• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Jai Courtney Talks "Authentic" SUICIDE SQUAD

"[suicide Squad's] really great, man. I’m really excited about it. The vibe on set’s fantastic. We’ve really found a sort of a family atmosphere out there. The cast are fantastic. And I’m working with some wonderful actors and David Ayer’s someone who… I mean, he was the real draw card for me. I hadn’t read a -script at all when I signed on. We’d met on a couple of occasions and we’d spoken. And, to be honest, when he told me that the role of Captain Boomerang was what he was thinking, I kind of cringed. ‘Cause I wasn’t a comic book kid. I wasn’t familiar with the DC universe and the history of that’. So I knew nothing about it. And I was, like, ‘Oh, god, Captain Boomerang…Really?…I really don’t know how Australians will react to this.’ (laughs)

And It’s funny, ‘cause something like that you want to do right. And it’s been interesting finding the balance. But he’s the perfect guy to have on your side, because you look at some of the comic books and some of the old sixties stuff is so hammy, you know, and kind of camp. But, get a guy like David Ayer at the helm of a thing like this and it really gets kind of dark and gritty, and, you know, awesome. And he’s a stickler for authenticity. So I think what we’re going to create is going to be really, really cool."

This seems like the most over-exposed movie ever. I don't really care about all the production pics. Why do we need this? Can't we just watch the movie when it comes out?

This seems like the most over-exposed movie ever. I don't really care about all the production pics. Why do we need this? Can't we just watch the movie when it comes out?
It's WB desperately trying to create "buzz" for this flick.

This seems like the most over-exposed movie ever.

Can't argue there.

This has to be it, and I think anyone paying attention is going to be pretty much over this movie before it is released. I'm already feeling a bit oversaturated.

it's not working

it's not working

+1

I was actually interested in seeing this movie, until they started leaking production pics. I actually have now no desire to see this, unless it pops up on HBO.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

it's not working

+1

I was actually interested in seeing this movie, until they started leaking production pics. I actually have now no desire to see this, unless it pops up on HBO.

What good does Buzz do them now? ??? The damn thing doesn't come out until after 'Batman v Superman'. So what, more than a year away still?

Maybe it's a social media tactic to get 'followers' invested by seeing 'their friends' do the sausage-making? So when the movie rolls around it's like going to see those 'friends'? (shrug) (Or it's DC's lack of faith leaking through and they're throwing everything they can out there, saying prayers and crossing fingers an audience shows up?)

Whatever it is, yeah, they're overplaying it.

I like the idea of suicide squad. But I think it would be better if they waited until they had some villains who appeared in other films to have some recognition. Like if marvel did one with the Abomination, Loki, Crossbones, etc.

Did they have to release the logo so early? That killed it for me now.

Couldn't they just let me assume it would state 'SUICIDE SQUAD' with pretty colors, and surprise me later?

Superhero movies are going down.

:ohnoez:

:insane:

Okay I'm saying it now, this movie bombs big or at the very least 'Does not meet B.O. expectations'.
i think B.O. expectations are not going to be high, i think the opening weekend is going to be between $38 million to $60 million. i do think they movie is going to pass $300 million worldwide since it's coming off BvS whic would most likely help it.

Okay I'm saying it now, this movie bombs big or at the very least 'Does not meet B.O. expectations'.
i think B.O. expectations are not going to be high, i think the opening weekend is going to be between $38 million to $60 million. i do think they movie is going to pass $300 million worldwide since it's coming off BvS whic would most likely help it.
That's very optimistic. lol I see a opening weekend of $18 to 30 million tops. Worldwide I see $160-200 million.

That's very optimistic. lol I see a opening weekend of $18 to 30 million tops. Worldwide I see $160-200 million.

Thank goodness you are not in a forecasting role.

:baiting: