• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK fall featured auction

144 posts in this topic

Who ever outbid me on the Avengers #10 page...I hate you . Nice pickup and think of me if you ever decide to sell.

Jay

Good price I think, I thought 6500, no I didn't get it.

I dropped out at $5300.

Im trying to figure out how the Spectacular Spiderman with mostly stats is over $5k...

I am a bit perplexed as well (shrug)

I have 5 pieces up for sale in this auction and 4 have closed already. I will end up more or less breaking even on my cost after fees with gains of 33%, 10% and 2% gains on 3 pieces and a 20% loss on one piece. I expect the final piece to finish with a slight gain. Overall happy to not lose money but surprised at how cheap a few of the pieces closed at. I never seem to hit a home run with no reserve auctions.

I was the underbidder on your Nova panel page. I thought I had it for sure, but a last-minute bid prevailed. I should have bid higher. It was a really good-looking page.

Lee,

That one wasn't mine. I don't like publicly identifying the specific pieces I sell after the fact, out of respect for the new owners. I do know the page you were talking about, really a nice page.

Chris

I was sniped on one other page. Didn't have enough time to bid again but I would have bid more. Comiclink would be great if they had a live auction like Heritage.

Agreed... they need that "going going... wait... going once, going twice, wait again..." system.

Also, because the art is sequential by artist, and only about 15 second breaks between auctions, if you like a run by a certain artist, you need to figure out how to quickly bid and multi-task across rapid fire closing auctions.

I really wanted that h g Peter Wonder Woman tier, it's already at 3300. My how those have gone up!

Don't hate me, but I won it. Now, I have to explain it to my wife. Hope she loves me a lot!

I really like Peter's odd art and I've wanted a piece for a long time. I finally got tired of waiting and watching them go higher every time.

I was sniped on one other page. Didn't have enough time to bid again but I would have bid more. Comiclink would be great if they had a live auction like Heritage.

Agreed... they need that "going going... wait... going once, going twice, wait again..." system.

Also, because the art is sequential by artist, and only about 15 second breaks between auctions, if you like a run by a certain artist, you need to figure out how to quickly bid and multi-task across rapid fire closing auctions.

They don't need live bidding. Just bid time extensions. If a bid comes arrives in the last X minutes then add Y minutes to the bidding,.Let it go on until X minutes pass on the last bid.

It would cost a lot less to add that to their system than to implement real live bidding with auctioneer and so on.

1 for 3 so far, even though one of the 3 got higher than what I was willing to bid so I didn't bid. The only other thing I am interested in is already at around my max, debating if I will make one minimum increment bid so that I have regrets..

Malvin

I really wanted that h g Peter Wonder Woman tier, it's already at 3300. My how those have gone up!

Don't hate me, but I won it. Now, I have to explain it to my wife. Hope she loves me a lot!

I really like Peter's odd art and I've wanted a piece for a long time. I finally got tired of waiting and watching them go higher every time.

Congratulations! They are superb. I passed on one a while ago thinking I could do better....what a mistake. The one you got is about as good a tier as you could get......just get your wife a copy of the new Wonder Woman book (it ties Wonder Woman to the history of feminism) and she won't bat an eyelash ;)

I thought the 3 Quesada Iron Man pieces went cheap. The Sal Buscema Thor splash was cheap, too. Though they all fell within my collecting interest, I bid on none of them because they weren't 'just right'.

I was interested in the Biz Doom Patrol cover, but once it broke 4k I was out. Though the close was probably about right, given what I've seen the last 2 go for through dealers, just too high for me.

Congratulations! They are superb. I passed on one a while ago thinking I could do better....what a mistake. The one you got is about as good a tier as you could get......just get your wife a copy of the new Wonder Woman book (it ties Wonder Woman to the history of feminism) and she won't bat an eyelash ;)

Here's the book http://www.amazon.com/Secret-History-Wonder-Woman/dp/0385354045/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417753147&sr=1-1&keywords=wonder+woman

I think that's a great buy, Wonder Woman has cultural relevance beyond fandom which will really come out over time....I recomend the book, it's a fascinating read.

I agree. I also passed up one or two in the past and have regreted it since. I also agree that this is about as good an example as their is. Hence, the willingness to reach. I have the book on my list.

I'm anxious to get it home, framed, and on the wall.

I was the underbidder on your Nova panel page. I thought I had it for sure, but a last-minute bid prevailed. I should have bid higher. It was a really good-looking page.

Lee,

That one wasn't mine. I don't like publicly identifying the specific pieces I sell after the fact, out of respect for the new owners. I do know the page you were talking about, really a nice page.

Chris

Whoops, sorry Chris! I got mixed-up. It's late and I should go to sleep. Take care! Cheers, Lee

The Adams Green Lantern is quite nice :cloud9:

Sold a year and a half ago (May 2013) on Heritage for $13K:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/neal-adams-and-bernie-wrightson-green-lantern-84-peril-in-plastic-page-7-original-art-dc-1971-/a/7076-92085.s

ouch, over a $3k loss (maybe $4k with fees). :o

Great last panel...classic Adams. Maybe collectors don't associate Wrightson with Adams GL which may explain decline (shrug) . Personally, I'd probably take Wrightson inks over anyone, including Adams himself.

The Mike Grell Warlord prelim splash from issue 4 looks like a steal at $175. Labeled as a prelim, but the pencils were fairly tight. It wasn't on my radar initially, but now regret not bidding doh!