• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

It's starting to reek of what I call "Star Trek Syndrome" where all the alien-like creatures are just people with different facial prosthetics or tattoos. Ridiculous.

I think Croc bothers me the most. He's supposed to look like a damn crocodile, dammit.

I hate Harley's costume as well. Dammit.

Edited by Epic Peach

Leto's voice isn't HORRIBLE, but for pete's sake.....tone down the obligatory 'laughing'. We get it, you're the JOKER. A little of that goes a LOOOOOONG way. It's best to have people wanting more than turned off.

I'm convinced that anything new posted on this movie will be met with pure dislike.

nothing they do can please this forum. nothing.

actually I am hoping more is continually posted because it feels like I am seeing the entire film right here in this forum and I will get to save myself a few bucks.

I'm convinced that anything new posted on this movie will be met with pure dislike.

actually I am hoping more is continually posted because it feels like I am seeing the entire film right here in this forum and I will get to save myself a few bucks.

(thumbs u

So you don't think there's anything wrong with anything we've seen, Hec?

I think they're trying WAY too hard, and it shows.

I am trying to keep an open mind and I trust the director.

some of the decisions I disagree with but some of them look good to me.

Overall these movie threads have a horn/halo effect.

The ones people like (Marvel aka Halo) there appears to be nothing wrong with them, and the things that they do are excused.

The ones people dislike (anything not Marvel aka Horn) people are over critical.

I said this before but until I see a trailer (and even then) I'm going to hold judgement. So far I'm excited this movie is even being made.

I am trying to keep an open mind and I trust the director.

some of the decisions I disagree with but some of them look good to me.

Overall these movie threads have a horn/halo effect.

The ones people like (Marvel aka Halo) there appears to be nothing wrong with them, and the things that they do are excused.

The ones people dislike (anything not Marvel aka Horn) people are over critical.

I said this before but until I see a trailer (and even then) I'm going to hold judgement. So far I'm excited this movie is even being made.

A movie cannot be better than the sum of its parts, and let's be honest, so far most of the "parts" we've seen of this have been pretty depressing. That might not be a bad thing though, because with the bar being so low, many people may end up being pleasantly surprised if it ends up sucking less than it looks now.

Marvel just makes better comic book movies than DC, it's a fact. But even they're not bullet proof. People aren't foaming at the mouth to see Ant-man, I think Paul Rudd was a horrific choice for the role (I do like the other casting in it though, especially Michael Douglas as Hank), and Ultron was meh.

I agree with what Comic Connoisseur said earlier, this Suicide Squad movie is a BIG gamble for Warner and can represent a major pivot point for them, one way or the other.

I personally just don't think this particular comic book property with this particular cast and this particular director was the wisest choice to gamble on, because frankly, so far, the movie looks like a mess.

-J.

I think Marvel gets called out for bad movies, it's just there seems to be less chance of that happening. I don't know many that thought Iron Man 2 or 3 were very good/enjoyable flicks. Even the new Avengers movie has had its detractors.

Meanwhile here comes DC/Warner, who other than the Nolan Batman movies, have had zero success. This being their first big ensemble film of course the stakes are high. Fans have every right to be critical about leaks and early info on the film. Right now this movie is looking Green Lanternish.

The only thing that bothers me with this movie is the overshare. It's like they're facebook junkies who need to post/tweet about every little thing in their lives. I don't care how the sausage is made. Just slap it in a bun and serve it.

I still want to see it, though. I may not see it in theaters, but I will certainly see it eventually.

Leto's voice isn't HORRIBLE, but for pete's sake.....tone down the obligatory 'laughing'. We get it, you're the JOKER. A little of that goes a LOOOOOONG way. It's best to have people wanting more than turned off.

Most of the DC incarnations I've seen in comics have been exactly like that, excessive laughing. I was a fan of Nolan's far more subtle take with Ledger.

"Enjoy yourself out there, in the asylum, just don't forget, if it gets too tough, there's always a place for you here!"

:o

i wont buy this until i see a trailer with leto joker talking. these can easly be fake just like the picture of harley given joker tattoos.

5 Reasons Why SUICIDE SQUAD Could Be The Best Comic Book Movie Of 2016

• The Premise
  • The Cast
  • The Characters
  • The Director
  • The Joker*

Easily the most controversial aspect about this movie, many fans are firmly on the fence about Jared Leto’s Clown Prince of Crime. The first still of the character set the internet ablaze, and while it was nice of David Ayer to let us know he’s “damaged”, the villain could have done without a few of the more garish tattoos. It’s a well-known fact that Ayer’s fond of his ink though, so this was always likely to be the case.

Personally, I loved the look. “Damaged” declaration aside, the rest of his appearance is almost exactly as I had hoped. Lean, maniacal and incredibly ripped, Leto’s clearly put a lot of effort into his physical appearance – and it shows. His facial expression alone is the stuff of nightmares, and given his immense talent, it's possible he could deliver one of the best takes on The Joker so far. Heath Ledger's iconic performance will always loom over him, but most fans would be wise to embrace Leto’s portrayal for what it is: a new interpretation of the world's most popular super-villain.

damn_good_stuff_sir.gif

It's almost as if the author (aka snake oil salesman) of that article is deliberately and pointedly trying to turn all of the film's generally accepted and distressing negatives into a positive. Including the fact that BVS and Cap 3 are the much more anticipated films.

Nice try dude. :eyeroll:

-J.

It's almost as if the author (aka snake oil salesman) of that article is deliberately and pointedly trying to turn all of the film's generally accepted and acknowledged negatives into a positive.

Nice try dude.

-J.

I say someone should hunt him down and commence to public flogging. How dare someone appreciate this movie!

:sumo:

:baiting:

But the folks hating on this movie just from the early photos seems to be preemptive dislike.