• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Yeah! People should only post what we tell them to post.

:sumo:

Nobody said that.

What I said was I prefer talking about movies with people who don't have an agenda.

Initial thoughts I give it a solid B. Maybe Im just growing weary

Ant Man/ black panter terrific

love the falcon

Spidey just didn't do it for me however the costume was fantastic and I love what this will do for the character in the long run in terms of popularity

Action scenes were awesome however a little too sped up for my taste at times. a little forced humor too

Scarlet Witch accent better this time around but she goes in and out of accent at times

I preferred Batman V Superman

Initial thoughts I give it a solid B. Maybe Im just growing weary

Ant Man terrific

Spidey just didn't do it for me however the costume was fantastic and I love what this will do for the character in the long run in terms of popularity

Action scenes were awesome however a little too sped up for my taste at times. a little forced humor too

Scarlet Witch accent better this time around but she goes in and out of accent at times

I preferred Batman V Superman

:lol:

Yeah! People should only post what we tell them to post.

:sumo:

Nobody said that.

What I said was I prefer talking about movies with people who don't have an agenda.

But when someone has an agenda, do they even realize it? One person's agenda may be another's point of view or feelings.

I've always sorta' thought that agenda was in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes it is intentional and obvious, other times it is a judgment call. hm

Saw it late last night, and loved it. I still give a slight edge to CA:TWS as my favorite Marvel movie, but CW comes real close. I'm suprised no one has mentioned how good the special effects were during the scene that featured

young Tony Stark and his parents

:headbang:

It lagged for me at the beginning, but that's really all the negative I had.

Great humor in the right parts. I loved the Black Panther

Touching parts from my childhood

Vision and Scarlett Witch - Anyone who read the Avengers in the late 70s and 80s like me will love these scenes.

Spider-man and Ant-man stole the show for me

Overall very well done. Just laggy at the beginning is my only negative on the film. The Winter Soldier angle with Iron man and Captain America was brilliant.

also can someone explain to me what Wanda's powers are? I'm really confused by what she can or cannot do. She seems to be very powerful

My wife asked me this. I told her she is the least explainable most poorly thought out character in the whole mcu, and probably the must powerful. So marvel doesn't want you to ask too many questions...

Just got back from seeing it.

This movie was pretty much perfect. I didn't feel like there was anything in the story that was unnecessary and the flow was awesome. Pretty much the exact opposite of BvS.

This movie's gonna kill.

Wanda can alter probability and also sort of telekinesis/blasting ability.

Saw the movie Friday afternoon, it was fantastic.

Near the top of the list for me, right along with Avengers 1, Iron Man 1, Cap 2, Avengers 2 (yep- loved that one) & Thor 1 & 2 ( loved that one as well).

Oh, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

The rest of the Marvel movies have been very good as well. No complaints from me; well, the Mandarin, maybe.

This is the Marvel Studios Age of Movies ! :D

I've dreamed of movies like this since 1964. It's been worth the wait.

It lagged for me at the beginning, but that's really all the negative I had.

Great humor in the right parts. I loved the Black Panther

Touching parts from my childhood

Vision and Scarlett Witch - Anyone who read the Avengers in the late 70s and 80s like me will love these scenes.

Spider-man and Ant-man stole the show for me

Overall very well done. Just laggy at the beginning is my only negative on the film. The Winter Soldier angle with Iron man and Captain America was brilliant.

Beginning lag gave me b v s flashbacks....they could have cut that out completely

Didn't pick up for me until Black Panther arrived in costume although I dug the opening fight scene with crossbones and company Not sure where I rank it but I probably put it third out of the Captain America movies. Ill have to see if it grows on me more. I assume it will. Tom Holland just doesn't seem like Peter Parker at all to me. Hard to get used to a young aunt May