• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Margot Robbie Thinks 'Harley Quinn' Is the Best Character In SUICIDE SQUAD

Speaking with Oyster magazine, Robbie revealed that what drew her to the part was simply the fact that there was no character cooler than Quinn.“For the first time, I thought that I had the best character in the movie. I wouldn’t trade my character in Suicide Squad for anyone else’s. The comics are rad. I hadn’t read any growing up, but now I’m obsessed. I read them in my own time. We went to Comic-Con this year and I didn’t get to be in and amongst it because we were shooting, but the energy is insane. People are nuts. I could go as Harley Quinn in the actual costume from the movie, and somebody there would have a better one.”

"I'm not even going to pretend to play it cool. I am dying to see it," she said. "When people are like 'I can't wait to see it.' I'm like 'You've got no idea, I want to see it more than you do!' I think it's going to be so cool, and I just love that there's a chick character who's that badass, and who's actually, like funnier and crazier and stronger than some of the males. I think that rarely happens." Being so closely linked to the Joker, it was important for Robbie to craft a memorable maniacal laugh for the character. Robbie admitted that she struggled while trying to fine-tune the performance, trying to create a laugh that was in-character as opposed to her own. "I have a horrible laugh," she admitted. "I sound like a crow protecting its young. Then you meet those girls who laugh like, 'A-ha-ha-ha!' and you're like, 'F**k you. Let loose. Give us a real laugh.' But my friends would always say, when they would watch one of my movies or whatever, 'I was watching it and I honestly didn't see you. It wasn't you. I was totally in it. And then you laughed and I was like, 'Oh, it's Margot, that's right.' And I was like, 'Shoot, I've really gotta work on that. I've gotta come up with a different laugh for each character because it'll take people out of it for a minute.'"

Margot Robbie talks ‘Suicide Squad’; stuns in Vogue cover shoot

vpPw3Mw.jpg

Margot Robbie on Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad

“She doesn’t even have superpowers. She’s just a psychopath who runs around gleefully killing people—she finds joy in causing mayhem, which makes her weirdly endearing and fun to watch.”

David Ayer on Margot Robbie doing her own stunts

“She’s a tough girl, and she’s incredibly smart and mature beyond her years. She has ridiculous depth, and she’s never been coddled, so she’s very physically courageous. The things she was doing herself as far as stunts, you wouldn’t believe. There’s only a handful of actors who do that sort of work themselves.”

The origin of Margot Robbie’s tattoo gun

As a wrap gift after Tarzan, Sophia—her best friend/housemate/business partner—bought her a tattoo gun on eBay, and soon, between scenes while shooting Suicide Squad, says Robbie, “people would come into my trailer: ‘Hey, Margs—can I get a tattoo?’ ‘Sure—sit on down!’ ” She even gave Delevingne something she dubbed “toemojis”—five emoji faces on the bottoms of her toes. “And then we all decided to get Squad tattoos, David Ayer included,” says Robbie. Now she travels with her tattoo kit everywhere she goes.

The origin of Margot Robbie’s tattoo gun

As a wrap gift after Tarzan, Sophia—her best friend/housemate/business partner—bought her a tattoo gun on eBay, and soon, between scenes while shooting Suicide Squad, says Robbie, “people would come into my trailer: ‘Hey, Margs—can I get a tattoo?’ ‘Sure—sit on down!’ ” She even gave Delevingne something she dubbed “toemojis”—five emoji faces on the bottoms of her toes. “And then we all decided to get Squad tattoos, David Ayer included,” says Robbie. Now she travels with her tattoo kit everywhere she goes.

Sounds perfectly hygenic to me. What's better than a person with no prior training or knowledge using a vibrating needle to inject questionable dyes into multiple subjects whilst in a trailer? They should rename her Hepatitis Harley :)

Sounds perfectly hygenic to me. What's better than a person with no prior training or knowledge using a vibrating needle to inject questionable dyes into multiple subjects whilst in a trailer? They should rename her Hepatitis Harley :)

lol

It is crazy anyone would allow an amateur like that put ink to skin semi-permanently.

:ohnoez:

She just screams "Megan Fox" to me. Burn that star brightly, Margot...you're at 14:59.

