• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

It's Supergirl... If it ended up worse than a remake of the Helen Slater movie without Helen Slater, I'd still watch it every week ;)
Me too. Even if she battled Microwave Man from the terrible Superboy series, I'd catch it. Melissa is gonna carry this show as long as her star stays bright. My 2c

We PVR'd it and watched the pilot as a family tonight. My 11 year old daughter and wife both really liked the show. If they can attract female viewers the show will have some staying power.

It's Supergirl... If it ended up worse than a remake of the Helen Slater movie without Helen Slater, I'd still watch it every week ;)
Me too. Even if she battled Microwave Man from the terrible Superboy series, I'd catch it. Melissa is gonna carry this show as long as her star stays bright. My 2c

hm

"Hello...? CBS...? I've got an idea to pitch..."

hm

Since it's CBS...

A Walker: Texas Ranger team-up against the Kryptonian escapees.

But, the whole plotline would be over in three minutes.

hm

Since it's CBS...

A Walker: Texas Ranger team-up against the Kryptonian escapees.

But, the whole plotline would be over in three minutes.

Supergirl & Texas Ranger Vs Microwave Man & Some Random Fort Ross Escapee... I like it (thumbs u

;)

I watched episode 2 with my kids last night. They love the show, which makes it all the more enjoyable for me. Plenty of Supergirl flying around! This isn't a Kara Danvers show (much like what "Lois & Clark" and "Smallville" was) -- this is about the superhero as much as her alter ego. Visually, it's "bright" to watch -- not that dark, muted stuff we see on Gotham, DK, MOS, Arrow, Daredevil and to some extent MAOS. Melissa Benoist is really owning the role of Kara Zor-El, to the point that when I see her in that costume, her vibrancy reminds me a lot of Christopher Reeve (not Brandon Routh or Henry Cavil) as Superman. (Yes, it's perfectly OK for superheroes to smile.) The FX have been surprisingly good; the fight scene choreography is also good; and as of episode 2 we've got high quality villains being thrown in. There are still imperfections (e.g., pacing is too fast; writing could be more complex), but this show is a bit of a throw-back to the fun of "Hey Kids, Comics!" while still having a modern feel to it.

I didn't get to see Episode 2. But it sounds like plenty of other viewers did. And the wait sounds worth it.

‘Supergirl’ Boss Talks Surprising Episode 2 Showdown and Kara’s Family Drama

The “Supergirl” premiere soared to the highest ratings of the fall last week in total viewers, but a meteoric rise only increases the pressure to stick the landing when viewers tune back in for episode two. Luckily, exec producers Ali Adler, Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter leapt that hurdle in a single bound, delivering a second episode that doubled-down on the pilot’s action and heart — most notably by bringing our titular heroine Kara (Melissa Benoist) face to face with her villainous aunt Astra (Laura Benanti), instead of delaying gratification on that showdown for multiple episodes just to ratchet up the tension.

OK

What do the red eyes mean? Is Hank an evil Cyborg?

and my husband thinks Calista is great, she's campy evil and has "something"

Hank Henshaw is the Cyborg SUperman from the comics. So I'm guessing that is what they are alluding to.