• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

Please,no deadbeats this year.A few very gracious board members took on quite a few extra gifts because others were not willing to send a gift.I'm sure they recieved a gift though. meh

I'm just saying if you wanna play,you gotta play by the rules. :preach:

I'm done. :foryou:

Please,no deadbeats this year.A few very gracious board members took on quite a few extra gifts because others were not willing to send a gift.I'm sure they recieved a gift though. meh

Agreed. I was dissapointed in the ones that left fellow members hanging but as usual the board rallied to get them some cool gifts :)

This issue arose last year due to one member claiming to help the shortfall in the raffle by making multiple donations and not following through after the fact. It becomes burdensome on members to make up for those who don't donate, which is completely voluntary.

I considered making it a "pay to play", where a donation enters you into the raffle, which depending on how this year goes I may implement next year.

What stands out is when we caught wind that gifts weren't being honored, the barrage of PMs from members wanting to step up and help was incredible. A negative was turned into a positive by the rally of our eclectic and sometimes curmudgeonly community.

Tis the season

GG

Just make sure you checked the yes option to be a backup Santa (thumbs u

Was that for me? (shrug) I did. I filled in for one of the people last year when they didnt get something. I also donated four donations to this years raffle to help make sure everyone gets something.

Was that for me? (shrug) I did. I filled in for one of the people last year when they didnt get something. I also donated four donations to this years raffle to help make sure everyone gets something.

Whoa, It was a friendly suggestion for everyone.

Whoa, It was a friendly suggestion for everyone.

lol my bad Hado. I was like... What did i do? This is a great time of year and for those that this is your first time, you will enjoy it. :)

Is there a raffle thread somewhere already ? I haven't seen it. I too am going to donate to the raffle.... but I'm not doing the exchange :(