• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I like what was there but it really needs to have a larger cast for the full movie. Hope Hollywood revisionism doesn't win out that much over the original concept.

There is no way that the original concept with all the heroes that were in the comic could make it into a movie on screen. To many actors would be involved and the coordinating of the schedules for filming would be next to impossible.

I like what was there but it really needs to have a larger cast for the full movie. Hope Hollywood revisionism doesn't win out that much over the original concept.

There is no way that the original concept with all the heroes that were in the comic could make it into a movie on screen. To many actors would be involved and the coordinating of the schedules for filming would be next to impossible.

Besides, not all of the characters have been introduced and there would have been no way to do so on a reasonable timeline. They'd need decades.

Besides, not all of the characters have been introduced and there would have been no way to do so on a reasonable timeline. They'd need decades.

And nobody wants their favorite hero CGI in the background fighting when they haven't had their own movie yet. That would be horrible for everyone.

The shot at 1:43 seems unfinished. Cap jumps through a window and there doesn't seem to be enough shattered glass.

I thought the same thing. Maybe next film will be a flashback to WW II and some Invaders action for us old timers. :wishluck:

That would be a great idea. Don't know if Marvel could do it however due to Subby rights.

I'm sure that by the time May rolls around, the CGI will be more polished.

Yup. A lot of unfinished fx shots and even alternate takes make it into trailers.

Nobody pays attention to me when I point this out, but a significant number of key lines from the original Avengers trailer were from takes that didn't make it into the movie. Compare them, it's interesting hm

Yup. A lot of unfinished fx shots and even alternate takes make it into trailers.

Nobody pays attention to me when I point this out, but a significant number of key lines from the original Avengers trailer were from takes that didn't make it into the movie. Compare them, it's interesting hm

That's been happening for decades.

Good to know. I haven't followed a franchise as closely as the MCU so this is the first I had noticed. :foryou:

Good to know. I haven't followed a franchise as closely as the MCU so this is the first I had noticed. :foryou:

I've noticed looking for trailer scenes in movies only to find that they were cut. I just can't remember which scenes and which movies off the top of my head. lol