• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Captain America: Civil War Rumor Reveals How Iron Man Helps Spider-Man

Tony Stark does it again!

According to the report, Tony isn’t going to be building Peter a suit of armor. However, he will be the one designing Spider-Man’s web shooters:

"Latino-Review has been told that the original comic book plot of Iron Spider will not be part of “Civil War” but instead Stark will be the one responsible for creating Spidey’s web shooters.

When we first meet young Spider-Man, Peter Parker will be a hero using only things a teenager has access to while Stark has the capability of making more "hero ready" suits (he has a line about making the Avengers "look cool" in Age of Ultron)."

Thoughts?

I don't like it - I think him building the web shooters is a big part of his character as it represents his resourcefulness and genius at such an early age. Maybe they decided it didn't make sense to have a 15-year-old kid be quite that intelligent :shrug:

I think it'll be a little more complicated than is currently being presented.

I don't like it - I think him building the web shooters is a big part of his character as it represents his resourcefulness and genius at such an early age. Maybe they decided it didn't make sense to have a 15-year-old kid be quite that intelligent :shrug:

Oh, I agree.

The MCU seems to make many of these technical advances attributed to the Starks, like hardly anyone else has such abilities. I'd rather they not go down this path.

Oh, I agree.

The MCU seems to make many of these technical advances attributed to the Starks, like hardly anyone else has such abilities. I'd rather they not go down this path.

I'd like to see Stark offer to make Spidey is shooters, have them be sub-par or too generic, and have Parker then redesign it and make them better. Just as an extra middle finger to Stark. ;)

Oh, I agree.

I'd like to see Stark offer to make Spidey is shooters, have them be sub-par or too generic, and have Parker then redesign it and make them better. Just as an extra middle finger to Stark. ;)

:wishluck::wishluck:

Oh, I agree.

:wishluck::wishluck:

Or Peter just doesn't have the equipment to build something he already designed. Something like just needing access to Tony's manufacturing tech to make his design a reality.

Mark Ruffalo Says Hulk Was Cut From Captain America: Civil War Because Marvel Is Saving Him

While on the press tour for his new film Spotlight, Ruffalo told Italian website Bad Taste that the Hulk was cut from Civil War.

Here’s Ruffalo’s original quote, run through Google Translate:

"Because it's still missing is not known where. I thought that I would be in the film, but in the end evidently believe that reveal what happened Hulk is something too big, and Marvel wants to use this information later. My character had been inserted in the -script, but then it was taken away. Who knows, maybe Hulk will never return. However, they want to keep the revelation of what happened a secret, because it is something really big."

hm

Chris Evans on Extending His Marvel Contract: “If They Want Me, They Got Me”

“Listen, if Marvel wants me they got me. I’ve never had such a relationship where you have such—I mean look at my resume, I’m used to being on set being like, ‘Ah is this movie gonna be terrible?’ Marvel just can’t stop making great movies, they do it in their sleep. It’s wonderful directors and producers and actors and scripts, and it’s like a playground as an actor.”

Evans went on to candidly address his initial reluctance to sign on for The First Avenger:

“It’s so mind-boggling that I was so tentative in the beginning to jump onboard. What an individual_without_enough_empathy I would be if I hadn’t done this. I mean can you imagine? Kicking myself—I’d never forgive myself!”

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Isn’t About Secret Identities

Captain America: Civil War is not about unmasking and secret identities.

In the original comic book crossover that was the crux of the issue, with the government wanting superpowered individuals to register as part of the Superhero Registration Act, and they wanted everybody on file with their full identities revealed and all that. In the course of the story Spider-Man revealed his true ID (an idea so bad the devil had to get involved to erase it) and Captain America and Iron Man came to blows over it all. With the next Captain America movie having that title - and pitting Cap against Iron Man - it's easy to see why some people think that's the plot of the film. But it isn't, and when io9 ran a lengthy article today about how unmasking is a stupid idea for a movie, I knew I had to say something. And that something is:

Captain America: Civil War is not about unmasking and secret identities.

There is no Registration Act. There are Accords, a global move to govern the supeheroes. After the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, where the Avengers showed up and busted mess in South Africa and Sokovia, many of the world's governments are concerned about a unilateral super-powered strike force that answers to no one now that SHIELD has been destroyed (SHIELD is still gone in Civil War, as evidenced by the fact that Samuel L. Jackson isn't even in the movie). The divide between Captain America and Iron Man boils down to that famous Latin quote that gave us one of the best comic book stories ever:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Who watches the watchmen?

Mark Ruffalo Says Hulk Was Cut From Captain America: Civil War Because Marvel Is Saving Him

While on the press tour for his new film Spotlight, Ruffalo told Italian website Bad Taste that the Hulk was cut from Civil War.

"Because it's still missing is not known where. I thought that I would be in the film, but in the end evidently believe that reveal what happened Hulk is something too big, and Marvel wants to use this information later. My character had been inserted in the -script, but then it was taken away. Who knows, maybe Hulk will never return. However, they want to keep the revelation of what happened a secret, because it is something really big."

hm

Maybe they will finally do Hulk 181 and introduce the new Wolverine after Jackman steps aside. :wishluck:

hm

Maybe they will finally do Hulk 181 and introduce the new Wolverine after Jackman steps aside. :wishluck:

My guess is Planet Hulk.

Sebastian Stan Says Captain America: Civil War Will Be Brutal Like We Haven’t Seen Before

The actor plays Bucky Barnes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while chatting with us on the red carpet for his new film The Martian this week, he opened up a bit about what to expect from Captain America: Civil War, saying that it will feature some brutal fight scenes that are unlike anything we’ve seen from Marvel before.

He also mentioned that he doesn’t have much interest in seeing Bucky take over as Captain America from Steve Rogers, like he does in the comics. As he mentions, the decision isn’t ultimately up to him anyways, but it’s not something that he’s eager to see happen, regardless.