• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Tom Hardy Talks SUICIDE SQUAD Departure And Teases 'The Joker'/'Harley Quinn' Dynamic

"Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the -script is really [frick]ing alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s [frick]ing alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans."

ScreenHunter_265%2BFeb.%2B20%2B12.57.jpg

By Crom, let me go toss straw in the pens.......

It has more good buzz than Suicide Squad.

Have you been on some of the other major boards, especially non-comic book boards?

Suicide Squad is getting destroyed with ridicule.

People are having fun with it.

So I`m not the only one who sees a mediocre movie ahead with this.

:gossip:

If I loaded up with Legends and Suicide Squad keys I would be dumping them fast.

;)

My son is in college. He says on campus that Suicide Squad is being discussed with much anticipation. So I'm not seeing a mediocre movie at all. As for keys. There are keys and there are keys. Legends 1 & 3? Yeah, maybe some unwarranted hype. Time will tell. Brave and the Bold 25?? THAT book has been overlooked for decades. Came out before the first JLA.

I have a funny feeling people are going to take bath on them, and that`s were the hates coming from. :o

People loaded up on the Suicide Squad keys expecting Suicide Squad to be another Guardians of Galaxy.

If I am wrong I will be the first one on here saying it was a good or great Suicide Squad movie, but from what I seen so far I am not impressed.

(:

CEH6ayCWAAAxpkB.jpg

:)

Maybe Suicide Squad should be thought of as a campy comedy?

hm

If we think of it as a campy comedy like Batman Adam West 1966 than my perception might change.

Campy is a good word

I love the actress playing Harley Quinn, but I don't love her in this role. I think they should have went with someone less established. I can't see her doing HQ in my mind yet, but then again Ben is Batman so (shrug)

I have a funny feeling people are going to take bath on them, and that`s were the hates coming from. :o

People loaded up on the Suicide Squad keys expecting Suicide Squad to be another Guardians of Galaxy.

If I am wrong I will be the first one on here saying it was a good or great Suicide Squad movie, but from what I seen so far I am not impressed.

(:

And people that bought at the highs with the GotG "keys" didn't get burned when they pulled back? Anyone buying at the top will get burned in the short run. lol

In any case, most people I know thought that a talking raccoon and walking plant would bomb on the big screen. It didn't. I am not concerned until the film is actually ready for release.

Tom Hardy Talks SUICIDE SQUAD Departure And Teases 'The Joker'/'Harley Quinn' Dynamic

"Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the -script is really [frick]ing alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s [frick]ing alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans."

What language is he speaking?

CEH6ayCWAAAxpkB.jpg

hm

If we think of it as a campy comedy like Batman Adam West 1966 than my perception might change.

Campy is a good word

I love the actress playing Harley Quinn, but I don't love her in this role. I think they should have went with someone less established. I can't see her doing HQ in my mind yet, but then again Ben is Batman so (shrug)

I just refer back to all the people who hated the 1st pics of Ledger's Joker.

I think they will hit a home run and she will steal the movie. Id like to hear her talk before

I would give it a 100% nod, but she already has the sex appeal down. If she can be funny its a home run.

CEH6ayCWAAAxpkB.jpg

hm

Campy is a good word

I just refer back to all the people who hated the 1st pics of Ledger's Joker.

I think they will hit a home run and she will steal the movie. Id like to hear her talk before

I would give it a 100% nod, but she already has the sex appeal down. If she can be funny its a home run.

Actually now that I perceive it to be a campy comedy. I am now on board the Suicide Squad rally!

Can`t wait for the Joker and Harley Quinn performances!

I`m sure they will entertain me.

:banana:

Actually now that I perceive it to be a campy comedy. I am now on board the Suicide Squad rally!

Can`t wait for the Joker and Harley Quinn performances!

I`m sure they will entertain me.

:banana:

doh!

Release Date for Suicide Squad: August 5, 2016

Damn.

I don`t want to be talking about this for over a year. :o

I`m staying out this thread for a few months.

Have fun.

:foryou:

Looks like someone is trying to copy GOTG with the release date hm

Release Date for Suicide Squad: August 5, 2016

Damn.

I don`t want to be talking about this for over a year. :o

I`m staying out this thread for a few months.

Have fun.

:foryou:

Yep, time to jump into some of the threads on those 2020 releases instead. lol

Have you been on some of the other major boards, especially non-comic book boards?

If I loaded up with Legends and Suicide Squad keys I would be dumping them fast.

;)

My son is in college. He says on campus that Suicide Squad is being discussed with much anticipation. So I'm not seeing a mediocre movie at all. As for keys. There are keys and there are keys. Legends 1 & 3? Yeah, maybe some unwarranted hype. Time will tell. Brave and the Bold 25?? THAT book has been overlooked for decades. Came out before the first JLA.

(:

The buzz on college is based much on the a few of the actors - Jared Leto being at the top. Leto turns down a lot of roles and he has a serious following as a true overall artist. Will Smith brings serious established Hollywood start power.

It's hard to imagine a flop. But this is DC. I don't see B&B 25 being high risk either. This is a SA key from 1959 by one of the two top publishers. Suicide Squad has enjoyed a few decent runs. IMO the book was way too cheap.

;)

(:

The buzz on college is based much on the a few of the actors - Jared Leto being at the top. Leto turns down a lot of roles and he has a serious following as a true overall artist. Will Smith brings serious established Hollywood start power.

It's hard to imagine a flop. But this is DC. I don't see B&B 25 being high risk either. This is a SA key from 1959 by one of the two top publishers. Suicide Squad has enjoyed a few decent runs. IMO the book was way too cheap.

Other than the words "Suicide Squad" on the cover, B&B 25 has nothing to do with this movie.

-J.

;)

(:

Other than the words "Suicide Squad" on the cover, B&B 25 has nothing to do with this movie.

-J.

Yep. I don't think there is a single character from that version that is in this film. If there is a book likely to take a hit, along with the others, it'll be this one. It may not fall as far, if it deserved a bump, but with much of this increase tied to the film it can't sustain this value if the speculators jump ship.