• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if it's gonna stream? I didn't see a page for it on Hulu.

CBS has its own $5.95/month streaming service so I don;t see it being on Hulu anytime soon, although Hulu does have a page for the show and links you to CBS.

CBS also has free viewing but not sure how many eps Supergirl will have there before you have to subscribe. To watch the pilot streaming on CBS go to:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/video/92C4EB54-8372-A474-3F03-8CA1385134F3/supergirl-pilot/

The above link is via the free www.cbs.com site. No idea if it will continue there for free though.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Watched it OTA and was shocked at how many commercials there are, though. Pretty much all my watching is via Hulu (commercial free version)/Netflix/Amazon so am just not used to that quantity of commercials.

On another note, it looks like our girl is a whisky (or scotch?) drinker. The bottle has the appearance of Johnnie Walker Black and Kara seems to have already gone through a fair bit of it over time. Whohoo!

supergirl-whisk_zpssncpevmz.jpg

On another note, it looks like our girl is a whisky (or scotch?) drinker. The bottle has the appearance of Johnnie Walker Black and Kara seems to have already gone through a fair bit of it over time. Whohoo!

I noticed the same thing. Even though she poured a glass (no ice) for her sister and not for herself, the inference is that the half empty bottle presumably is being consumed by Kara, at least in part. Taking a page from Tony Stark's playbook?

Picking an actress with a noticeable scar (or heroine is supposed to be invulnerable, plus it's an easily identified facial feature)?

-slym

She was only invulnerable when she hit Earth, so probably a childhood scar. And she is wearing glasses, which are known to cloud the observer's mind.

Very entertaining and great special effects!

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere here among the 84 pages - but did Kara spend 24 years trapped in the Phantom Zone in the Action #252 origin story?

I forgot - in the DC universe, glasses are as good as a full-facemask.

:D

-slym

I think she's pretty - and really into the role.

I'd give her some slack.

Glad you're back to your old name - great handle!

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere here among the 84 pages - but did Kara spend 24 years trapped in the Phantom Zone in the Action #252 origin story?

No. In Action 252 Argo City survived the destruction of Krypton and became an isolated city in space, surrounded by a force field. Years later a meteor penetrated the field and Kara was shot to Earth in a rocket.

You can read the whole synopsis here:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Comics_Vol_1_252

I noticed the same thing. Even though she poured a glass (no ice) for her sister and not for herself, the inference is that the half empty bottle presumably is being consumed by Kara, at least in part. Taking a page from Tony Stark's playbook?

lol The first thing that came to my mind was a Marvel/DC Tony/Kara crossover.

So bored with these Superhero TV shows already. Helen Slater is aging well (she was such a fox back in the 80's) but Dean Cain is looking a little rough these days.

I don't know. My wife freaked out when Dean Cain showed on the screen. Apparently he still looks good to the Ladies.

No. In Action 252 Argo City survived the destruction of Krypton and became an isolated city in space, surrounded by a force field. Years later a meteor penetrated the field and Kara was shot to Earth in a rocket.

You can read the whole synopsis here:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Comics_Vol_1_252

Thanks! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Actually, I think that's Johnnie Blue - she's a high rollin assistant!!!

Picking an actress with a noticeable scar (our heroine is supposed to be invulnerable, plus it's an easily identified facial feature)?

-slym

100% agree with this! For some reason it bothers me far more than it should. I get the explanation that it could be a childhood scar, and yet it still seems a bit odd.

Actually, I think that's Johnnie Blue - she's a high rollin assistant!!!

Of all the Walker colors the Black is the only one with a dark stripe on the lower label. It doesn't actually look like any of the JWs, just very similar, which is why I said it has the "appearance of Johnnie Walker Black". But I am only going by web images of the products so am by no means expert.

Of all the Walker colors the Black is the only one with a dark stripe on the lower label. It doesn't actually look like any of the JWs, just very similar, which is why I said it has the "appearance of Johnnie Walker Black". But I am only going by web images of the products so am by no means expert.

Yeah I'm sure it's neither since it's TV. I just looked like a navyish label to me and that's what I thought during the show. I don't know hardly anything about scotch.