• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Without a doubt one of the best trailers I've ever experienced, love that bit where the music tones out and you have the Exchange of Cap (likely referring to Bucky) saying he's my friend and Tony's "so was I" And I loved the Cap Bucky beatdown on Iron Man while they share the use of the Shield. So much emphasis on the importance of their friendship and lengths Steve is willing to go to protect the people he cares about most.

Since Black Panther and Dr. Strange are two of my favorite characters, I'm actually more excited about the next Marvel Phase than what has come so far (which I've also liked).

And then they just need to get FF back and finally do the first family right and all will be good.

wonder why Downey's face (Stark) is on the poster instead of Iron Man mask--guessing Downey's side made the call on that. with this movie coming on the heels of Supes vs Bats. I cant help but think it wont be so unique

Which came first the chicken or the egg? Looks like both companies are putting out a 'civil war' type movie.

I was underwhelmed by the trailer. How is this a Civil War? Way too early in the MCU for the Civil War storyline IMHO. Who care if two characters who have shared less than 2 hour of screen time don't agree on something (Tony and Steve.) This was going to be a hard sell with the limited number of characters the MCU has and this trailer did nothing to make me believe the MCU has matured to a point where this story will make any sense.

And that CGI at the end. :facepalm: They should have waited until the CGI was done before they put that in the trailer.

And that CGI at the end. :facepalm: They should have waited until the CGI was done before they put that in the trailer.

Possibly an homage to the great Ray Harryhausen? (shrug)

Yeah, that speedy action style of fighting made it into Winter Soldier, so I imagine that is the near-complete edit. hm

I wonder why they went with the silver highlights instead of his traditional gold highlights.

Are they implying that they are made of vibranium and they want to make sure that connection from AoU is understood?

I wonder why they went with the silver highlights instead of his traditional gold highlights.

Are they implying that they are made of vibranium and they want to make sure that connection from AoU is understood?

That's what I got from it.

I was underwhelmed by the trailer. How is this a Civil War?

They are not showing the Civil War aspects of it yet, focusing on one thread of the story only. The clues are there to the greater story that the movie will cover.