• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK fall featured auction

144 posts in this topic

Speaking about iron man heck pages, anyone watch the Kirby Iron man page inked by Heck? Anyone else surprised it only went for around 12k? Those pages just don't exist, but it goes for what a good but common ff page sells for. Why no love for Iron Man considering its rarity?

Ironman or hulk really, yes I thought the kirby iron man should have done around 16k. You're right there aren't that many.....and Mach 1 suit to boot!

You could even add in the whole creative team who came up with iron man (kirby, heck, lee) all involved with that page.

The TOS with iron man happy and pepper? I thought that went cheap, it'll probably show up on a dealer site.

I was the underbidder. Was outbid with 5 seconds left and couldn't bid again in time.

That's lame, that's the problem with they're auction site.....you missed out on a great piece, the seller and clink missed out on a higher sale.

Really great page, by iron man's co-creator, and creator of happy and pepper and tony stark as well as being very early with a nice close up and good page arrangement.....I really think it should have gone higher......I know a lot of collectors aren't nostalgic for Don Heck, but at some point something's gotta give....that's right at the beginning of his peak and a historic period for marvel!

Kay cera.

TALES OF SUSPENSE #56 PAGE 2 $3,493 $3,436 11/19/2014 12/4/2014 Ended

The TOS with iron man happy and pepper? I thought that went cheap, it'll probably show up on a dealer site.

I was the underbidder. Was outbid with 5 seconds left and couldn't bid again in time.

That's lame, that's the problem with they're auction site.....you missed out on a great piece, the seller and clink missed out on a higher sale.

Really great page, by iron man's co-creator, and creator of happy and pepper and tony stark as well as being very early with a nice close up and good page arrangement.....I really think it should have gone higher......I know a lot of collectors aren't nostalgic for Don Heck, but at some point something's gotta give....that's right at the beginning of his peak and a historic period for marvel!

..... actual art from the early Iron Man Heck on Heck period is a real treat IMHO..... Oh for the days when pages would sit on eBay for $ 850 a pop. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Speaking about iron man heck pages, anyone watch the Kirby Iron man page inked by Heck? Anyone else surprised it only went for around 12k? Those pages just don't exist, but it goes for what a good but common ff page sells for. Why no love for Iron Man considering its rarity?

Not that good of a page. Quality is at least equal to rarity, probably trumps rarity.

Kay cera.

Que sera. Fixed that for ya :baiting:

Not that good of a page. Quality is at least equal to rarity, probably trumps rarity.

Maybe, But it had him fighting kirby machinery in every panel with gadgets and had that beautiful head shot that made the cover of the catalogue. It was a good page, and it was the only one like it offered in almost a decade from what I can see. Think that was a steal.

Maybe, But it had him fighting kirby machinery in every panel with gadgets and had that beautiful head shot that made the cover of the catalogue. It was a good page, and it was the only one like it offered in almost a decade from what I can see. Think that was a steal.

If you felt this strongly about the page then why did you sell it to the consignor in the first place?

Early iron mans are considerably undervalued. Especially the cool very early pages done by Heck.

I think it has to do with too little love for Heck. But the value of most comic OA is based on its visual appeal and its cultural significance. Kirby gets more love naturally because his stuff was more often great. But when somebody like Heck does a really good piece that is iconic (and he did, often enough) it should get more respect than it does. But people develop skewed valuations, sometimes, and if one or two guys express their dislike for something (or someone) enough it tends to make others shy away even if their gut tells 'em it should be worth more

Case in point: Feelings against Vince Colletta on kirby pencils may be somewhat justified but it's out of balance. And it has kept many Kirby Thor pages well below what they should be. You can actually get a really good iconic Thor page from the 60s for less than you'd have to pay to get some pages from obscure 70s Kirby series. Even, sometimes, when the Thor page has better images and Colletta's inks are not bad.

Yet, Colletta inks on FF pages don't seem to drive down the value nearly as much, even though it can be argued that he nearly destroyed the aesthetics of the piece. I remember reading the VC inked books and finding it almost painful to look at the art). I never had the same level of feeling about his inks on Thor, where he was pretty much the go-to guy for the lion's share of Kirby's tenure on the book

Kay cera.

I think he was referring to a girl named Kay Cera. Marvel artist who did touch-up work on Iron Man pages to supplement her income as an exotic dancer, until she left the business to give birth to a baby named Michael, who want on to become a Hollywood actor

Kay cera.

I think he was referring to a girl named Kay Cera. Marvel artist who did touch-up work on Iron Man pages to supplement her income as an exotic dancer, until she left the business to give birth to a baby named Michael, who want on to become a Hollywood actor

Cera and Heck were an item for a while in the early Silver Age (some trace Heck's decline to their break-up, which was not pretty by all accounts). Supposedly the Black Widow was modeled on her.

Kay cera.

Cera and Heck were an item for a while in the early Silver Age (some trace Heck's decline to their break-up, which was not pretty by all accounts). Supposedly the Black Widow was modeled on her.

Heck went into a depression when he learned the baby was not his. Nobody knows who is Michael's father. Rumors say it was Vince Colletta.or Jim Steranko, but Kay would never say

Fascinating; had no idea

Unless its another Michael Cera or there's some nefarious backstory to the only famous Michael Cera I'm aware of, something doesn't make sense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cera

Cera was born in Brampton, Ontario. He is the son of Linda (née Cockman) and Luigi Cera, a technician. His father is Sicilian,[2] and his mother has Irish, Dutch, Scottish, and English ancestry.[3][4] His parents both worked for Xerox.[5] Cera has an older sister, Jordan, and a younger sister, Molly.

Fascinating; had no idea

Unless its another Michael Cera or there's some nefarious backstory to the only famous Michael Cera I'm aware of, something doesn't make sense:

Cera was born in Brampton, Ontario. He is the son of Linda (née Cockman) and Luigi Cera, a technician. His father is Sicilian,[2] and his mother has Irish, Dutch, Scottish, and English ancestry.[3][4] His parents both worked for Xerox.[5] Cera has an older sister, Jordan, and a younger sister, Molly.

:facepalm:

:news:

:jokealert:

:doh:

Fascinating; had no idea

:facepalm:

:news:

:jokealert:

:doh:

The price of comedy via Internet.