• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Saw it last night - great show!

- Avengers and Civil War are now 1a and 1b in my books!

- Really enjoyed ALL the Black Panther scenes. Marvel did a great job setting up the Black Panther Movie!

- I think we'll see more of Zemo - much like Loki, he is a very believable villain IMO!

- I didn't know that RDJ can act!

- I'm a little underwhelmed with Spider-Man. I guess Spiderman is now officially Marvel's comedic relief.

I'm looking forward to Strangers in Paradise. No one will have to buff up for their role & CGI won't play into the debate.

Superheroes are naked musclemen so there's that y'all gotta deal with tonight.

Even the women?

Reading the posts from the last couple of days I saw that a few folks complained that the movie was a little too long.

As far as I'm concerned it was way too short. I could sit through another twelve hours or so of that.

Yep - agree 1000%

I saw the movie on Thursday and thought it was quite good! The trailers do spoil quite a bit of the majesty, but the Winter Soldier/Stark backstory was still a surprise to me. I think the movie was a bit thin on story but not too bad. They had to fit a lot of characters into this movie, so it's understandable that the overall story might not be as deep. Zemo was a completely forgettable villain though.

It was definitely a "beat em' up" movie. Even if you remove the big "civil war" battle, there was still a ton of fight scenes. I'd prefer less fight scenes and more conversation. I know it's a superhero movie but some of the fight scene items did bug me. They have Cap falling out of tall buildings, tumbling down elevator shafts and taking direct punches from Iron Man only to just shake it off. How do you kill the guy? Or when Cap is PUNCHING Iron Man? Cap has super strength and added bone mass but ultimately it's still bone vs metal; that seems like it would equal a shattered Cap hand. What I'm getting at is that the movie makes it seem like Cap is invulnerable to physical harm similar to the Hulk.

It was great seeing all of the characters on the big screen together. Talk about a Marvel reader's dream come true. I always love seeing RDJ as Iron Man, and this movie was no different. However, I also loved Spider-Man, Vision and Ant-Man. They were all fantastic. Who would have thought that Paul Bettany would end up being the perfect Vision? When they casted him for the role of Jarvis nearly 10 years ago, I wonder if they planned that out! I'm so happy to see Spidey in the hands of Marvel. Thank goodness! That is what Spidey is supposed to be, in my opinion. He's supposed to be a "normal" kid; not an adult like McGuire or a hipster like Garfield.

Overall, I'd give Captain America: Civil War an 8.0 out of 10.

The trailers do spoil quite a bit of the majesty

I thought it was pretty cool how they spliced the trailers to lead the viewer to think that something was going to happen in a certain way, then in the movie the scene would develop into something completely different.

The trailers do spoil quite a bit of the majesty

I thought it was pretty cool how they spliced the trailers to lead the viewer to think that something was going to happen in a certain way, then in the movie the scene would develop into something completely different.

Yep - I don't think that the trailers gave anything away.

either my eyesight is getting older than I thought or some of the fight scenes seemed like a blur of motion...i'm guessing they speeded up the film in fights to make it seem more super heroic.

Spider-man is a kid, he talks a lot in the comics and he has snappy one liners. I see no problem how he was portrayed. Remember in this film he hasn't had his powers for very long.

Also another stark tech moment

spideys costume :facepalm:

What don't you like about it?

Marvel's solution to any tech problem is just say Stark created it. It's getting a little old

My favorite part of the movie was:

When Winter Soldier tried to punch Spider-man and Spider-man showed us all how strong he was was amazing to me. Spider-man talking smack while Winter Soldier was amazed at Spidy's strength.

that was pretty cool.

Marvel's solution to any tech problem is just say Stark created it. It's getting a little old

I believe they did that in the comics with the Avengers. Not Spider-Man of course but stark made tech for others I believe.

Doesn't bother me at all.

I believe they did that in the comics with the Avengers. Not Spider-Man of course but stark made tech for others I believe.

you like Iron Man, I don't. He's super annoying

you like Iron Man, I don't. He's super annoying

I was never personally a big Iron Man fan but after watching RDJ in the first movie, I became one. After Stark called the press conference to admit he was Iron Man, then the credits start rolling & Ozzy's Iron Man starts playing is what really got me hooked. Before that I was mainly into Spidey, Hulk & X-Men. I love them all now though. Sure Iron Man can be very annoying, but I just love the way he pulls it off. Spidey gets quite annoying too, but that's one of the things everyone loves about the character. I think they will make for a very interesting duo in Homecoming next year.