• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Stinks it was cancelled (, even if i stopped watching myself )and marvel most wanted cancelled .person of interest ending. That Metal Show gets cancelled. Now I find out "Undatable" is cancelled. Shows are dropping like flies. I hope the blacklist and Family Guy stick around or all I will be watching is sports.

Agent Carter: Hayley Atwell Will Do ‘Whatever It Takes’ For Season 3

Despite its fan-base and the traction of other Marvel Cinematic Universe-based TV shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter was axed by ABC after two seasons—evener after ending on a jarring cliffhanger. The cancellation of the TV show, a 1940s-set spinoff of Captain America: The First Avenger, didn’t go over well with its audience, inspiring over 115,000 viewers to petition that the show transition to Netflix—arguably a smart move, considering Marvel already has a home there.

Now, it seems fans aren’t the only ones making noise. Hayley Atwell, who plays the eponymous Peggy Carter, has said that she is willing to do “whatever it takes” to bring Agent Carter into its third season. The actress recently appeared at the 2016 MegaCon in Orlando, Florida, where a panel attendee tweeted out a series of her quotes. Atwell expressed her love for the Agent Carter character and (despite headlining Conviction, a new ABC legal drama) said she would be willing to “shoot on the weekends” if it meant bringing Peggy back to the fans.

Dominic Cooper, who plays Howard Stark, recently spoke out during a panel at MCM London Comic Con earlier in the week. “I’m well up for doing more Howard Stark, and I know [Atwell and James D’Arcy are] up for doing more of their characters, so fingers crossed,” he said, speaking on behalf of himself, Atwell, and D’Arcy, who plays Stark’s butler, Edwin Jarvis.

:wishluck:

Despite its fan-base and the traction of other Marvel Cinematic Universe-based TV shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter was axed by ABC after two seasons—evener after ending on a jarring cliffhanger. The cancellation of the TV show, a 1940s-set spinoff of Captain America: The First Avenger, didn’t go over well with its audience, inspiring over 115,000 viewers to petition that the show transition to Netflix—arguably a smart move, considering Marvel already has a home there.

Now, it seems fans aren’t the only ones making noise. Hayley Atwell, who plays the eponymous Peggy Carter, has said that she is willing to do “whatever it takes” to bring Agent Carter into its third season. The actress recently appeared at the 2016 MegaCon in Orlando, Florida, where a panel attendee tweeted out a series of her quotes. Atwell expressed her love for the Agent Carter character and (despite headlining Conviction, a new ABC legal drama) said she would be willing to “shoot on the weekends” if it meant bringing Peggy back to the fans.

Dominic Cooper, who plays Howard Stark, recently spoke out during a panel at MCM London Comic Con earlier in the week. “I’m well up for doing more Howard Stark, and I know [Atwell and James D’Arcy are] up for doing more of their characters, so fingers crossed,” he said, speaking on behalf of himself, Atwell, and D’Arcy, who plays Stark’s butler, Edwin Jarvis.

That would be awesome if they could make that happen.

I actually preferred watching Agent Carter instead of AOS.

That would be awesome if they could make that happen.

I actually preferred watching Agent Carter instead of AOS.

This is really good news. I like this show & am happy to see the main actors defending it. I don't see why they wouldn't want to move it to Netflix. Seems like all of Marvel's non Netflix shows are getting sh*tcanned. Edited by chezmtghut

This show just needs to die. It just wasn't that good, no matter how charming Atwell is.

Couldn't agree more. It was well produced and well intentioned but the sum of its parts was worthless. One token renewal was enough.

I'm also looking at you Jessica Jones.

-J.

...The cancellation of the TV show, a 1940s-set spinoff of Captain America: The First Avenger, didn’t go over well with its audience, inspiring over 115,000 viewers to petition that the show transition to Netflix...

That's about the same number who signed the petition against Batfleck... and look how well that turned out.

:baiting:

;)

This show just needs to die. It just wasn't that good, no matter how charming Atwell is.

Agreed. Wonderful first season, terrible second season. I don't care for it anymore.

I think the characters and the acting of the leads are excellent. As is the production. What was a disappointment this year was the writing. That's the one thing that can be fixed. Knowing you've got the big three back makes all the difference. Any episode that Copper appeared as Stark always was enjoyable.

Finding a way to tie it into some early roots of the true Marvel Universe would be the only hook needed.

Agreed. Wonderful first season, terrible second season. I don't care for it anymore.

I feel the same.

I loved season one, season 2 I stopped watching. Bad writing.

VIDEO GAMES: Peggy Carter Suits Up As CAPTAIN AMERICA As Marvel Games Celebrates Cap's 75th Anniversary

ltVumMs.png

To celebrate Captain America's 75th anniversay, Marvel Games has dreamed up six alternate versions of the star spangled Avenger for their various mobile and online games. They're all pretty cool, but the ones likely to get the most attention on social media are Peggy Carter and Sharon Rogers. As you can see below, they've both suited up as the new Cap, and the results are actually surprisingly cool!

