• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

There hasn't been a movie with this much fake studio manufactured "buzz" this far in advance of a movie being made, let alone coming out since .....Batman vs. Superman. :tonofbricks:

Now we're already having to hear about possible sequels and spin-offs from the still untested and heavily re-worked original product, that are barely even a glimmer in anyone's eye.

I wish someone would put as much time and effort into the finished product as they do into the relentless marketing.

-J.

There hasn't been a movie with this much fake studio manufactured "buzz" this far in advance of a movie being made, let alone coming out since ....Civil War, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3......... :tonofbricks:

Now we're already having to hear about possible sequels and spin-offs from the still untested and heavily re-worked original product, that are barely even a glimmer in anyone's eye.

I wish someone would put as much time and effort into the finished product as they do into the relentless marketing.

-J.

Fixed that for you. The last three big Marvel movies were horribly underwhelming as well despite all the studio manufactured buzz.

Edited by kimik

The best movie/story DC could throw out there would be Madlove. We now have a Harley and a Joker.

...except for the fact that that's NOT Harley and that's NOT The Joker.

That's not the comic/cartoon versions of Harley and Joker, agreed. However, wouldn't they come across as slightly ridiculous in a live action movie? Imagine an adult woman in a Harlequin outfit saying "puddin'" every five minutes. Or a guy dressed in a purple cloth suit with Hamill's trademark laugh. It works just fine in the cartoons. In a live action movie, it probably wouldn't.

New Details On Batman's SUICIDE SQUAD Role Reveal Which Characters The Dark Knight Interacts With

141975.jpg

I'll give you a hint.

he has a scene with Deadshot which is described as being "emotional" as well as a later one with the bad guy played by Will Smith, but that will be a flashback (likely detailing his origin based on the set photos we've seen).

The site goes on to add that, "Next is the car scene that we saw in the trailers with Batman, The Joker, and Harley Quinn. Unfortunately there isn’t much interaction between Batman and the Joker here. It’s mostly between Batman and Harley. A report came out last summer that said the Joker’s car plunges into the water, and as we saw in the latest trailer, it does and Batman gets Harley out safely."

New Details On Batman's SUICIDE SQUAD Role Reveal Which Characters The Dark Knight Interacts With

141975.jpg

I'll give you a hint.

he has a scene with Deadshot which is described as being "emotional" as well as a later one with the bad guy played by Will Smith, but that will be a flashback (likely detailing his origin based on the set photos we've seen).

The site goes on to add that, "Next is the car scene that we saw in the trailers with Batman, The Joker, and Harley Quinn. Unfortunately there isn’t much interaction between Batman and the Joker here. It’s mostly between Batman and Harley. A report came out last summer that said the Joker’s car plunges into the water, and as we saw in the latest trailer, it does and Batman gets Harley out safely."

Well, if he had to choose one, I guess he chose wisely...

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. And DC Are Considering Multiple Suicide Squad Spinoffs

So far, all signs point to Suicide Squad being a hit. Early reactions to the film have been overwhelmingly positive, calling it “insane” and “amazing,” and we already know that the studio has ordered up a Harley Quinn spinoff, which is a definite sign that they have confidence in both Ayer’s film and that audiences will resonate with it. But what else are DC and Warner Bros. cooking up in regards to Task Force X? Well, according to our source, they’re actually cooking up quite a lot:

“They’re going to do a sequel for sure, and the recently announced spinoff with Margot Robbie has got everyone excited, too, but their plans don’t end there. The studio is feeling very confident in the property. They think it’s going to be a really big hit and they think audiences are going to fall in love with these characters.

I’ve heard more than a few talks of giving some of the other Task Force X members their own spinoffs, and like the Harley Quinn one, these films would open the door for a ton of new DC characters to show up.

The Joker is a definite possibility for a spinoff, and Jared [Leto] seems up for it from what I’ve been told. They’re also really hot on Jai Courtney’s character Boomerang right now. Nothing’s set in stone yet, but you’re definitely going to be seeing a lot more of these guys in the years to come.”

The women of ‘Suicide Squad’ talk to Entertainment Weekly about their characters

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly features a page dedicated to the women of Suicide Squad.

Margot Robbie on Harley Quinn

“David [Ayer] really wanted her to be strong, badass and nuts — but fun as well. Whenever I would be inclined to play into the comedy or play her more likable, he’d always direct me the other way. He wanted her to be pretty vicious.”

Viola Davis on Amanda Waller

“‘How can I be a badass?’ I had to do it internally. Of course I wore my ‘fro. And I embraced her bio. That was all I had. I didn’t have a cape or a golden lasso.”

Cara Delevingne on June Moone / Enchantress

“David [Ayer] asked me to go into a forest under a full moon and take my clothes off to feel what nature felt like, to feel what it felt like to be an animal. And I did it. It didn’t sound that weird to me.”

Karen Fukuhara on Katana

“She has this samurai spirit, and that’s something I’ve been watching and learning about my whole life. I felt like I knew Katana as soon as I read the comic.”

:whee:

David Ayer Shares A Behind The Scenes Photo Of SUICIDE SQUAD Scoring Session

It may be a holiday weekend, but work on Suicide Squad isn't slowing down, something which is evident from a behind the scenes photo which has been shared on social media by director David Ayer. For those of you wondering, composer Steven Price (The World's End, Gravity) wrote the score for the movie which revolves around Task Force X.

g88sD2C.png

CjkeIcFUgAAY2Ho.jpg