• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

A new image from David Ayer's Suicide Squad has surfaced! It was included in the L.A. Times recent article in which their film editor Marc Bernardin and Hero Complex editor Meredith Woerner, discuss the upcoming summer movie season.

The image features Will Smith's Deadshot and Margot Robbie's Margot Robbie getting lost in each other's eyes, as they take a stroll on one of their dangerous missions.

deadshot-harleyquinn-180190.jpg

If this goes the route of Assault On Arkham, don't be surprised to hear YAHTZEE!

No nudity shown.

Jared Leto dives deep to play The Joker in Suicide Squad

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What were your original thoughts when you were approached about taking on a character that has become so iconic?

JARED LETO: You take a deep breath. There is a responsibility I suppose that you can feel but it’s also incredibly exciting. The work that’s been done on this character by so many people before me has been so impactful, so incredible, so much fun, so profound, so risky, that it’s a very special thing to be asked to take on that responsibility.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So what did you do to create this guy? What did you go and do? Who did this guy become to you?

JARED LETO: He became a real person. I don’t know if person is the right word. I think the Joker lives in between reality and another plane. Kind of a shaman in a way. It’s a very intoxicating role to take on. You have permission to break rules and to challenge yourself and anyone around you in a really unique way.

I first started at the beginning, educating myself, researching, reading as much as I could, going back to the source material. And then at a certain point, I knew I had to stop doing that. Because the Joker has been redefined, reinvented many times before. I think the fun thing about it is when people have done it in the past, there is some spirit of the Joker essence that they keep, but they either build upon something or tear something down and start again at the beginning. For me, I knew once I had gone through the process of educating myself, I had to throw everything away and start from the beginning and really build this from the ground up. It was a transformative process. There was a physical transformation. There was a physical conditioning.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What, specifically, did you do?

JARED LETO: There are a lot of things. It’s probably better to not get into it but to the Joker, violence is a symphony. This is someone who gets an extreme reward from the act of violence and manipulation. Those are the songs he sings and he is very in tune with what makes people tick. I did meet with people that were experts, doctors, psychiatrists that dealt with psychopaths and people who had committed horrendous crimes, and then I spent some time with those people themselves, people who have been institutionalized for great periods of time. I guess when you take on a role, any role, you become part detective, part writer, and for me that’s my favorite time of the entire process, the discovering, the uncovering, and the building of a character. Yeah, it’s really fun.

It sounds like Leto really immersed himself in the role. I wonder what he meant by 'better not to get into it...'.

he probably just murdered a family of four.

New SUICIDE SQUAD Calendar Cover Has The 'Joker' Standing Alongside 'Task Force X'

uSob0J1.png

A new piece of merchandise for David Ayer's Suicide Squad features a new image of Task Force X, and this time they're not alone. The Joker (Jared Leto) is seen standing with the group sporting a not-so-happy look, while Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) seems to be having the time of her life.

Barnes & Noble 2017 Suicide Squad Wall Calendar pre-order

Will Smith on what made him take on the role of Deadshot in Suicide Squad

Once the trailers began to roll in I was pleasantly surprised that Warner Bros. was marketing SUICIDE SQUAD as a genuine ensemble film; Deadshot doesn't seem to any more or any less important than the other members of SUICIDE SQUAD. It should be an interesting role for Smith and, as we've never seen Deadshot on the big-screen before, he's free to create the character as he sees fit, which, as he recently told Coming Soon, was a big part of why he took on the role.

"It’s a character that hasn’t really been explored in cinema, I get to design it and be a part of creating the first round of Deadshot in the history of cinema...It’s a really great opportunity to work with a really great ensemble. It was perfectly cast. It’s an insane group of super actor villains."

SUICIDE SQUAD's Killer Croc ACTOR ON CHARACTER'S BATMAN HISTORY, RESEARCHING THE ANIMATED SERIES

"At the time you meet him in this film, he’s a fully-fledged criminal. He’s really one of the baddest criminals known to be roaming in Gotham, hence his lockup in Arkham. He’s tangled with the Batman and here he is amongst these other foes. He’s very much a formidable force at the time that you meet him."

Akinnuoye-Agbaje also remarked on the practical effects of the character, which he said was a choice on director David Ayer's part to give the character more "soul": "The head and shoulders are prosthetic that were glued onto my face and then the body down was painted. It took about five hours to do, but it was something that was a challenge that I was up for because I wanted to set a new standard for what can be done with prosthetics. We could have easily CGI’d this, but David [Ayer] was insistent on their being an actor to bring out the soul of the character. It gave me an opportunity to show what I could do with prosthetics."

As for his research into the part, Akinnuoye-Agbaje said, "I looked at all of it," He added, "I went back to the young Waylon Jones. The animated series. I had my own take, too. I researched cannibalism. I actually went out and watched real crocodiles, too. We incorporated some of the real life fight techniques that crocodiles do when they kill their prey. The death roll."

Sounds like Akinnuoye-Agbaje is putting a lot into the role.

Nice.

One of my all-time favorite Killer Croc moments is the Batman TAS episode "Almost Got 'Em" where the villains are sitting around playing poker discussing that time they almost beat Batman.

When it comes to Killer Croc's turn, he says "I threw a rock at him once."

Jay Hernandez Discusses Suicide Squad's Place in the Evolution of Super Hero Films

tumblr_o5jlmdVzTW1uvcgjlo6_250.gif

“As a lesser known member of the squad, there wasn’t as much anticipation and there wasn’t people saying, “You’re veering off doctrine". There’s a certain level of freedom that I thought was great.”

"Suicide Squad is the next step. Everything starts somewhere and is going to end somewhere. I think this is that next step in the evolution of super hero movies… [There are] characters from the other movies that have come in onto our project. It’s interesting because, as a filmmaker and as a writer, you have to make it make sense. You have to find some way to infuse characters that aren’t really part of the narrative, but still have it make sense and have it not just be this weird piece where you’re setting up the other movie. It’s fluid and it has to feel right.”

“Everyone kind of discovered who we each were throughout this process,” says Hernandez. “As things would come out about certain individuals — stuff that [David] did not know — would just be so perfectly connected to the character they were playing. How did he know that before he ever heard this story? He’s f–g intuitive. Somehow he sees qualities in people that come from something and he knows how to use that to get at the character he’s trying to put out there.”

"There’s an audience of fans who are wildly excited about it. They’re committed to the process and the making of the film as much as we are. DC fans want this to be a success. That’s powerful, man.”

:wishluck: