• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,777 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 7:08 AM, IbukiLord said:

Got this one in today

20240522-105218-HDR2.jpg

That's Campbell correct? 💯 ah whoops was on my phone and didn't notice what thread we were in lol 

I remember it vaguely as it was back in 2014? or just thereafter? I remember I bought a Black Bat from dynamic forces as well :) 

@IbukiLord cool book though :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/22/2024 at 7:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's Campbell correct? 💯 ah whoops was on my phone and didn't notice what thread we were in lol 

I remember it vaguely as it was back in 2014? or just thereafter? I remember I bought a Black Bat from dynamic forces as well :) 

@IbukiLord cool book though :) 

"black BAT" not black cat, excuse me lol 

On 7/21/2024 at 7:53 PM, Jose2099 said:

IMG_5204.thumb.jpeg.f8f910fb3008e1ee8889c7a529337874.jpegIMG_5205.thumb.jpeg.ab35432c825570f5cfbcaa145e84b7e5.jpeg

Spent the extra money to get the autograph grade as well. 9/10. Go figure.

Nice to see it on a slab!! I up to this point had only seen it on a graded card :cheers: idk the grade criteria, maybe the C covering part of the art? How literal will they take it with "busy" covers? lol but I admire the pluck to get it done. Will find out in the future if anything comes of it, but prayers for a benefit somehow. :headbang: 

Nice looking book! I like it for homely type atmosphere and how far we've come with ASM, until Campbell had posted about it, however, I was unaware of it :sorry: here is what my card looks like, it got a 10 but idk lol(shrug) card grade 9 and of course auto grade on back :) 

GetImage.aspx?c=3976869&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Good evening, everyone. Here are some books I’ve picked up in the past couple of months. Unfortunately, my Uncle Scrooge book was damaged in shipping! Looks liked someone drove/rode over it. I plan on submitting for his private signing in October too. Hopefully, CGC doesn’t lose one of my books like they did two years ago. 

IMG_5867.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5854.jpeg

On 7/22/2024 at 12:35 AM, Otter1775 said:

Good evening, everyone. Here are some books I’ve picked up in the past couple of months. Unfortunately, my Uncle Scrooge book was damaged in shipping! Looks liked someone drove/rode over it. I plan on submitting for his private signing in October too. Hopefully, CGC doesn’t lose one of my books like they did two years ago. 

IMG_5867.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5854.jpeg

Update:

Emailed the J. Scott Campbell store on Wednesday and provided photos of the damaged box and book. I inquired if anything could be done, which they provided me a package slip and once they receive my damaged book, they’ll send out another to me, which I was taken aback by. Awesome customer service!!!!