Margot Robbie:

The Wolf of Wall Street

Z for Zachariah

Focus

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

The Legend of Tarzan

Suicide Squad

Megan Fox:

Transformers

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

Whore

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Jennifer's Body

Jonah Hex

I get where you are coming from. But I don't think you can even compare the two. Megan Fox always had that feeling of a beauty babe without much acting skills. Margot Robbie seems to have both.

She just screams "Megan Fox" to me. Burn that star brightly, Margot...you're at 14:59.

Margot Robbie:

The Wolf of Wall Street

Z for Zachariah

Focus

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

The Legend of Tarzan

Suicide Squad

Megan Fox:

Transformers

Whore

Jennifer's Body

Jonah Hex

I get where you are coming from. But I don't think you can even compare the two. Megan Fox always had that feeling of a beauty babe without much acting skills. Margot Robbie seems to have both.

Yep, whole different level. (thumbs u

Margot Robbie:

The Wolf of Wall Street

Z for Zachariah

Focus

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

The Legend of Tarzan

Suicide Squad

Megan Fox:

Transformers

Whore

Jennifer's Body

Jonah Hex

hm Chip may be onto something. If there is a difference , it's decimal points.

-J.

Harley Quinn centric movie on its way possibly with birds of prey and or batgirl!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

Now THAT is interesting!

With the DC Super Hero Girls campaign focusing more on the female characters, this would follow that same path. Though making a Harley/Batgirl/Birds of Prey movie would have to at least be in the PG-13 range to attract a larger audience.

Harley Quinn centric movie on its way possibly with birds of prey and or batgirl!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

Now THAT is interesting!

With the DC Super Hero Girls campaign focusing more on the female characters, this would follow that same path. Though making a Harley/Batgirl/Birds of Prey movie would have to at least be in the PG-13 range to attract a larger audience.

Have to give DC credit.. if true and this movies forward quickly, they are going where Marvel has yet to go.. Wonder Woman solo next year and then this.. they are really going after being the first with being better about putting women on screen.

Have to give DC credit.. if true and this movies forward quickly, they are going where Marvel has yet to go.. Wonder Woman solo next year and then this.. they are really going after being the first with being better about putting women on screen.

Unfortunately, Kevin Feige had a weight he had to get off his shoulder in a big way. Now the pressure is all on him to move a female-led film forward.

But I do have to agree. DC is landing there first.

Unfortunately, Kevin Feige had a weight he had to get off his shoulder in a big way. Now the pressure is all on him to move a female-led film forward.

But I do have to agree. DC is landing there first.

They also landed on hero v hero first....

Now THAT is interesting!

The concept sounds a lot like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312098/?ref_=nv_sr_1

-J.

The concept sounds a lot like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312098/?ref_=nv_sr_1

-J.

Not yet it doesn't. But only because there are very little details on the concept involved, other than it will focus on female characters and that it may have Batgirl and Birds of Prey.

But when you read the rest of the story, it is light on anything else. Other than this came from a Margot Robbie pitch after she fell in love with the character.

Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible about the character. In the process, she fell for DC’s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it to Warner Bros., which snapped it up.

The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.

It would be cool if this turns into another actor-fanatic success like Deadpool. But it is a long ways off until we have any additional details.

While the rest of the cast and crew were talking about how intense, weird, and scary Jared Leto was as The Joker, apparently the Suicide Squad star was just focused on having a good time.

Appearing on Ellen, the Academy Award-winning actor said that playing the Clown Prince of Crime was a really enjoyable time.

"I got the call and was invited to play The Joker, which was terrifying and exciting and an honor," Leto said. "It was really the most fun I've ever had on a film in my life; I had a blast. It was a real honor to get asked to play the part. These characters are so special to people and I have a lot of respect for that."

Possible First Reactions To Suicide Squad!

We weren't expecting the first reactions to Suicide Squad to come pouring in until it was screened at MCM London Comic Con later this month, but a handful of people on Twitter are claiming that Warner Bros. test-screened it last night at Century 25 Union City and xD in Union City, California.

1cY9xPH.png

:wishluck: