• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Agent Carter on ABC Spoiler-filled Thread (Sneak Peek Preview released)
2 2

513 posts in this topic

Marvel's Agent Carter: Better Angels Synopsis Released

ABC has released the official synopsis for the third episode of Agent Carter Season 2, titled “Better Angels.”

The synopsis seems to hint at an appearance from Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, and references something called Zero Matter:

"Peggy’s search for the truth about Zero Matter puts her on a collision course with her superiors as Howard Stark barnstorms in."

Agent Carter returns to ABC on Jan. 19, with a two-hour premiere starting at 9 p.m. ET.

Agent Carter EPs Discuss Show's Connection To Doctor Strange And The Marvel Cinematic Universe

The showrunners also spoke about Peggy Carter’s other MCU connections, such as her appearance in last year’s Ant-Man.

“It's funny. In the earlier Marvel movies, it was Coulson that kind of connected everything, and then at some point it feels like it became Peggy,” Butters said. “Just as a viewer, I have to say I love it. For my kids, who are eight and ten, they started watching Agent Carter first, and then wanted to watch all the movies that Peggy was in. It was how they got into the Marvel Universe.”

Agent Carter returns on Jan. 19 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

The two episodes shown last night were a mixed bag. Hated the opening to the Season Premiere. Another Ham-fisted brawl like last season. I really don't know what I want from the show but that just looks like Kraft. Now her driving around talking with Jarvis, I could watch all day. She's such a breath of fresh air and the move to California I like. I just don't want her throwing haymakers. lol Seems so off. Now the fight in the second episode when she took on three guys was a little bit more realistic and the chemistry she had with the Scientist, two big thumbs up.

The two episodes shown last night were a mixed bag. Hated the opening to the Season Premiere. Another Ham-fisted brawl like last season. I really don't know what I want from the show but that just looks like Kraft. Now her driving around talking with Jarvis, I could watch all day. She's such a breath of fresh air and the move to California I like. I just don't want her throwing haymakers. lol Seems so off. Now the fight in the second episode when she took on three guys was a little bit more realistic and the chemistry she had with the Scientist, two big thumbs up.

I finally got through both episodes.

I like that it is a period piece. Even the characters on the fringe fit the times. Unfortunately, that included the scene when Peggy went into the restaurant with the African-American character, and the owner told him to quiet down while he checked if she was okay. It just reflects the period this show is taking place, without ignoring it as if it never occurred. It wouldn't feel like a sincere show if it avoided factoring that into the story.

Was that group of men making decisions on a business moving forward or not the early development of Hydra? I wasn't sure. But it seemed like they were part of an organization looking to influence events of the times, like the stock market crash they mentioned.

The Zero Matter part of the story and Madame Masque could be interesting. Especially since they are joined together now.

But last night's episode took a slight ratings hit.

Agent Carter Returns to Lows

Marvel’s Agent Carter opened Season 2 on Tuesday night with 3.3 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating — down about half from its series debut.

The premiere’s second hour drew 3 mil and a 0.9, marking series lows. The spy drama’s freshman finale left off with 4 mil and a 1.3.

Opening ABC’s night, that Captain America special did 3.2 mil and a 0.9.

Cinema Blend goes into greater detail about the ratings last night.

Agent Carter Season 2 Ratings: Is There An Issue Here?

The concern for Agent Carter is only increased when looking at the episode’s rating among adults between 18-49. Variety is reporting that Season 2 kicked off with a .9 rating among adults, which is fairly tragic compared to other superhero series. So, what exactly happening at ABC that is resulting in these numbers?

To start, DC and Marvel had a major battle for viewership last night. The two-hour premiere of Agent Carter was preceded by a special titled “Marvel’s Captain America: 75 Heroic Years”. The Captain America special drew in similarly poor numbers, and since so few people were watching the special, it didn’t give a boost to Agent Carter’s premiere.

The CW was airing an entire night of new footage and sneak peeks for their upcoming Extended Universe at the exact same time as Agent Carter titled “Dawn of The Justice League”. This special provided much more juicy programming for comic book fans, including new footage from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an amazing trailer for Suicide Squad, and announcements regarding which DC heroes will be joining the Justice League and having their own spin-off films. How was Agent Carter supposed to compete with the slew of nerd fodder that the CW was whipping out?

Next week's episode could be more telling without the specials distracting viewers.

And apparantly few on these boards have yet to watch these episodes based on the conversation here. I was DVRing the Justic League special and watching this live. Great night of television for us Superhero types.

Yes sir. Programming like this (with two television networks airing competing DC and Marvel properties at the same time) was unthinkable even five years ago, let alone in 1978 when we were treated with the Reb Brown version of Captain America on TV. God it sucked so bad, but we would take any suckage in those days.

I finally got through both episodes.

I like that it is a period piece. Even the characters on the fringe fit the times. Unfortunately, that included the scene when Peggy went into the restaurant with the African-American character, and the owner told him to quiet down while he checked if she was okay. It just reflects the period this show is taking place, without ignoring it as if it never occurred. It wouldn't feel like a sincere show if it avoided factoring that into the story.

Was that group of men making decisions on a business moving forward or not the early development of Hydra? I wasn't sure. But it seemed like they were part of an organization looking to influence events of the times, like the stock market crash they mentioned.

The Zero Matter part of the story and Madame Masque could be interesting. Especially since they are joined together now.

But last night's episode took a slight ratings hit.

Agent Carter Returns to Lows

Marvel’s Agent Carter opened Season 2 on Tuesday night with 3.3 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating — down about half from its series debut.

The premiere’s second hour drew 3 mil and a 0.9, marking series lows. The spy drama’s freshman finale left off with 4 mil and a 1.3.

Opening ABC’s night, that Captain America special did 3.2 mil and a 0.9.

The lapel pin they were all wearing looks an awful lot like the "v" or inverted "v" symbol that was part of Hydra on AOS this past season so I think they are Hydra. I wonder if they will ever have the actor who played Zola show up on this period piece show?

And apparantly few on these boards have yet to watch these episodes based on the conversation here. I was DVRing the Justic League special and watching this live. Great night of television for us Superhero types.

I had watched it and really enjoyed it, thought it was a very strong start. I hope the ratings improve as the unfolding plot has great potential.

I especially liked the atomic test footage. I love Cold War history and I've spent endless hours watching this kind of film and I thought its look and the "anomaly" had great authenticity.

I just finished the 2-hour premiere. Something missing from last season. Can't figure out what it is.

It isn't "new" and "fresh" is one thing missing as it is year 2 of the series. (shrug)

I watched the 2 hour opening shows, I enjoyed it.