• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Reynolds was not the failure in Green Lantern.

It was the -script -- Hal Jordan is cocky and confident, not a comedian -- the -script had Reynolds play Jordan a la Van Wilder or Guy Gardner.

Reynolds was a big part of it, and if you read what I wrote, its the same "team" that casts reynolds, that produces that -script, not an accident, by-products of the same poor vision.

hm So what movie makes more money...Deadpool or Suicide Squad?
Assuming both flicks are R rated upon release Deadpool makes slightly more money then SS.

Reynolds was not the failure in Green Lantern.

It was the -script -- Hal Jordan is cocky and confident, not a comedian -- the -script had Reynolds play Jordan a la Van Wilder or Guy Gardner.

And then there was the of turning Galactus into a cloud and the ridiculous special effects on Hector Hammond.

100% -script issues.

By comparison, I've loved what I've seen of Reynolds as Deadpool (both in Wolverine: Origins -- "Okay...People are dead!"-- and the test footage & viral marketing campaign for the solo movie so far).

And to be fair -- what the writers did to Deadpool at the end of Wolverine was far worse, to me, than what they did to Mandarin in Iron Man 3.

Galactus was in Green Lantern?

Focus

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $53,862,963 35.0%

+ Foreign: $100,100,000 65.0%

= Worldwide: $153,962,963

Why am I bringing up Focus the movie?

It stars Will Smith and Margot Robbie.

Yep. They did $53,862,963 domestic at this years box office for Focus.

So if anybody is thinking that these two still have big drawing power I be suspect on that thought.

I loved me some Mia Sara Harley back in the day (i.e., Birds of Prey).

So deliciously evil. The show would probably do far better today in this post-Heroes, Agents of Shield, Arrow, and The Flash world.

BoP_Harley_zpsstdoauky.jpg

I'm really dissapointed in the Harley Quinn costume. It looks like she is a wierd, cracked out hooker.

Maybe you should expand your horizons!

Some of us like that :baiting:

I'd have rather seen this:

3659601-8738786166-picci.jpg

Or this:

Harley_Quinn_arkham_city.jpg

And would have been fine with this:

harley_quinn_and_joker_po_by_phoenix8341-d5qme8w.jpg

And seeing her in any of those costumes would have pulled millions:

The_Wolf_Of_Wall_Street_review.jpg

What we are getting doesn't intrigue me at all... :sorry:

Focus

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $53,862,963 35.0%

+ Foreign: $100,100,000 65.0%

= Worldwide: $153,962,963

Why am I bringing up Focus the movie?

It stars Will Smith and Margot Robbie.

Yep. They did $53,862,963 domestic at this years box office for Focus.

So if anybody is thinking that these two still have big drawing power I be suspect on that thought.

that movie had a lot of problem going for it, and on top of that Will Smith is not the box office hit he once was. has for Margot Robbie i think that was her 2nd or 3rd movie in threaters. i think what matters the most is if the story is great and is directed great then everything else well be alright and wont matter has much.

I'm really dissapointed in the Harley Quinn costume. It looks like she is a wierd, cracked out hooker.

That's what I'm saying!!! :D

Scott Eastwood Talks SUICIDE SQUAD And Seeing Jared Leto As 'The Joker' For the First Time

"David Ayer is doing something the world will be really surprised about," said Eastwood of his director. "We're a lot of our own stunts... really physical, and David is a very physical filmmaker. He wants everyone doing their own stuff, and he doesn't hire guys who are not willing to do that." About sustaining some bumps and bruises from doing his stunts, Scott Eastwood said, "I think active guys are always living with injuries. You're always dealing with an injury. That's part of it. It's like sports. There's always something."

Scott Eastwood was then asked what was it like to meet Jared Leto as the Joker for the time. "I think I was sort of afraid to approach him because I didn't want to mess with his thing going on," he said of his Oscar-winning Suicide Squad co-star. "But I knew him before. I met him before he was The Joker. I just met him as Jared Leto. So I didn't know if I wanted to mess up his thing."

I'd have rather seen this:

3659601-8738786166-picci.jpg

So instead of her looking like a weird, cracked-out hooker, you'd rather see her looking like a weird, cracked-out hooker. hm I think I'm confused. :insane:

So deliciously evil. The show would probably do far better today in this post-Heroes, Agents of Shield, Arrow, and The Flash world.

That looks absolutely nothing like Harley.

That looks absolutely nothing like Harley.

And why does she have a mouth on her chest?

Don't get me wrong -- Birds of Prey was _not_ a good show.

Her character was great, though -- although it was sort of a pre-Batman Begins storyline where she was was therapist / mob boss Harley Quinzel up until the last episode, when she finally donned a (mask-less) Harley Quinn costume.

Joker was nowhere to be found in the series, save a brief flashback cameo in the first episode.

And I'd wager that Harley as a character has also evolved a bit through the comics over the past 14 years.