• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Going to the 9:45AM showing now

I called the theater to ask how busy the 9am showing was, they said ten people showed up for it.

I didn't even know they had morning movie times

Be back with my report after lunch

it's only Friday, some people gotta work...i'm going tonight at 7:20 i'm hoping we can sit together.

:news: SPOILERS :news:

Captain America: Civil War Post Credits Scenes Revealed

:news: SPOILERS :news:

MID-CREDIT SCENE

The mid-credits sequence starts with a shot of the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes. He's in a pod of some type. There are scientists in the lab, as Steve Rogers talks to Bucky. He asks him if he's sure he wants to do this, then promises him they'll fix things. They're going to freeze Bucky again, as it's the only way to keep him from being used thanks to all that brainwashing. T'Challa aka Black Panther is there - ah, so it seems we're in Wakanda. T'Challa and Cap have a talk, as the King promises Steve that they'll find a way to save Bucky and keep him from ever being taken over by evil again. Steve warns him, though, that when people find out Bucky's being kept there, they'll come for him. "Let them try," T'Challa says in the most baller line possible. A giant Panther statue is the final shot as Wakanda is seen in all its glory.

POST-CREDIT SCENE

The credits roll, and it's time for the other standout new character, Spider-Man to get the focus. Peter Parker sits in his bedroom, and is checking out his suit (thanks Iron Man!) and his webshooter. It clicks and projects some light - just as Aunt May comes into his room. He hides it, and after she asks about his black eye, which he blames on a guy from Brooklyn named Steve (yeah, that's Cap), she leaves. He takes out the webshooter and it reveals a Spider-signal, his symbol projected in light Batman style.

Damn. I was hoping for an Infinity War/Gauntlet tie-in as those books have started to cool off a bit at local shows. lol

Headed in now.

First observation not as packed as when I saw BvS.

That was sold out.

hm

I went and saw it last night(first USA day) theatre was easily 97% packed. . At the end of THIS weekend CAp3 will have HALF or more of what BVS has grossed so far. There is no comparison..

It is totally awesome everyone is loving this movie. I might check it out next week in theaters for sure. (thumbs u

I don't think I can go on too much longer without clicking on the spoilers.

dont worry about spoilers.. there is really nothing to spoil. The whole movie was in the trailers for this as well

Hey all --

Saw it last night, will see it tonight in IMAX as well.

What a juggling act. Not everything felt great (too much frenetic camera work on the fights at times...not enough sense to Zemo's "plan"...a few underdeveloped character arcs), but OVERALL I thought this was a rousing, well-crafted, action-packed and poignant movie. I can't wait to see it again to get more of the nuances.

Along with Iron Man, Avengers, and Winter Soldier, easily one of my Top 4 Marvel movies and right up there with the best of the genre right now. Really quite an amazing feat the Russos pulled off here.

My daughter and her friend loved Spider-Man and Ant-Man the most, which felt exactly right to me...plenty of humor, but nothing too off-key like we found in AoU. 8.5/10.

Dan

I haven't seen it yet but I can't help but think that they may be setting up a Masters of Evil storyline for a future movie?

It's also amazing that it took Marvel 1 shot to get both Spidey & Peter right in the same movie, while Sony didn't manage it in 5 movies.

The first 2 Tobey movies were a pretty good take on the character, IMO. The first half of the first movie were basically ripped straight from the pages of AF15.

I thought Toby made a good Peter and an awful Spider-Man. I also thought Andrew Garfield was a great spidey and an awful Peter. Neither captured the dichotomy of the character with being really awkward as Peter but channeling that awkwardness into being an annoying motormouth while in the Spidey costume.

Couldn't agree with this more. It's what I've been saying for years.

Headed in now.

First observation not as packed as when I saw BvS.

That was sold out.

hm

There are so many movie theaters now a days that there has been no movie I have been to where all the seats are completely taken, plus its a Friday and most kids are still in school and adults at work.

It's also amazing that it took Marvel 1 shot to get both Spidey & Peter right in the same movie, while Sony didn't manage it in 5 movies.

The first 2 Tobey movies were a pretty good take on the character, IMO. The first half of the first movie were basically ripped straight from the pages of AF15.

:applause: thought the original first two were great also

Caught the flick last night at 7:40. Went in knowing it would be good, and it was better than I expected.

Very very minor spoilers.

Fight scenes were amazing, fast paced but I'll catch them all with a re-watch.

Spider-man/PP was perfect. Rudd was amazing as Ant Man/Giant Man. Perfect humor from all characters, not to much and not to little.

Very nice introductions with Panther & SM.

Nice Hydra symbols and nods to them as well as Shield. So much of the past shown, loved it.

My favorite was Scarlet Witch, I didn't know how powerful she was until this movie. She shined so hard in this one. Now I must get a Xmen #4 hm

I missed the last post-credits trailer but after reading it here, I'm ok with missing it.

And there was a Rogue One trailer which was dope to see on the big screen.

I give it a 9

Oh Noes!

Looks like it only brought in $25 million last night, compared to Batman v. Superman's $27.7 million.

:ohnoez:

1/3 of schools were closed the week of BvS for Spring Break. Lots of kids could stay up late for a Thursday night screening. If you want a positive, China's opening box was $30.6 million, the fourth largest in China's history (behind F&F7, AoU, Star Wars Force Awakens.)

Outstanding!

I loved it!

Only 20 people at the 9:45 showing

Opens great, slows down a bit near the end of the first half, and then when they get to the airport, it's on!

I thought they nailed Spiderman, and the Black Panther (I thought BP would be a little goofy, but he was great!)

Antman was hilarious, and Giantman was great too, his fight scene was especially good.

The fight scenes were ridiculously well done, best I have seen in any superhero movie yet.

I wanted to stand up and shout, if not for them you wouldn't even be having this conversation right now as the world would have been destroyed like five times over, while they were getting berated for collateral damage, but other than that I had no major problems with the story line.

Great movie, I give it my highest recommendation!