• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

nothing today. would be nice if my SS at least sent me a PM to let me know what's going on.

Sorry to hear that Pirate. I have never understood the small minority (luckily, a very small group), of participants that dont send pms that the items will be late, or follow up pms thanking people for their gift. It lacks common courtesy. (shrug)

Not revealing who you were a SS for before Christmas is part of the fun If a gift might be late some boardies have asked other boardies to send a pm on their behalf to keep the secret But 3 days after Christmas a good Santa should be humping their pm button to Pirate.

Seems that every year there are a few Santa that fail to perform. It's possible Pirate's Santa is one of them. I'm sure GG will make sure everyone gets a gift.

Hey boys and girls

Every year we have members whose stories change after the raffle is finished in regards to shipping or an issue with what they offered.

It ruins the experience of other participants and it creates more headaches for good 'ol Gift Guardian. With that being said any member who doesn't fulfill their promised donation will be precluded from participating in next year's raffle and exchange.

Santa demands accountability.

GG

someone trick GG into giving up the name of my SS.

Just ask him, no biggie.

I have.

You haven't received your gift yet. I won't give you the name of your SS because I try and fix things privately. Let's keep it to PM.

Thanks

GG

GG is a class act and dealing with it in the right way. No drama and keep quibbles in PM. Where they belong

The postman brought my secret santa package today :whee:

I asked for nothing special, but mentioned that Michael Turner and Don Rosa are my favorite artists, so I couldn't wait to see what was inside and when I opened the package I found :

8atrtkma.jpg

- several german and international Witchblade, Magdalena and Tomb Raider/Witchblade issues with Michael Turners cover artwork ( among them an Infinity Witchblade #1 :)

- Wonder Woman #274 CGC 9.6 - but not any Wonder Woman #274 , this is the copy from Don Rosas personal collection. I was so amazed when I saw the certificate and realized what it was for (worship)

I have a lot of Mr. Rosas work, special editions, some of his original art, even statues and vinyls but a book from the Don Rosa pedigree was still on my want list - until today. :cloud9:

Palamas you really really hit the bull's eye with this present, thank you very very much.

So we can remove a very happy me from the list of boardies who don't have their package yet :)

Just ask him, no biggie.

I have.

You haven't received your gift yet. I won't give you the name of your SS because I try and fix things privately. Let's keep it to PM.

Thanks

GG

GG is a class act and dealing with it in the right way. No drama and keep quibbles in PM. Where they belong

If I were running it, there would be a name or two being smeared right now. :sumo:

GG is a saint. :cloud9:

Just ask him, no biggie.

I have.

Thanks

GG

If I were running it, there would be a name or two being smeared right now. :sumo:

GG is a saint. :cloud9:

Yeah, he's much better than that tyrant Holiday_Ham was. That guy... :mad:

List of boardies still waiting for their gifts to arrive:

Pirate

Chadwick

Barth

Flatliner1313

*Please edit and add your name to the list.*

Any updates?

Actually I'm still waiting for the actual gift, I just got a substitute gift because my SS knew the other one would not arrive in time. Just saying...

Pirate

Chadwick

Barth

Flatliner1313

Any updates?

Actually I'm still waiting for the actual gift, I just got a substitute gift because my SS knew the other one would not arrive in time. Just saying...

So you've already gotten a gift, but you're adding your SS back on the list because he was nice enough to send an extra because of the shipping delay?

Maybe you shouldn't say anything.

Pirate

Chadwick

Barth

Flatliner1313

Any updates?

So you've already gotten a gift, but you're adding your SS back on the list because he was nice enough to send an extra because of the shipping delay?

Maybe you shouldn't say anything.

doh! ships the first one ground (accidentally) OVERSEAS and so rather than just sending you a pm he sends you a second package via air so you get it in time and that isn't good enough...

I don't think that was meant to be rude or unappreciative. It is a fact that they are still waiting for the SS present to arrive. Perhaps a note to each one would make it less traumatic such as

Black Lantern (extra gift received, known shipping delays on main gift)

or for another person (made up example)

JoeBlow (no contact from SS)

I'm sure Black Lantern didn't mean anything more than what he said; the first gift hasn't arrived.

His SS was extremely kind to send a second gift and BL knows this and previously posted that he is very appreciative. 2c

I should probably just not say anything and let everyone enjoy the holidays but I'm thinking this will be my last year participating. People not sending out their gifts, people complaining about their gifts, and people immediately throwing up their gifts on EBay has pretty much taken the fun out it for me.

Again, thanks to GG for putting up with all the drama and to my SS for the great gift.

I should probably just not say anything and let everyone enjoy the holidays but I'm thinking this will be my last year participating. People not sending out their gifts, people complaining about their gifts, and people immediately throwing up their gifts on EBay has pretty much taken the fun out it for me.

Again, thanks to GG for putting up with all the drama and to my SS for the great gift.

Seriously?? (Bolded part) I was unaware that happened though I expected it from a few. I sent my Secret Santa their present early and they opened it early and took part of it out and sent it to his Secret Santa which arrived after Christmas as an added bonus. The worst part is that what he sent them was nowhere in their wish list or collection focus. :sorry:

I still think it is a small minority that do this sort of thing. The active board members that interact a lot and not sellers only, seem to really enjoy the exchange and put a lot of effort into it.

I sent my Secret Santa their present early and they opened it early and took part of it out and sent it to his Secret Santa which arrived after Christmas as an added bonus. The worst part is that what he sent them was nowhere in their wish list or collection focus. :sorry:

:facepalm: