• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I only watch them on Blu-ray now.

Civil War next.

So, a long way behind, all the time.

x2

I will go see movies I think are worth it, for instance went out to see Deadpool.

That was the last superhero movie I went out to.

Waiting for friends to lend me Apocalypse and Civil War when they get them. Not sure if I will even bother with SS since BvS sucked so bad

Flag certainly created his own obvious weakness when he fell for Enchantress' alter ego (I forget her name). While this connection did provide the motivation for him to lead the Squad, I'm not sure his relationship with Enchantress ever compromised the mission in any serious way. When Enchantress showed up unexpectedly and left to revive her brother, I believe he reported it her brief absence to Amanda. He wasn't hiding anything. I think he hesitated to kill her at the end, but she still died moments later, making it a moot point. He seemed to be a good soldier with a soft spot for a woman. I don't remember him looking like the bad guy during the movie, though it's entirely possible I missed something. Care to elaborate as to when he looked like the bad guy?

And you're right...Diablo had some heroic acts, but he was still an gang boss who has hurt/killed many people. Similar to Darth Vader taking countless lives but making one heroic decision. Does it make him a hero? Probably not. But Diablo and Deadshot were my favorites on the Squad.

And Donatello. ;)

When the character was introduced, he was touted as the perfect all round tough guy hero. The -script was quick to remove this perfect image by examining his weakness and how that was used to exploit him. This is similar to how they introduced the other members of the squad. The viewer is left with the impression Flag is not much better than the villains, however you can probably attribute this to Waller's monologue. She isn't a nice person, after all ;)

The difference between Flag and the villains is, by the time we see them first meet, we've grown to like the villains. Captain Griggs - probably the real bad guy of the movie - has given them all a hard time and we're fairly sympathetic to their situations.

On top of this, Flag gives Deadshot a hard time. We like Deadshot, so we side against Flag. It's all purposely built into the -script. This situation is resolved when they have their heart to hearts in the bar and the team becomes better integrated.

Also, the fact Flag needed saving at least twice made him look incompetent... and we like our heroes to be competent. I know this was explained later in the movie when they discovered the enemy soldiers were targeting Flag but y'know, too late.

And Michelangelo ;)

Boy, when they predicted 'Don't Breathe' was supposed to do well, I don't think they realized how strong its opening weekend would be.

‘Don’t Breathe’ Now Screaming $26M+ Opening Weekend – Early Sunday Update

Sunday AM: Refresh for updates Sony Screen Gems/Stage 6’s Don’t Breathe is on its way to a $26.1M opening after a fantastic Saturday. Don’t Breathe‘s opening not only gives Screen Gems its best August opener ever following 2010’s Takers ($20.5M), but its the third in a string of profitable Sony summer titles after The Shallows ($17M cost, $85M global B.O.) and Sausage Party ($19M cost, $86M global B.O.) driven by digital marketing. Don’t Breathe‘s opening B.O. haul is over 2X what the film cost (of course rentals account for 50-55%).

Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad is coming in at the high end of its industry projections with $12.1M in second place, and could go $600K higher by the end of today. Running cume through its fourth week is $282.9M.

With Suicide Squad, not bad for a film that was overwhelmed with bad critic reviews.

8gl0vGA.png

:applause:

the movie is making money but i do wonder if it'll pass MOS worldwide numbers.

Hard to tell. The analytic sites have been slow to update International Box Office numbers lately. I wonder if that came from the Deadpool experience where they reported numbers as soon as they were available. But then they would find out by end of week they were off by $1-$2MM.

I want to see that update today, and judge from there how strong the International Box Office is doing.

This movie is really connecting with young women. My daughter has several friends or their older sisters that have seen it 3 times already. Wow.

There are a lot of people in my kids sports circles that will be seeing it this weekend or next weekend now that they are back from vacation. It could set up for an interesting long weekend coming up as people will be back in town that have not seen it yet.

Found a positive about SS:

Most of Leto's Joker scenes were cut. They missed some, but imagine if there was more of him in it?!?! thsuicide.gif

Not necessarily I don't think those 4 remaining countries added more than $50MM to BvS combined.

I'm still putting this at $600MM max.

-J.

It's still behind night at the museum and my big fat greek wedding, for domestic box office take, while playing on far, far more screens (making a lot less per theatre).

Don't see anyway it could make it to $300M, as that would be a further gain of another 33% of its total, or 50% of the front loaded opening.

That's VERY wishful thinking.

:baiting:

WOW!!!! It has a better Revenue Ration than Batman v Superman already.

rPRUoBK.png

XpWv2Fs.png

Remaining box office releases:

Greece: 25 August 2016

Japan: 10 September 2016

and for all who can't stand all box office talk, isn't this better than rehashing what a critical turd this is?

Edited by paperheart