• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Other folks have noted that, while the overall movie was bunk, Angela Bassett nailed the role in Green Lantern.

We should be so lucky as to have her reprise the role for Suicide Squad.

Too skinny. Waller should be built like a brick $#!%house. In a pinch I would go with Viola Davis, Also, for The Joker(if he's in it) I would look at the guy that plays Felix on Orphan Black. He's got the look. IMHO.

Other folks have noted that, while the overall movie was bunk, Angela Bassett nailed the role in Green Lantern.

We should be so lucky as to have her reprise the role for Suicide Squad.

Too skinny. Waller should be built like a brick $#!%house. In a pinch I would go with Viola Davis, Also, for The Joker(if he's in it) I would look at the guy that plays Felix on Orphan Black. He's got the look. IMHO.

Not sure I agree, the guy reminds me of Prince.

If that is the angle you are going for, then I can see it; you know, the clown prince of crime.

SUICIDE SQUAD Creator John Ostrander Weighs In On Upcoming Movie And Cast

--------------------

The cast of course is particularly impressive, with Will Smith taking on the role of Deadshot one of the most talked about decisisions. He'll likely be headlining the movie, and Ostrander had this to say about him playing Floyd Lawton. "I definitely see it. The thing you have to consider is that movies are different and separate entities from comics. They have different needs, and they have to find ways to get a lot of people into seats. To the general public, Deadshot as a character is not well known, so they wouldn't really notice any difference. Of course, the people doing the movies want to have the biggest star that they can, because that will help draw people into the movie. Understanding all of that, I have no problem with the casting," he confirmed.

--------------------

:applause:

I'm curious about the Will Smith choice. Heard he turned down Django unchained because Django didnt get enough attention....while Deadshot is cool he wont get the lions share of screen time......thought maybe they explore the Deadshot/Harley Quinn romance from the comics????

Brave and the Bold is already pretty big but I would expect a bump, percentage wise I think Legends might do well.

BB 25 on the Bay in CGC 5.0,already over 1600. ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brave-The-Bold-25-1st-Suicide-Squad-CGC-5-0-CREAM-OW-Pgs-/381076960057?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58b9f4f339

BTW, no promotion, not my book, just saying this book is hot .

Edited by bomber-bob

Do you guys think detective comics 474 the second appearance of deadshot is a good investment? Will smith is playing him. Might steal the movie. But it's still his second appearance. What you think?

If that ship hasn't sailed yet, it's at least pulled anchor... probably could still find a good deal out in the wild though!

So Viola Davis has been cast as Amanda Waller?

I like the "plump" Waller instead. Makes more sense when the refer to her as "The Wall".

Confirmed!

EXCLUSIVE: Viola Davis Bags Amanda Waller Role In 'Suicide Squad'

----------------------

According to sources, the lovely Viola Davis (How To Get Away With Murder) has bagged the role of major DC Comics villain and Prison Warden Amanda Waller in David Ayer's upcoming Suicide Squad. In the comics, Amanda Waller is a former congressional aide and government agent often placed in charge of the Suicide Squad, a semi-secret government-run group of former supervillains working in return for amnesty.

Oprah Winfrey and Octavia Spencer were reported earlier as contenders for the role.

----------------------

She is a very good actress.

:applause: