• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

No matter how many pics you post the costume isn't getting any better...

Better people should just complain on and on repeatedly before any real footage shows up?

No matter how many pics you post the costume isn't getting any better...

Better people should just complain on and on repeatedly before any real footage shows up?

That wasn't a shot at you, just at the costume. I think folks will be complaining about this one plenty, as the last several pages show. DC dug themselves a hole with these photo releases, and any footage will have to be pretty spectacular to dig back out of it.

I thought Robbie was a great choice for Harley, but then I assumed that they'd actually put her in something resembling Harley's costume. If they wanted to go this way, then why haven't the comics been heading in this direction? Marvel has been working to move character designs towards those of the MCU. It's an odd choice to take this much of a departure from her very popular look. I'm not saying she needs the red and black jumpsuit, but did they need to go pink and blue? And if she goes with red and black earlier/later why not show that version so as not to needlessly rile the haters?

If they went with the Assault On Arkham version of Harley, she had that 'close to the original' look about her.

NiuP5a4.jpg

But it appears they wanted to go with the New 52 look.

22249647.jpg

Maybe somewhere in the movie they will go full 'Harley' with the hair and costume.

pzU87LG.jpg

22249647.jpg

Maybe somewhere in the movie they will go full 'Harley' with the hair and costume.

Other that the pig tails, I'm not seeing any other similarities there. It may just be me.

pzU87LG.jpg

22249647.jpg

Other that the pig tails, I'm not seeing any other similarities there. It may just be me.

I'd do her,as long as she keeps on the costume. :headbang:

I wonder if they will play up the friction between Deadshot and Captain Boomerang like was show in Assault on Arkham.

No one ever liked Captain Boomerang. He had a big mouth, and he was always looking for a way to bail on a fight, often leaving teammates behind.

Are there trades of the Ostrander run out there? I hope people read up and make an informed opinion about the movie, especially Deadshot.

Is there too much focus on her? What does that say about the film? Harley and the Suicide Squad?

I admittedly have a relatively uninformed opinion here, but would anyone make or see a Suicide Squad without Harley? The mainstream has never heard of this team or any of the members, and she will be a key draw for casual/non comic fans. To put it another way, what percentage of cosplay do you think is Harley, and what percent is any of these other characters?

ScreenHunter_265%2BFeb.%2B20%2B12.57.jpg

By Crom, let me go toss straw in the pens.......

It has more good buzz than Suicide Squad.

Have you been on some of the other major boards, especially non-comic book boards?

Suicide Squad is getting destroyed with ridicule.

People are having fun with it.

So I`m not the only one who sees a mediocre movie ahead with this.

:gossip:

If I loaded up with Legends and Suicide Squad keys I would be dumping them fast.

;)

My son is in college. He says on campus that Suicide Squad is being discussed with much anticipation. So I'm not seeing a mediocre movie at all. As for keys. There are keys and there are keys. Legends 1 & 3? Yeah, maybe some unwarranted hype. Time will tell. Brave and the Bold 25?? THAT book has been overlooked for decades. Came out before the first JLA.

I have a funny feeling people are going to take bath on them, and that`s were the hates coming from. :o

People loaded up on the Suicide Squad keys expecting Suicide Squad to be another Guardians of Galaxy.

If I am wrong I will be the first one on here saying it was a good or great Suicide Squad movie, but from what I seen so far I am not impressed.

(:

The buzz on college is based much on the a few of the actors - Jared Leto being at the top. Leto turns down a lot of roles and he has a serious following as a true overall artist. Will Smith brings serious established Hollywood start power.

It's hard to imagine a flop. But this is DC. I don't see B&B 25 being high risk either. This is a SA key from 1959 by one of the two top publishers. Suicide Squad has enjoyed a few decent runs. IMO the book was way too cheap.

Other than the words "Suicide Squad" on the cover, B&B 25 has nothing to do with this movie.

-J.

Yep. I don't think there is a single character from that version that is in this film. If there is a book likely to take a hit, along with the others, it'll be this one. It may not fall as far, if it deserved a bump, but with much of this increase tied to the film it can't sustain this value if the speculators jump ship.

One could say the exact same thing about Marvel Super-Heroes 18 and the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

ScreenHunter_265%2BFeb.%2B20%2B12.57.jpg

By Crom, let me go toss straw in the pens.......

It has more good buzz than Suicide Squad.

Have you been on some of the other major boards, especially non-comic book boards?

Suicide Squad is getting destroyed with ridicule.

People are having fun with it.

So I`m not the only one who sees a mediocre movie ahead with this.

:gossip:

If I loaded up with Legends and Suicide Squad keys I would be dumping them fast.

;)

My son is in college. He says on campus that Suicide Squad is being discussed with much anticipation. So I'm not seeing a mediocre movie at all. As for keys. There are keys and there are keys. Legends 1 & 3? Yeah, maybe some unwarranted hype. Time will tell. Brave and the Bold 25?? THAT book has been overlooked for decades. Came out before the first JLA.

I have a funny feeling people are going to take bath on them, and that`s were the hates coming from. :o

People loaded up on the Suicide Squad keys expecting Suicide Squad to be another Guardians of Galaxy.

If I am wrong I will be the first one on here saying it was a good or great Suicide Squad movie, but from what I seen so far I am not impressed.

(:

The buzz on college is based much on the a few of the actors - Jared Leto being at the top. Leto turns down a lot of roles and he has a serious following as a true overall artist. Will Smith brings serious established Hollywood start power.

It's hard to imagine a flop. But this is DC. I don't see B&B 25 being high risk either. This is a SA key from 1959 by one of the two top publishers. Suicide Squad has enjoyed a few decent runs. IMO the book was way too cheap.

Other than the words "Suicide Squad" on the cover, B&B 25 has nothing to do with this movie.

-J.

Yep. I don't think there is a single character from that version that is in this film. If there is a book likely to take a hit, along with the others, it'll be this one. It may not fall as far, if it deserved a bump, but with much of this increase tied to the film it can't sustain this value if the speculators jump ship.

One could say the exact same thing about Marvel Super-Heroes 18 and the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Indeed you could. MSH #18 is substantially more common than the B&B is though, but that's about the only difference.

Indeed you could. MSH #18 is substantially more common than the B&B is though, but that's about the only difference.

Well, that, and actually having a character in the movie. :baiting:

One, and from what I've heard (never read any Guardians books so I don't know for sure) Yondu isn't anything like his MSH character.

Bruce Timm On Harley Quinn's SUICIDE SQUAD Costume

"It's interesting," said Bruce Timm. "It's weird. Myself -- being somebody who's taken characters that pre-exist and putting my own spin on them in my own little universe -- I'm very aware of how when a character that I necessarily created shows up in other media that they have to adapt it and do different things with it than I would do. So I'm very open to it to see what they're going to do. I'm actually really excited. I just today, just before the show started, saw the first image of Harley Quinn from the 'Suicide Squad' movie, and I thought 'Woah. She looks actually pretty cute!' I was actually kind of worried I thought ‘Oh, she's going to look really, really bizarre and skanky' but nah, she's not too bad. So I'm often mistaken."

:gossip: Rick Flag

I thought I read that his first appearance is in something like Weird War Tales #93 (again, never read any of these books so I haven't paid much attention).

:gossip: Rick Flag

Oh, is it not Jr. in the movie?

One, and from what I've heard (never read any Guardians books so I don't know for sure) Yondu isn't anything like his MSH character.

Neither was Star-Lord. Same can be said about many characters in the MCU anyway.

Edited by Chris_Skeleton