• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Good fun movie well worth the price of admission but not great - had some fanboy moments which were fun but I much preferred Winter Soldier which I thought was a better put together movie.

:golfclap:

I agree whole heartedly.

-Terry

Yeah! People should only post what we tell them to post.

:sumo:

Nobody said that.

What I said was I prefer talking about movies with people who don't have an agenda.

But when someone has an agenda, do they even realize it? One person's agenda may be another's point of view or feelings.

I've always sorta' thought that agenda was in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes it is intentional and obvious, other times it is a judgment call. hm

You might be partially right but after spending 12 years here you kind of get a feel for things and hear/read a lot of things.

I definitely think that the Comic forum has become very agenda driven in the way that the WC has as well, only the agendas over there are value driven compared to being politically driven here.

Again, just my perception.

FYI: This is a whole thread devoted to this movie in Comics General / Comic Movies --

LINK

General consensus is that the movie is well worth seeing. With so many people saying they love it, there is also a backlash with a smaller percentage of people saying their high expectations were not met. I was lucky enough to see it last week at a preview, so I had no expectations and I found the movie very enjoyable (in spite of the twit next to me who kept fiddling with his cell phone every couple minutes).

Twits on cell phones are why you buy a large soda but don't drink it. When the twit whips out his cell phone, you "accidentally" spill your drink all over his lap.

the underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group.

"Miller has his own agenda and it has nothing to do with football"

synonyms: plan, scheme, motive; exit strategy

"their hidden agenda"

Nobody said that.

What I said was I prefer talking about movies with people who don't have an agenda.

But when someone has an agenda, do they even realize it? One person's agenda may be another's point of view or feelings.

I've always sorta' thought that agenda was in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes it is intentional and obvious, other times it is a judgment call. hm

hm

Way too logical.

Nobody said that.

hm

Way too logical.

So what you're saying is that people don't have a conscience? lol

You might be partially right but after spending 12 years here you kind of get a feel for things and hear/read a lot of things.

I definitely think that the Comic forum has become very agenda driven in the way that the WC has as well, only the agendas over there are value driven compared to being politically driven here.

Again, just my perception.

After being here 8 years, I'd say you could be wasting time over nothing. But that is just my opinion. Like when you thought I was posting comic book movie and TV news to make money somewhere - somehow - versus just loving how OUR hobby has exploded in such media.

It just leads to unnecessary friction. But that's your choices and perception to deal with.

Also another stark tech moment

spideys costume :facepalm:

What don't you like about it?

Marvel's solution to any tech problem is just say Stark created it. It's getting a little old

that doesn't bother me so much as he can make anything in about 5 minutes. Same with Ultron-he built thousands of robots in a couple days. Luckily they were fragile suckers and would shatter if an old lady hit em with an umbrella. Essentially Stark could build the Death Star in about 3 hours.

Good fun movie well worth the price of admission but not great - had some fanboy moments which were fun but I much preferred Winter Soldier which I thought was a better put together movie.

:golfclap:

I agree whole heartedly.

-Terry

also agree

that doesn't bother me so much as he can make anything in about 5 minutes.

He builds stuff like you post. Fast and in quantity.

Speaking of which, as of Friday's numbers alone.

0EV0GOb.png

j8TitIH.png

(worship)

I thought that bottom budget number was just for civil war, I was sitting here stunned saying no way did that movie have a 2 billion dollar plus budget.

Then I figured out is was the total of all the movies, lol

I thought that bottom budget number was just for civil war, I was sitting here stunned saying no way did that movie have a 2 billion dollar plus budget.

Then I figured out is was the total of all the movies, lol

lol

Hey, when the actor playing Baron Zemo said they could make a few movies with the Civil War budget, he meant it.

(:

My wife and I saw the movie today and we both absolutely loved it. We came out of the theater with huge grins on our faces and we are making plans to cut out early from work one day next week to see it again.

Awesome, awesome movie.