• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I wonder why they went with the silver highlights instead of his traditional gold highlights.

Are they implying that they are made of vibranium and they want to make sure that connection from AoU is understood?

It's so Sideshow can re-tool all of the unsold Iron Man statues.

I wonder why they went with the silver highlights instead of his traditional gold highlights.

Are they implying that they are made of vibranium and they want to make sure that connection from AoU is understood?

It's so Sideshow can re-tool all of the unsold Iron Man statues.

doh!

No, Tony Stark invented his suit and didn't want their gold trimming to clash.

:acclaim:

I'm a bit late to the party but that was the best comic book movie trailer I've ever seen. Cap and Bucky giving Iron Man a can of whuppin'. And we haven't even seen Spidey, Vision, or the baddies.

Soak it in, folks, and enjoy this while it lasts. Comic book geeks rule the world. :acclaim:

And that CGI at the end. :facepalm: They should have waited until the CGI was done before they put that in the trailer.

Possibly an homage to the great Ray Harryhausen? (shrug)

Yeah, that speedy action style of fighting made it into Winter Soldier, so I imagine that is the near-complete edit. hm

I hope not. The way Iron Man shifts from one knee to the other knee is cringe worthy. Humans don't move that way.

Up to this point, in none of the movies, have I gotten the impression that Tony and Steve are friends. Acquaintances, absolutely, but not enough has been done on screen to establish the importance of their friendship. That is why I feel this movie is premature. But, it is possible we will see the two of them pal around in the early parts of the movie to establish that friendship. Most movie going audiences do not have the background us comic fans have with these 2 characters.

Rhodey's face should be messed up in that scene where Tony is holding War Machine in the field with his helmet bashed in. Or maybe the helmet wasn't damaged? (shrug)

There are things to like about the trailer though. I think the Black Panther has translated well to the big screen. I also like seeing Scarlet Witch using her powers to fly when the two teams are approaching each other.

And that CGI at the end. :facepalm: They should have waited until the CGI was done before they put that in the trailer.

Possibly an homage to the great Ray Harryhausen? (shrug)

Yeah, that speedy action style of fighting made it into Winter Soldier, so I imagine that is the near-complete edit. hm

I hope not. The way Iron Man shifts from one knee to the other knee is cringe worthy. Humans don't move that way.

Up to this point, in none of the movies, have I gotten the impression that Tony and Steve are friends. Acquaintances, absolutely, but not enough has been done on screen to establish the importance of their friendship. That is why I feel this movie is premature. But, it is possible we will see the two of them pal around in the early parts of the movie to establish that friendship. Most movie going audiences do not have the background us comic fans have with these 2 characters.

Rhodey's face should be messed up in that scene where Tony is holding War Machine in the field with his helmet bashed in. Or maybe the helmet wasn't damaged? (shrug)

There are things to like about the trailer though. I think the Black Panther has translated well to the big screen. I also like seeing Scarlet Witch using her powers to fly when the two teams are approaching each other.

It's ok to me that they haven't established the friendship you described or want to see. Stark probably feels that being on the same team, fighting the same fight side by side in the past, is enough to establish a strong friendship. Rogers has a better bond with his long time friend who knew him before he became Captain America. So I can see where that would make him choose Bucky who he also fought with side by side.

Why does Cap have fingerless gloves? Where are the red gauntlets?

Stan Lee wouldn't turn over the rights to the red gloves, as he has a special patent on these associated with a special warfare program he has going with the U.S. Army. Project Hush-Hush.

:o

Store_CaptainAmerica_Classic.png

meh.

This was curiously underwhelming to me.

I was _far_ more impressed and excited by the first Winter Soldier trailer.

+1

This looks like AoU did from the start. It will be a big winner at the box office but the movie looks meh

Story looks fun, but the CGI battle with Iron Man looks weak. Can't they establish a live actor in a costume to represent him in combat? The Russo brothers brought a physical, kinetic fight style to 'Winter Soldier' that I hope to see replicated in Civil War. So far, if that last shot is any indication, I'll be disappointed.

Dan

meh.

This was curiously underwhelming to me.

I was _far_ more impressed and excited by the first Winter Soldier trailer.

Absolutely. Didn't feel excited or inspired by it at all. I am going to need more than Cap wanting to help his friend to make me want to watch this.

:banana: Chris