• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Nice. It should top MOS domestically after this weekend.

This film has done great for WB/DC at the box office, and based on what I am seeing, with merchandise for the 12 - 20 something crowd.

Depending on how long the film runs for, I wonder how close it can come to BvS domestic numbers as well? A $1 million Monday is not a bad way to start the week.

It is interesting to see how well SS is doing relative to the Marvel 2nd tier properties. SS passed Winter Soldier a while ago domestically and should have a great shot at topping its worldwide total as well.

Edited by kimik

Suicide Squad is gaining on Man of Steel quite quickly.

:o

WCB6e1Y.png

Remaining box office releases:

Japan: 10 September 2016

i just walked past my local theater and saw two people buying tickets, don't know if this is reflected in the #'s yet.

This film has done great for WB/DC at the box office, and based on what I am seeing, with merchandise for the 12 - 20 something crowd.

its a better movie (or at least more enjoyable than MOS), so I'm glad it will do better.

But before all of this started with DCEU movies, I don't think DC would have expected or wanted Superman to do worse than SS.

Additionally, I think a standalone Harley movie probably would have done just as good and cost less, and could have had Rick Flagg and Deadshot (while he was still a soldier, before he was an assassin, assuming he was ever a soldier) teaming up to stop Harley, who is struggling to control Joker's gang and planning to bust joker out of jail.

The end of the movie could have resulted in the capture of Harley Quinn after releasing the Joker, and Deadshot turning on Rick Flagg, forcing him to go dark and become an assassin. This also would could have led to a Suicide Squad movie AND a 2nd Harley movie.

But I guess that assumes DC would go to the trouble of getting you to care about the characters and their depths and motivations before slamming them together in movies in dark dystopias with terrible editing and choppy plots.

WCB6e1Y.png

i just walked past my local theater and saw two people buying tickets, don't know if this is reflected in the #'s yet.

I don't believe you. You would have added, "...and I ran over, laughed at them, and then ran away to go celebrate."

(:

its a better movie (or at least more enjoyable than MOS), so I'm glad it will do better.

But before all of this started with DCEU movies, I don't think DC would have expected or wanted Superman to do worse than SS.

Additionally, I think a standalone Harley movie probably would have done just as good and cost less, and could have had Rick Flagg and Deadshot (while he was still a soldier, before he was an assassin, assuming he was ever a soldier) teaming up to stop Harley, who is struggling to control Joker's gang and planning to bust joker out of jail.

The end of the movie could have resulted in the capture of Harley Quinn after releasing the Joker, and Deadshot turning on Rick Flagg, forcing him to go dark and become an assassin. This also would could have led to a Suicide Squad movie AND a 2nd Harley movie.

But I guess that assumes DC would go to the trouble of getting you to care about the characters and their depths and motivations before slamming them together in movies in dark dystopias with terrible editing and choppy plots.

I was rewatching BvS the other night. And when it gets to the point Lois and Superman look at one another before he charges off to spear Doomsday, he whispers to her something like, "This is my world...YOU are my world!" You could see the emotion between the two characters.

I actually thought of the many posts noting how there is nothing in this movie that makes you feel for these characters. I found that odd after seeing that scene. And there are so many more scenes like that throughout the Ultimate Cut.

(shrug)

WCB6e1Y.png

I don't believe you. You would have added, "...and I ran over, laughed at them, and then ran away to go celebrate."

(:

i was carrying a picket sign saying: Hell or High Water or go home

WCB6e1Y.png

(:

i was carrying a picket sign saying: Hell or High Water or go home

I picture you more of the End is Nigh type of picket sign carrier

Well, those two tickets paid off. Little old Suicide Squad just jumped to 3.7X on the Revenue Ratio meter.

F7wibd3.png

I7FZGad.png