• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I'm excited to see this. And since I never read Civil War, I come to the movie with no assumptions what needs to be in this -script.

The trailer, for me, though, was a B+ even after viewing it twice. And only because it came across as if Bucky was the cause of the entire fight between super-powered heroes. Not the Superhuman Registration Act as the primary friction leading to a fracture in alliances.

But I thoroughly enjoyed Cap: Winter Soldier, and consider it in my Top 3 of Marvel Studios' movies. I have faith in the Russo brothers.

:whee:

It was an excellent teaser. I have always stated unequivocally that Winter Soldier was the best pure Comic Book real-world movie ever made. This might top that. We'll see........

Agree. That trailer was awesome. Exceeded my expectations.

I'm excited to see this. And since I never read Civil War, I come to the movie with no assumptions what needs to be in this -script.

The trailer, for me, though, was a B+ even after viewing it twice. And only because it came across as if Bucky was the cause of the entire fight between super-powered heroes. Not the Superhuman Registration Act as the primary friction leading to a fracture in alliances.

But I thoroughly enjoyed Cap: Winter Soldier, and consider it in my Top 3 of Marvel Studios' movies. I have faith in the Russo brothers.

:whee:

Do yourself a favor, pick up the trades and read them after you see the movie. I enjoyed the whole story including the tie-ins. They also have Civil War Chronicles that have some of the tie-ins along with Civil War story.

I think that is intentional, they are not spoiling the film. The conflict is going to start with Captain going AWOL and trying to save Bucky, and it will likely play into the final straws triggering the Registration passing.

Almost every MCU character is in the film, and the majority dont care about Bucky. They have just chosen to base the trailer on that thread, and remembering that its actually Captain America 3, that will be how the movie starts and a lot of what they are showing is likely from the first 30 mins of the film.

wonder why Downey's face (Stark) is on the poster instead of Iron Man mask--guessing Downey's side made the call on that. with this movie coming on the heels of Supes vs Bats. I cant help but think it wont be so unique

other way around, its based on a story from 2006. It's not coming on the heels of anything.

I think that is intentional, they are not spoiling the film. The conflict is going to start with Captain going AWOL and trying to save Bucky, and it will likely play into the final straws triggering the Registration passing.

Almost every MCU character is in the film, and the majority dont care about Bucky. They have just chosen to base the trailer on that thread, and remembering that its actually Captain America 3, that will be how the movie starts and a lot of what they are showing is likely from the first 30 mins of the film.

This makes sense. Not a single hint of Zemo or Crossbones in this trailer. Most likely the heroes patch things up to take out the baddies in the end.

wonder why Downey's face (Stark) is on the poster instead of Iron Man mask--guessing Downey's side made the call on that. with this movie coming on the heels of Supes vs Bats. I cant help but think it wont be so unique

other way around, its based on a story from 2006. It's not coming on the heels of anything.

I believe he is referencing the movie release dates. Not when the comic books being referenced came out.

Batman v Superman: March 25, 2016

Captain America Civil War: May 6, 2016

Looks like someone found Antman.

6J1oiji.png

That is SUCH a super catch!

:applause:

According to one article, that is a fake photoshop. One of the writers on Io9 did a frame-by-frame check & that shot isn't there.

:(

But there is this.

Is Spider-Man In The Captain America: Civil War Trailer?

It's a stretch. But it will lead to people going back to that trailer a few more times.

This pixelated reddish human shape could be the Spider-Man walking (not crawling or swinging) across the street during this Falcon shot. Or it could be a random extra who happens to be wearing red. We have no context to support either theory, so look at the screenshots and video below and judge for yourself (via Culture Buff).

spider-man-civil-war-trailer-2-160784.jpg

Looks like someone found Antman.

6J1oiji.png

That is SUCH a super catch!

:applause:

According to one article, that is a fake photoshop. One of the writers on Io9 did a frame-by-frame check & that shot isn't there.

It's fake. I couldn't find it in that scene in the trailer.