• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Almost 50 years and we've gone from Batman villains with "GOON" written on a black shirt to "Damaged" on the forehead.

Proof that DC is moving up. :facepalm:

And in seven years we've went from the definitive on-screen definition of the Joker to...this. WB/DC is completely disconnected. They're so concerned with shaking things up and making things different so they can create a buzz in a desperate attempt to catch Marvel that they're swaying very, very far from the source material. Shame.

I actually like it except for the tattoo on the forehead. But this may just be a promo image. I was hoping for something different and as long as the core character is there, I'm good with this.
that's the only thing that bug me was the face tattoos.

i don't have a problem with his tattoos or his teeth. his not going to be shirtless in the movie all the time i do give them credit for the fact they though how he would look like with out a shirt. has for the teeth they can be replace teeth, i think about it if batman has stainless steel knuckles then yeah i can see him losses some teeth in the a fight wiht batman.

Not sure how I feel about this

My initial reaction is negative

Looks like they are going to go just "flipping crazy Joker mode." With Ledgers' Joker you got the "genius madman"... Crazy but somewhat sophisticated. This guy looks straight nutball.

Doesn't matter... We're all going to watch it lol

#hollywoodwins

The metal teeth are fine, and in fact fit perfectly. Someone like him would be loosing many teeth in both fights with Batman and prison beatings (in which he would just take it and be laughing all the while). Actually one of the things that bugged me about comics through the years, everyone is getting their teeth knocked out yet are walking around with perfect pearly whites in every panel :)

those tattoos on the other hand...tattoos are fine, but those tats look like something some one trying to replicate / pay tribute to the joker would get (like a fanboy or lackey/goon).

I do however understand the direction. Each cinematic Joker took great care to distance themselves, personality wise, from the previous version, and this looks to do that perfectly thus far. i'm optimistic about it.

Edited by Sauce Dog