• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Why did they not stick with the same actress from Arrow in Suicide Squad? She definitely can deliver.

The penultimate episode of Arrow saw Rila Fukushima (The Wolverine) suit up as Katana to head into battle against the League of Assassins. That led to an awesome sequence which the Suicide Squad version will need to do a lot to beat!

To each their own. I think she is a knockout. You can have the Kim Kardashian butts.

:sumo:

Yea, but she's got no boobs either. She's got a great face and is in TERRIFIC shape. Average body other than the conditioning. Really great face though with a nice devilish smile like Harley should have.

+1

Agreed.

-J.

Now that is a nice touch.

UOFigES.png

New photos have surfaced from the set of David Ayer's Suicide Squad movie and they reveal the director has inserted an easter egg to show respect to the father of the modern day Suicide Squad. A building being used in the film has been named after John Ostrander.

Suicide Squad was first introduced in 1959's The Brave and the Bold #25, but the modern day version we know and love didn't take shape until comic book writer John Ostrander revived it in 1987's Legends #3. Ostrander was the primary writer on the series from the late '80s until the early '90s. During his run, he established Amanda Waller's secret task force that sent out lower tier DC villains on suicide missions. If they survived they would have their sentences reduced. Ostrander modeled the series after the classic 1967 World War II film The Dirty Dozen. In 2007, he returned to the property with an 8-issue miniseries.

CEH6ayCWAAAxpkB.jpg

:)

Maybe Suicide Squad should be thought of as a campy comedy?

hm

If we think of it as a campy comedy like Batman Adam West 1966 than my perception might change.

Campy is a good word

I love the actress playing Harley Quinn, but I don't love her in this role. I think they should have went with someone less established. I can't see her doing HQ in my mind yet, but then again Ben is Batman so (shrug)

It's a great choice. People were freaking out when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman, people saying "OMG, Mr. Mom is Batman???? Same thing when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, people were saying "Why him??? Nolan said "Cause he's fearless"

you guys are overthinking this...

tumblr_mz51zrEktF1spk3foo7_250.gif

That's what comic guys do.

The opposite is true--comic guys are FAR more likely to just see "thin + gorgeous face = HOT." Non-comic guys tend to look for more assets than a pretty face. Your own sig line used to be bedazzled with girls who won the genetic lottery from head to toe. :cloud9:

Serious question: Who is the target audience for Suicide Squad? In a 'general audience' sense? Who are they going after? (shrug)

Looking at the stills and fan art it feels like "for hard core comic fans only who already know these characters". But that can't be right if they're expecting a 'blockbuster'.

Is it for Will Smith fans? Does he connect with 15 to 18yo audiences? I'm just trying to wrap my head around who would go see Suicide Squad, beyond the comic and cosplay crowd. Who is the film aimed at? At 1st-rumor I thought they'd be going after the GotG viewers with a quirky-but-charming-outlaw-team audiences could cheer for. But I'm not getting that vibe, at all. (shrug)

The opposite is true--comic guys are FAR more likely to just see "thin + gorgeous face = HOT." Non-comic guys tend to look for more assets than a pretty face. Your own sig line used to be bedazzled with girls who won the genetic lottery from head to toe. :cloud9:

As I said before to each their own. I find Margo Robbie is gorgeous.

As I said before to each their own. I find Margo Robbie is gorgeous.

That's because she IS gorgeous. She's just not a total package like a Kelly Brook.

Serious question: Who is the target audience for Suicide Squad? In a 'general audience' sense? Who are they going after? (shrug)

Looking at the stills and fan art it feels like "for hard core comic fans only who already know these characters". But that can't be right if they're expecting a 'blockbuster'.

Is it for Will Smith fans? Does he connect with 15 to 18yo audiences? I'm just trying to wrap my head around who would go see Suicide Squad, beyond the comic and cosplay crowd. Who is the film aimed at? At 1st-rumor I thought they'd be going after the GotG viewers with a quirky-but-charming-outlaw-team audiences could cheer for. But I'm not getting that vibe, at all. (shrug)

Take a deep breathe. Exhale. Feel better? lol

Take a deep breathe. Exhale. Feel better? lol

What? It's just curiosity. I'm a lifelong DC Comics fan, older, and perfectly fine with not connecting with some of their movies. I'm happy with DC animated offerings. I'm just wondering who it is aimed at.

The actors seem too old to be aimed at kids, and the characters too childish to be aimed at adults. So I don't know. Gamers, maybe? ???