• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Joel Kinnaman On The Appeal Of Playing Rick Flag In David Ayer's SUICIDE SQUAD

---------------------

Said the RoboCop actor, "You want the backstory of the character, but I think this is also a universe that David Ayer is going to create – there’s a lot more. Also, when you’re doing the first movie in a comic book, you always have the leeway of you’re going to move it from a comic book to a film and put it in real life – you’re always going to make a lot of changes and create a new universe. So you’re kind of setting a precedent. When you’re remaking a movie that’s already been made and a character that was made for the film, then it becomes a different thing and it’s more difficult to create something new without offending some people."

---------------------

Ed Harris Addresses SUICIDE SQUAD 'Rick Flagg Sr.' Rumor; Joel Kinnaman Talks Up David Ayer

------------------

In addition to Joel Kinnaman's confirmation that he will be playing Rick Flagg Jr. in Suicide Squad, yesterday's press junket for the upcoming Run All Night thriller also saw veteran actor Ed Harris address the rumors from earlier this year that said he was "under consideration" for Rick Flagg Sr.

“I don’t know anything about that,” said the four-time Oscar-nominated thespian, via ScreenRant. “Joel mentioned that there was something he wanted me to look at, or think about doing, but I don’t know if that was it or not.”

------------------

SUICIDE SQUAD: Apparently 'Antiphon' & His Onslaught Group Will Be The Main Villains

------------------

According to Latino review scooper El Mayimbe, David Ayer's Suicide Squad will be taking on Onslaught and their leader, Antiphon. In the comics these guys were a team of supervillians made up of various terrorists from Qurac (a fictional Middle Eastern Country in the DC Comics universe), and Greek team member Antiphon was a fairly minor character with super-speed powers -- but it sounds like there might be a few changes made for the movie interpretations.

"Onslaught are hunting super heroes & villains for their own agenda," reports Mayimbe. "They're like a special ops team made up of mercenaries. Antiphon is a burn victim & has a prosthetic leg." He also reckons this was the role Ed Harris was rumored for, but has no information on who'll actually play the character yet.

------------------

Oh my!

SUICIDE SQUAD: Is Joe Manganiello Close To Signing On As DEATHSTROKE?

-----------------

Now according to Cinema Blend's sources, Joe Manganiello is close to signing on as Slade Wilson a.k.a Deathstroke in David Ayer's Suicide Squad. Their source also adds that Jason Clarke (Dawn of The Planet of The Apes) is the second choice for the role, but Manganiello is said to be close to a done deal. Cinema Blend also says we should expect confirmation on this casting very soon.

-----------------

BA7MKcv.jpgvs. Sbz19Zj.jpg

More Details About DEATHSTROKE's "Breakout" Role In SUICIDE SQUAD

According to him, instead of being a full-on supervillain with powers, Deathstroke will be a hired assassin working for Onslaught. He's said to be the breakout character and his introductory scene is described as absolutely "insane." Also, Deathstroke will come face-to-face with the Suicide Squad early on and basically take down the entire team single-handedly.

Deathstroke's costume is said to be very stealth-oriented and uses an actual U.S. military tactical outfit for the basis. Like his comic-counterpart, his weapons of choice will be a sword and several automatics. The iconic orange/black mask is there, but early concept art does reveal that he will have two eyes, at least initially.

As for casting, since the role is expected to be the breakout character, the studio has been particularly choosy. Following up on last night's vague casting details, Mayimbe adds a little more: Jason Clarke (Terminator: Genisys) is out as he has a scheduling conflict and Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop) initially tested for the role, but landed Rick Flagg instead. Until very recently, Joe Manganiello (Spider-Man) also had a scheduling conflict, but according to the report, he may have just dropped out of the upcoming horror-comedy anthology television series Scream Queens, freeing him up for Suicide Squad. Official casting news should be imminent, but as of right now, it seems like Deathstroke is Manganiello's role to lose.

Details About The Joker In 'Suicide Squad' Surface

--------------------

Today's SUICIDE SQUAD FIRE is all about Jared Leto's THE JOKER! So what I'm being told, Leto's Joker is most definitely based on THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS version.

He's lean & scarred but his suit does have broad shoulders. Joker works out in his cell like an inmate when he is interrogated by Amanda Waller. He's doing hand stand push ups so it makes sense that Jared Leto said he is putting on weight. He's definitely not skinny, but in fact more muscular. He has bleached skin not make up. #SPOILER - He's killed one of Batman's sidekicks, there is a lot of references to his past crimes. He kills a lot of people.

HUGE RUMOR - I'm also told The Joker has a lot of scenes with HUGO STRANGE! He's the psychiatrist at the prison & seems to be a part of the story yet I heard nothing of casting or mention of a single casting choice. Hugo Strange has quite a few interactions with the Joker & Harley Quinn.

--------------------

It Looks Like David Ayer's SUICIDE SQUAD May Have Found Its 'Deathstroke'

------------------

Yesterday, Latino-Review's @umbertogonzalez revealed that Joe Manganiello had "probably" landed the role of Deathstroke in Suicide Squad after dropping out of comedy horror anthology Scream Queens, from Glee creator Ryan Murphy. Well, The Wrap has confirmed that he's no longer attached to the project and that "It has also been reported that he’s leaving the Fox series to clear up scheduling conflicts between it and 'Suicide Squad,' in which he’s being considered for the role of Deathstroke."

------------------

Details About BATMAN's Role In SUICIDE SQUAD; He's The Boogeyman Everyone Fears

---------------------

According to Mayimbe's sources, prior to the events of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Dark Knight is considered a sort of urban legend, a sort of boogeyman that criminals fear and that the government absolutely despises. Additionally, up to that point, the Joker is actually the only person to have ever come face-to-face and/or met with the Caped Crusader for an extended period of time, possibly due to him murdering one of Batman's sidekicks, which makes the Clown Prince a vital asset for Viola Davis' Amanda Waller.

Due to his propensity to live in the shadows, Batman has managed to become a priority target for Amanda Waller and sometime during Suicide Squad, her team will be seen watching footage of the Bat in action. Mayimbe also teases a bit of dialogue that reveals that Waller sees him as the key to tracking down all "the supers." This would mean that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and possibly others will presumably become known to the public after Batman v. Superman.

---------------------

Jai Courtney Talks SUICIDE SQUAD And His Aussie Accent For 'Captain Boomerang'

----------------

Talking to Variety at the premiere of The Divergent Series: Insurgent, the Jack Reacher star had this to say about preparing for the role of Captain Boomerang. "I’ve been training for three months in different martial arts," he revealed. "As you can imagine for that superhero world, the athletic expectations are rather high." He (obviously) wouldn't reveal any plot details, but had nothing but good things to say about his A-List co-stars. "I’m working with a great cast. It’s a wonderful group and I’m really pumped to be working among them. I play an Aussie, which is going to be really fun!" That's Courtney's native accent and confirmation that this version of the character won't be American-ised like his small screen counterpart. Praising the "visual talent" of Fury director David Ayer, he added: "It’s going to be a huge action film, very visual, but grounded in the characters."

----------------