• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK fall featured auction

144 posts in this topic

How often do you get sniped on the low end (under $500) pieces on Clink? I have an office party to go to and probably won't be bidding at the end live, so I have to put in my final bids a few hours early. Hope I can still win something. lol

Got a smartphone? I won my most recent CLink item from my iphone.

How often do you get sniped on the low end (under $500) pieces on Clink? I have an office party to go to and probably won't be bidding at the end live, so I have to put in my final bids a few hours early. Hope I can still win something. lol

I'm in the same boat a lot of times. At that point I either just put in my "no regrets" best offer and forgo trying to get the piece for the cheapest price by sneaking in as it closes and just throwing my best money at it, hoping it doesn't get bid up, but being comfortable if I have to pay near or at my maximum offer or run the risk of getting outbid by the next increment to my best offer.

Or, I simply refrain from bidding if it's just impulsive stuff I'm trying to get a bargain on, and rather than run the prices up and ruin the opportunity for another collector/buyer as well as inflate the marketplace, I simply abstain and remain on the sidelines.

yeah, im watching a couple of the Heck pieces.....other than the spidey (with romita) they are sittin low. once the auction starts though could be a different story.....hopefully stuff doesnt go low and end up at heritage, I always feel bad for the sellers when that happens.

I got a Buscema, not maybe another!

I was underbidder on one as well!

which one?

I was underbidder on one of the KANG pages, and also the Thor page with Warriors Three I think.

Oh, you mean which one did I win? Avengers 268 page 7. I have no idea the market but I wanted the page and it is a good time now for that for me!

I have 5 pieces up for sale in this auction and 4 have closed already. I will end up more or less breaking even on my cost after fees with gains of 33%, 10% and 2% gains on 3 pieces and a 20% loss on one piece. I expect the final piece to finish with a slight gain. Overall happy to not lose money but surprised at how cheap a few of the pieces closed at. I never seem to hit a home run with no reserve auctions.

Who ever outbid me on the Avengers #10 page...I hate you . Nice pickup and think of me if you ever decide to sell.

Jay

Good price I think, I thought 6500, no I didn't get it.

I dropped out at $5300.

Im trying to figure out how the Spectacular Spiderman with mostly stats is over $5k...

I have 5 pieces up for sale in this auction and 4 have closed already. I will end up more or less breaking even on my cost after fees with gains of 33%, 10% and 2% gains on 3 pieces and a 20% loss on one piece. I expect the final piece to finish with a slight gain. Overall happy to not lose money but surprised at how cheap a few of the pieces closed at. I never seem to hit a home run with no reserve auctions.

I was the underbidder on your Nova panel page. I thought I had it for sure, but a last-minute bid prevailed. I should have bid higher. It was a really good-looking page.

I got a Buscema, not maybe another!

I was underbidder on one as well!

which one?

I was underbidder on one of the KANG pages, and also the Thor page with Warriors Three I think.

Oh, you mean which one did I win? Avengers 268 page 7. I have no idea the market but I wanted the page and it is a good time now for that for me!

Personally I think you can never go wrong with the Buscemi/Palmer combination on those Avengers. Big congrats !