• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Sebastian Stan Says Captain America: Civil War Will Be Brutal Like We Haven’t Seen Before

The actor plays Bucky Barnes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while chatting with us on the red carpet for his new film The Martian this week, he opened up a bit about what to expect from Captain America: Civil War, saying that it will feature some brutal fight scenes that are unlike anything we’ve seen from Marvel before.

He also mentioned that he doesn’t have much interest in seeing Bucky take over as Captain America from Steve Rogers, like he does in the comics. As he mentions, the decision isn’t ultimately up to him anyways, but it’s not something that he’s eager to see happen, regardless.

I agree with him. It took two movies to get to get to the villain twist. For now, cinematically all he is... is a plot point.

Captain America: Civil War Trailer To Be Shown At Philippines Comic-Con With Paul Bettany

According to CNNPhillipines.com, the Captain America: Civil War trailer will be shown Saturday, September 19th at 1 p.m. with Paul Bettany, who plays the Vision, in attendance.

“What we’re doing is an exclusive screening of never-seen scenes from Captain America: Civil War and we’ll have Paul Bettany with a panel after that… so it kind of encompasses the new Marvel movie,” Rita Magnus, general manager of Universal Events and Entertainment said. “I have been researching. I did a whole research with regards to Manila so we know about the passion and the crazy fans you have here. We wanted to bring somebody from the cast of Avengers, someone big in the Marvel’sCivil Warmovie… and The Vision (played by Bettany) is a really big character.”

AsiaPop ComicCon Manila takes place in Manila, Philippines September 17th-20th.

Get ready for someone fan videos from the event.

:popcorn:

Captain America: Civil War Trailer To Be Shown At Philippines Comic-Con With Paul Bettany

According to CNNPhillipines.com, the Captain America: Civil War trailer will be shown Saturday, September 19th at 1 p.m. with Paul Bettany, who plays the Vision, in attendance.

What were doing is an exclusive screening of never-seen scenes from Captain America: Civil War and well have Paul Bettany with a panel after that so it kind of encompasses the new Marvel movie, Rita Magnus, general manager of Universal Events and Entertainment said. I have been researching. I did a whole research with regards to Manila so we know about the passion and the crazy fans you have here. We wanted to bring somebody from the cast of Avengers, someone big in the MarvelsCivil Warmovie and The Vision (played by Bettany) is a really big character.

AsiaPop ComicCon Manila takes place in Manila, Philippines September 17th-20th.

Get ready for someone fan videos from the event.

:popcorn:

:wishluck:

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR AsiaPop ComiCon Trailer Description

A few hours ago, a slightly updated version of Marvel's Captain America: Civil War trailer was played at the Asia Pop ComicCon and just like the D23 Expo trailer that came before it, this new cut of the trailer was also well-received, so well-received in fact, that it was played twice for the audience.

• Iron Man fighting both Captain America and the Winter Soldier.
  • Iron Man throwing Cap, but not seeing Bucky and then getting subsequently punched in the face.
  • This is probably a misdirection, but Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is apparently the rumored double agent and it sounds like she doublecrosses Cap. She is shown reporting to the government, including General Ross and Tony Stark, before her showdown with Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye.
  • More of the Black Widow/Hawkeye fight; Natasha looks to be in bad shape after Clint delivers a big blow
  • Vision fighting both Falcon & Scarlet Witch.
  • More of the scene where Ant-Man thanks Cap for letting him be a part of the team. This time, Scott apparently pulls a Peggy and touches Steve's pecs to feel how big/firm they are at some point during the conversation.
  • Daniel Brühl's Baron Zemo makes an appearance.
  • Steve and Bucky hugging it out.

And there is much more in that article after the trailer was seen a second time.

:whee:

Marvel Seemingly Teases CIVIL WAR With AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Promo Image

Bafflingly, Marvel has yet to release so much as a single official image from Captain America: Civil War. It could be that Disney want to focus on Star Wars: The Force Awakens right now, with leaked promo art our only real glimpse at the highly anticipated threequel to date. So, as you might expect, this promo image reuses artwork from Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, the fact that this was accompanied on Twitter with, "What Ultron tore asunder will never be truly healed," may indicate that this is an early piece of marketing for Marvel's first Phase 3 movie.

CPmfU_dWwAAVZA0.png

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR AsiaPop ComiCon Trailer Description

A few hours ago, a slightly updated version of Marvel's Captain America: Civil War trailer was played at the Asia Pop ComicCon and just like the D23 Expo trailer that came before it, this new cut of the trailer was also well-received, so well-received in fact, that it was played twice for the audience.

• Iron Man fighting both Captain America and the Winter Soldier.
  • Iron Man throwing Cap, but not seeing Bucky and then getting subsequently punched in the face.
  • This is probably a misdirection, but Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is apparently the rumored double agent and it sounds like she doublecrosses Cap. She is shown reporting to the government, including General Ross and Tony Stark, before her showdown with Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye.
  • More of the Black Widow/Hawkeye fight; Natasha looks to be in bad shape after Clint delivers a big blow
  • Vision fighting both Falcon & Scarlet Witch.
  • More of the scene where Ant-Man thanks Cap for letting him be a part of the team. This time, Scott apparently pulls a Peggy and touches Steve's pecs to feel how big/firm they are at some point during the conversation.
  • Daniel Brühl's Baron Zemo makes an appearance.
  • Steve and Bucky hugging it out.

And there is much more in that article after the trailer was seen a second time.

:whee:

Ok, haven't been following this closely, but what funeral are they referencing in the link?

Ok, haven't been following this closely, but what funeral are they referencing in the link?

It is either going to be Peggy Carter or Hawkeye's family (or both). Both have been hinted at, including a funeral card for Peggy.

Anthony Mackie Doesn't Want Falcon Or Winter Soldier To Become Captain America In The MCU

"I don't think we need a new Cap. I don't think Cap needs to change," Mackie told the jubilant crowd (via The Salt Lake Tribune). "I think [bucky's actor Sebastian Stan] would be a great Cap, but then we're left without Bucky. I think I'd be a great Cap, but then we're left without a Falcon."

Chris Evans Explains Why Captain America Is Fighting Iron Man In Civil War

"Tony actually thinks we should be signing these accords and reporting to somebody and Cap, who's always been a company man and has always been a soldier, actually doesn't trust anymore. Given what happened in Cap 2, I think he kind of feels the safest hands are his own," Evans told the rapt crowd (via The Salt Lake Tribune). "And these are understandable concerns, but this is tough, because even reading the -script, you think I think I agree with Tony in a way, and I do agree that to make this work, you do need to surrender to the group. It can't just be one person saying this is right and this is what we're going to do."

"But Cap has his reasons, he certainly has his reasons, and he is a good man and his moral compass is probably the cleanest," Evans added. "This is a tough thing. This is what made it so interesting while we were filming, and it's hopefully what will make the movie great is nobody's right, nobody's wrong. There's no clear bad guy here. We both have a point of view, which is akin to most disagreements in life and politics."

It is either going to be Peggy Carter or Hawkeye's family (or both). Both have been hinted at, including a funeral card for Peggy.

Thanks for the info!