• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Almost 50 years and we've gone from Batman villains with "GOON" written on a black shirt to "Damaged" on the forehead.

Proof that DC is moving up. :facepalm:

And in seven years we've went from the definitive on-screen definition of the Joker to...this. WB/DC is completely disconnected. They're so concerned with shaking things up and making things different so they can create a buzz in a desperate attempt to catch Marvel that they're swaying very, very far from the source material. Shame.

They`re using the new DC 52 as their source it seems.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

So he will be wearing just one glove all movie?!?!!?

That is fantastic!!!

:facepalm:

Is that what you are assuming based on one promotional image? Do you think he'll be shirtless the whole movie too?

Did you read what kagenish posted?

That is what I was referencing.

Oh no....

No no no no no.

Barf.

And yes, I will give it a chance. But those tats? And the teeth?

It's like he's trying real hard to look "crazy".

At first I didn't like it but Leto is solid and should do it justice. The real issue I have is the "damaged" tattoo since it looks like something Miley Cyrus would get

To quote an article I read about the reveal:

Cynically, it feels like someone who is out of touch tried to come up with something edgy, and this is the result.

I am sure there will still be much to explain but it just seems like someone who had no idea about a character googled "joker" and said... this looks cool why don't we just tattoo all this on him and people will think it is cool to, they have to it's on the google.

What popped up first when I searched "iconic joker image":

lbrm001.jpg

Oh no....

No no no no no.

Barf.

At first I didn't like it but Leto is solid and should do it justice. The real issue I have is the "damaged" tattoo since it looks like something Miley Cyrus would get

The character design has nothing to do with the actor's ability to portray the character.

Oh no....

No no no no no.

Barf.

The character design has nothing to do with the actor's ability to portray the character.

I agree with you on that point, but a majority of people aren't that open minded.

I liked Johnny Depp`s portrayal of Tonto,but most people wouldn't give him a chance because of that bird on his head. Some people couldn`t look past his look for the character.

Tonto-depp.jpg

Right off the bat(pun intended) this new picture of Joker is sending up negative flags.

People like change like Heath Ledger, but this new picture of Joker doesn`t even look like Joker.

Now people see this movie in a negative light before it comes out.

In today`s market with so much superhero competition it`s crucial not to get a negative buzz like this new Joker picture is getting.

Don't like it.

1. Get rid of the tattoo on the forehead and metal teeth.

2. Change the deck of cards tattoo to Jokers not Aces.

3. Change 1 of the smile tattoos to a Harley Quinn related tattoo.

If this is the new Joker, I can't even imagine what Harley Quinn would look like.

I don't know what DC/WB is doing but you can't market this Joker to the general public especially children.

Just now seeing this and my 1st thought was... so Max Cady did rape Juliette Lewis and they had a love-child?

That's all I'm seeing. Max Cady wannabe bs. It's old, not fresh, and already been done much better by Robert De Niro. The only thing shocking is how stale it seems.

I take that back. It's a bit shocking what's been removed. The 'Clown' motif that was Joker from day-1 all the way up through Ledger. Gone. Nothing clownish about this fool. No more "Clown Prince of Crime". Been replaced with "Methhead in Makeup", complete with bad teeth and face tat.

Yawn.

692-cabo.jpg

First thing I thought of was Jim Carrey's Riddler. That's not a good thing.

It looks like they are going for a completely psychopathic look. To me as someone else said it looks like something a groupie would do and the tattoos are just extremely tacky. The forehead one is just over the top.