at eating a lot," he told the site.

As for what appealed to him about the project (especially when it comes with so much pressure), he added: "The opportunity to take on this nearly Shakespearean character -- that's what graphic novels and comic books are becoming, right? [He's] this beautiful disaster of a character -- what a big challenge."

---------------------

Margot Robbie Talks SUICIDE SQUAD Multi-Pic Deal And Working with 'The Joker' Jared Leto

---------------------

In a separate interview with AZCentral, Margot Robbie was asked whether or not it's scary to know that her multi-picture contract may require her to play Harley Quinn for years. "Yeah, that's daunting," she replied. "You don't need to have commitment issues to be frightened by the fact that you might have just signed 10 years of your life away. … But with her, it's a character I don't think would ever get boring. Ever. So if they did Suicide Squad One, Two and Three, I would be over the moon about it."

---------------------

Will Smith And Margot Robbie Briefly Discuss SUICIDE SQUAD And AFTER EARTH

---------------------

At a press day for Will Smith and Margot Robbie's upcoming film, Focus, the two discussed a number of topics including briefly David Ayer's Suicide Squad. One such question was whether their onscreen chemistry was instantaneous and whether it will carry over to Suicide Squad. "Yeah, it was pretty instantaneous," said Will Smith, "You can’t create chemistry. You either have it or you don’t. And when she walked in, it was really palpable."

---------------------

From their current movie, I can see how these two would click.

---------------------

Lastly Margot Robbie was asked what exactly attracted her to playing the villainous Harley Quinn, to which she said, "There are a lot of layers to the character. And then, there’s the idea of playing a supervillain. Playing a bad guy is always more fun than playing the good guy. I’m looking forward to that."

---------------------

Nice! She sees the value in playing up a great supervillain.

:applause:

More From Viola Davis On SUICIDE SQUAD And Why She's Taking On 'The Wall' Role

---------------------

"As a comic book and Wonder Woman fan, I love the whole DC Comics universe," she told The Hollywood Reporter yesterday. "I traded comics as a kid so all of that appeals to me. When you dream about being an actor as a kid, that's what you dream about. It's like play acting: being the superhero, getting the gun; it plays into that fantasy. How to Get Away with Murder changed my exposure. I don't know if it changed the quality of roles as much as exposure. I mean certainly Amanda Waller is a fabulous character."

---------------------

enhanced-14136-1407433279-9.jpg