"The unique stories and styles of each Marvel game provide an opportunity for every title to introduce a boldly imaginative version of the legendary Super Soldier," said Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games Creative Director today. "Because our partners enjoy the freedom to craft different storylines for players, fans will see how each game’s new version of Captain America is sharply distinct from one another but still completely authentic to the ‘Living Legend’ we all know and love."

:whee:

Netflix Explains Whey They Didn't Pick Up Agent Carter

Recently Ted Sarandos, the chief content officer for Netflix, spoke to EW about why they chose to pass on the fan-favorite series.

“We’re looking for truly original brands to own,” he says, “and in that Marvel space we already have [original comic book shows] – so that was mostly why.”

“They also have some output deal complexities,” he adds. “So when you pick it up, being able to pick it up globally is difficult even after it’s canceled. Some of those output partners still had it on the air, so they would argue it's covered by their output [deals]. Unfortunately, it was a business decision more than a creative one.”

:(

Netflix Explains Whey They Didn't Pick Up Agent Carter

Recently Ted Sarandos, the chief content officer for Netflix, spoke to EW about why they chose to pass on the fan-favorite series.

“We’re looking for truly original brands to own,” he says, “and in that Marvel space we already have [original comic book shows] – so that was mostly why.”

“They also have some output deal complexities,” he adds. “So when you pick it up, being able to pick it up globally is difficult even after it’s canceled. Some of those output partners still had it on the air, so they would argue it's covered by their output [deals]. Unfortunately, it was a business decision more than a creative one.”

Really hoping they find a way to sneak her into Agents of Shield. A nice flashback, maybe a little time travel?

Agent Carter: Hayley Atwell Says She ‘Would Be Very Happy’ To Return

Even though she’s been cast in Conviction, another ABC series, Atwell wasn’t then, and isn’t now, ready to give up on bringing Agent Carter back. While at a panel during the TCA’s Summer Press Tour, The Wrap details Atwell’s drive to keep Peggy Carter alive and on screen in some capacity. Noting that Agent Carter‘s shelf life at ABC was always unclear, Atwell added:

“We felt by the end of the second season, that it was always one of those much-loved but little kind of places in the world of ABC. It was always very much up in the air… All I’m saying is that it’s still a much loved show for the people involved with the making of it, and we know that the fans, it has a special place in their hearts. That’s something I would be very happy to go back to if the opportunity came.”

Back at MegaCon in Orlando earlier this summer, Atwell also said she’d do “whatever it takes” to get a third season for the fan-favorite series.

Agent Carter: Hayley Atwell Says She ‘Would Be Very Happy’ To Return

Even though she’s been cast in Conviction, another ABC series, Atwell wasn’t then, and isn’t now, ready to give up on bringing Agent Carter back. While at a panel during the TCA’s Summer Press Tour, The Wrap details Atwell’s drive to keep Peggy Carter alive and on screen in some capacity. Noting that Agent Carter‘s shelf life at ABC was always unclear, Atwell added:

“We felt by the end of the second season, that it was always one of those much-loved but little kind of places in the world of ABC. It was always very much up in the air… All I’m saying is that it’s still a much loved show for the people involved with the making of it, and we know that the fans, it has a special place in their hearts. That’s something I would be very happy to go back to if the opportunity came.”

Back at MegaCon in Orlando earlier this summer, Atwell also said she’d do “whatever it takes” to get a third season for the fan-favorite series.

It sounds like she's already making a fallback plan if her new show doesn't do well.

Hayley Atwell Returning As Agent Carter

Hayley Atwell is officially returning as fan-favorite Agent Carter. However, this time she will be voicing an animated version.

Marvel Animation announced that they will welcome Marvel’s very own Hayley Atwell back to the beloved role as SSR’s greatest asset as the voice of Agent Carter on Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars.

In Atwell's episode, past and present collide as Howard Stark and Peggy Carter team-up with Iron Man and Captain America to stop Kang the Conqueror.

Marvel Head Of TV Explains Why Agent Carter Was Cancelled

In a recent chat with Entertainment Weekly, Jeph Loeb spoke to the site and explained why Agent Carter was not renewed for a third season.

“Unlike the movie studio where they can say, ‘In 2019 we’re making Captain Marvel,’ the television division doesn’t have that ability,” Loeb explained. “We are, at the end of the day, beholden to the network that we’re on. So for all of you Agent Carter fans out there, we didn’t cancel the show.”

So, it seems that ABC was the one who had the final call on whether Agent Carter would live to see another day. Clearly, they did not do the Hawkeye by making a different call. Although news broke that Netflix had even looked into the show. However, the streaming site ultimately passed on the project, and Netflix’s chief content officer said the decision came down to originality.

“We’re looking for truly original brands to own,” he said, “and in that Marvel space we already have [original comic book shows] – so that was mostly why.”

“They also have some output deal complexities,” he added. “So when you pick it up, being able to pick it up globally is difficult even after it’s canceled. Some of those output partners still had it on the air, so they would argue it's covered by their output [deals]. Unfortunately, it was a business decision more than a creative one.”

So the animated show will have to be the near-term substitute for now (Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars, the fourth season of Disney xD’s Avengers Assemble).