• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I enjoyed Ep 2 every bit as much as I did Ep 1, which was a lot. It has feel good moments and darker moments, but even the darker ones feel lighter than the more heavy handed moments of shows like GOTHAM or MAOS. There is a pervading sense of optimism which I am really drawn to. Like having a light sorbet after a heavy meal.

I liked the show. Sure, she is a little over eager and annoying, but that will get ironed out.

She's a female J. Jonah Jameson. Nothing wrong with that.

i'm talking about kara/supergirl.

flockhart is playing her part fine

Originally Posted By: FineCollector

I don't mean to be critical, but how did she go from getting her ### handed to her to trashing the same dude later in the episode?

That seems to happen a lot in film, TV and comics!

---------------

he would have eventually killed her if she had not worked out in advance with her adopted sister to do heat vision on his battle axe and blow it up.

of course, how does she know all these ninja moves being a mild mannered assistant and all?

he would have eventually killed her if she had not worked out in advance with her adopted sister to do heat vision on his battle axe and blow it up.

of course, how does she know all these ninja moves being a mild mannered assistant and all?

It's in the Kryptonian DNA.

:whee:

By the way, I just finished Episode 2. I liked it. The show is coming out punching versus a slow burn to a final big season finale.

It had a few campy moments. But still, I'm enjoying the progress and early super threats.

SUPERGIRL Season 1, Episode 5 Description And Images; "Livewire"

Kara’s Thanksgiving may be ruined when she suspects her foster mother, Dr. Danvers (Helen Slater), who is coming to town, disapproves of her new role as a superhero. Also, when an accident transforms a volatile CatCo employee into the villainous Livewire, she targets Cat and Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Brit Morgan guest stars as Leslie Willis/Livewire and Helen Slater guest stars as Dr. Eliza Danvers, Kara’s foster mother.

:o

I enjoyed Ep 2 every bit as much as I did Ep 1, which was a lot. It has feel good moments and darker moments, but even the darker ones feel lighter than the more heavy handed moments of shows like GOTHAM or MAOS. There is a pervading sense of optimism which I am really drawn to. Like having a light sorbet after a heavy meal.

+1. I don't think there's any doubt that the producers are drawing inspiration from the spirit of the '78 film and its sequel. Lots of similarities. E.g., when Cat Grant calls a staff meeting and the staff is standing around with pads and pens at the ready ... very reminiscent of the Daily Planet scenes with Jackie Cooper's Perry White; and the airplane scene/Air Force 1; rescuing the pet snake/rescuing the pet cat. It's parody to some degree, but it works perfectly fine.

+1. I don't think there's any doubt that the producers are drawing inspiration from the spirit of the '78 film and its sequel. Lots of similarities. E.g., when Cat Grant calls a staff meeting and the staff is standing around with pads and pens at the ready ... very reminiscent of the Daily Planet scenes with Jackie Cooper's Perry White; and the airplane scene/Air Force 1; rescuing the pet snake/rescuing the pet cat. It's parody to some degree, but it works perfectly fine.

But, does the mom call the kid a liar and slap them, like in the '78 original? lol I'll have to listen to one of the commentaries to it sometime.

Emma Caulfield Joins Supergirl Cast

Emma Caulfield, who starred on several seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Anya the vengeance demon (with a golden naivety that made her a fan favorite), will be joining the cast of Supergirl as DC Comics character Cameron Chase, The Mary Sue reports.

WB's official description of the character on the show says this FBI agent has "little sympathy." The full description reads, "After her father’s violent murder, Cameron Chase decided to dedicate her life to law enforcement. Now a stern, no holds barred FBI agent, Chase’s weapons of choice are manipulation and manpower. With little sympathy, and plenty of suspicions, she pursues her targets with ruthless determination."

cameron-chase-157897.jpg

But, does the mom call the kid a liar and slap them, like in the '78 original? lol I'll have to listen to one of the commentaries to it sometime.

doh!