• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,768 posts in this topic

What is the ratio in the Ms. Marvel #2? Campbell has been putting out a ton of covers lately, so not surprised that some are going under the radar.

I've seen it at a 1:20 and a 1:25. Midtown has them at $34 on their website, much cheaper on ebay.

1:20

They were selling for $25-30 the first week and the fact that Midtown still has them in stock tells me something.

What is the ratio in the Ms. Marvel #2? Campbell has been putting out a ton of covers lately, so not surprised that some are going under the radar.

I've seen it at a 1:20 and a 1:25. Midtown has them at $34 on their website, much cheaper on ebay.

They were selling for $25-30 the first week and the fact that Midtown still has them in stock tells me something.

Thanks. Have not been actively looking for it. Interesting that midtown still has them. lol

Thanks. Have not been actively looking for it. Interesting that midtown still has them. lol

Monday I got 2 copies at a LCS for $8 each, they must have had them on hold for someone, put them back on the shelf and thought the Marvel '92 variants weren't an incentive or that big of a deal. At that price I'll take 'em all day long

The Silk 1:25 is now listed at $100 on the bay. I didn't grab one at $40 when I should of. Anyone wanna sell a boardie one?

Wait two weeks...

Agreed. Don't be hasty when it comes to new release variants. The price will drop, traditionally they always do.

Have bought the last two Campbell's at an LCS for $15 each, Extraordinary X-Men and Ms. Marvel. Today I walked in and the Campbell variant for A-Force was $25. They are all the same ratios as the other two, aren't they? Am I gonna regret putting it back?

Jim

I managed to snag an ASM Black Cat #1 yesterday off the bay for $190... Had a $20 off coupon and $10 in eBay bucks... So I got it for $160... And I also got a Danger Girl GI Joe 3 Baroness variant for $7 earlier that morning... So Saturday was a happy day for me =)

No offense, but it is pretty hard to tell how "Nice Looking" that actually is from the picture...

Don't worry, they are going to ship a $150+ book First Class.

It's already $225+. :o

-J.

I asked the seller to post close ups of the spine. I'll have to pass on this one because of the top-left corner.

Jerome

I managed to snag an ASM Black Cat #1 yesterday off the bay for $190... Had a $20 off coupon and $10 in eBay bucks... So I got it for $160... And I also got a Danger Girl GI Joe 3 Baroness variant for $7 earlier that morning... So Saturday was a happy day for me =)

Great price on the black cat blackcat #1

No offense, but it is pretty hard to tell how "Nice Looking" that actually is from the picture...

-J.

I asked the seller to post close ups of the spine. I'll have to pass on this one because of the top-left corner.

Jerome

There's an outside chance it could still pull a 9.8 with that. I have 9.8's that have one light spine stress like that. A 9.8 is not a perfect book.

-J.

-J.

Jerome

There's an outside chance it could still pull a 9.8 with that. I have 9.8's that have one light spine stress like that. A 9.8 is not a perfect book.

-J.

hm Will this hit 300+ raw

-J.

Jerome

-J.

True true, my ASM 678 9.8 has a similar spine tick, but I'd rather pass on it and wait for another. I remember one of the first books I subbed was imho flawless and it came back with a dreaded 9.6.

I have also subbed a bunch of UF4's recently, expected 9.8's on those only to get 9.2's and 9.4s. It's made me a bit more gun-shy from here on out.

Jerome