• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

The full Bruce Timm interview.

Bruce Timm Reacts To Suicide Squad's Live-Action Harley Quinn

Did you see the new Suicide Squad pic? Did you like it?

I just saw the pic like a couple hours ago. It was interesting. I was frankly a little nervous about what Harley would look like, but I thought she looked really cool. So I’m optimistic, we see.

You were one of the first people to bring Harley Quinn to center stage, especially her psyche. What are the most important elements to Harley Quinn?

It’s funny, because she started off as just like a one joke idea and she’s gained all these different dimensions from all the stories we did, and the stuff that happens in the comics. I think bottom line the most important thing about her is that she’s funny. One way or the other regardless of what her backstory is, or whether she’s in an abusive relationship with the Joker, or if she’s off on her own, or hanging out with Poison Ivy, or whether she’s a villain or a hero. I think bottomline her stories always have to be fun, if not flat out hilarious (but that would be even better). That’s one of the things I like about the current comic. They understand that, they’re not treating her as another angsty bizarre superhero type character. She’s really weird and funny and kind of chaotic.

And you liked her in Suicide Squad?

I just saw the one shot of her in the group shot. So far so good.

Indeed you could. MSH #18 is substantially more common than the B&B is though, but that's about the only difference.

Well, that, and actually having a character in the movie. :baiting:

:gossip: Rick Flag

...and much like Yondu, nobody cares about Rick Flag either, nor is speculating on B&B 25 because of him. They're speculating on the book (just like they did with MSH 18) because of a title. Which is nuts and not sustainable. lol

-J.

Indeed you could. MSH #18 is substantially more common than the B&B is though, but that's about the only difference.

Well, that, and actually having a character in the movie. :baiting:

:gossip: Rick Flag

...and much like Yondu, nobody cares about Rick Flag either, nor is speculating on B&B 25 because of him. They're speculating on the book (just like they did with MSH 18) because of a title. Which is nuts and not sustainable. lol

-J.

Agreed 100%, just wanted the information to be accurate. Watching that book crash is going to be epic. I am just glad the movie brought copies to market so I can pick one up when the hype dies.

Bruce Timm On Harley Quinn's SUICIDE SQUAD Costume

"It's interesting," said Bruce Timm. "It's weird. Myself -- being somebody who's taken characters that pre-exist and putting my own spin on them in my own little universe -- I'm very aware of how when a character that I necessarily created shows up in other media that they have to adapt it and do different things with it than I would do. So I'm very open to it to see what they're going to do. I'm actually really excited. I just today, just before the show started, saw the first image of Harley Quinn from the 'Suicide Squad' movie, and I thought 'Woah. She looks actually pretty cute!' I was actually kind of worried I thought ‘Oh, she's going to look really, really bizarre and skanky' but nah, she's not too bad. So I'm often mistaken."

Wow, I thought she looked incredibly skanky, maybe I'm off base here.

David Ayer Talks 'Suicide Squad'

The director finally took some time to address a few things, including what type of story he's looking to create.

"I'm all about real drama, real performance, and real people, so my twist on this is I'm creating a family. I’m creating a brotherhood here. I'm creating a very real chemistry and I have this incredible ensemble of actors led by Will Smith, who are basically playing dimensional characters with lives and souls."

Ayer has a knack for bringing out real performances and drama. And he's right to say that, "when you feel the performance come through, and the chemistry come through, that can't be beat." But the Suicide Squad are still comic book characters, not LA cops or Army men fighting during WWII. So it's up to fans to decide just how "real" these situations will be.

I'm looking forward to the early teaser videos.

Uhhhh-ohhhhh.
Tabloids round 2 w/ candids? Enquiring minds want to know. :insane::devil:

Sorry, I missed this.

In the animated movie 'Assault on Arkham' which is a good warmup to this live moving, Deadshot and Harley have a spur-of-the-moment fling which at the end of their romantic experience she yells 'YAHTZEE!'

That photo hints at some of the same may be coming in this movie the way they are looking at one another.

Uhhhh-ohhhhh.
Tabloids round 2 w/ candids? Enquiring minds want to know. :insane::devil:

Sorry, I missed this.

In the animated movie 'Assault on Arkham' which is a good warmup to this live moving, Deadshot and Harley have a spur-of-the-moment fling which at the end of their romantic experience she yells 'YAHTZEE!'

That photo hints at some of the same may be coming in this movie the way they are looking at one another.

Actually I was just :baiting: about Smith and Robbie kicking up another storm ala 2013's Focus movie, round 2 for Jada and tabloids. :D

Will-Smith-Is-Cheating-on-Jada-with-Margot-Robbie-23-Claims-Tab.jpg