• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK and CConnect Winners!

201 posts in this topic

I made the mistake of selling a Batman 189 in 9.8 around this time and was brown orifice abused at the strike price taking at $2500 loss after fees. I feel your pain.

Regarding the Batman 189 in 9.8, I think the Clink comments about it being one of 'only' 6 in 9.8 was not strategic. GPA was already pretty low and the comment about 6 in 9.8 makes it seem not very rare. It would scare some bidders from going over GPA.

My one book that ended tonight did ok but it seems like a lot of the books are going for lower then the GPA averages. Even books like Avengers 57 are 20% lower then sales this month?

I got killed tonight on CL as a seller. I've had 5 books sell so far for WAY below GPA. Ugh!!!

I've got 3 bigger books that could equalize everything though. :wishluck:

Come on people..... help a guy out.... spend a little.

It was very tough to be a seller tonight for many books in the CL auction! Looks like that for tomorrow too! Selling in auctions is not for the faint of heart! Better to think twice before you overpay for a book! When the time to sell comes you could be singing the blues!!! EJR

Brittle pages always keep prices down...

Captain Aero #26 went for $614 as a 5.5 with brittle pages (a 4.0 with some tape sold for $550 in the last few months, so you can see the effect of the brittle pages in keeping the price down) The Crippen 5.5 sold for for $700 last summer so this book is definitely on many radars as a great LB Cole Sci-Fi cover.

I'm really shocked the 0.5 cap #1 went for more than half that the 7.5 cap #1 went.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=578005

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=567539

Another Cap 1 that's missing a CF. I am SO happy I found a CF for mine because there's going to be a lot of people looking for one now.

That seemed like a pretty steep price for that .5 but maybe a year from now that'll seem cheap.

I have a couple books I am tracking and the prices are so far below GPA they could triple and still be a good buy. I doubt the prices will hold out over the next 10+ hours but overall on CL books are going pretty low considering.

I was curious...so I tally up the 1# Batman registry set that was being auction off on Comiclink.com. That collection sold around $60,873.

Very impressive. Congratulation to the seller. :golfclap:

My one book that ended tonight did ok but it seems like a lot of the books are going for lower then the GPA averages. Even books like Avengers 57 are 20% lower then sales this month?

I got killed tonight on CL as a seller. I've had 5 books sell so far for WAY below GPA. Ugh!!!

Sorry a little $$ is all I have......

:)

I made the mistake of selling a Batman 189 in 9.8 around this time and was brown orifice abused at the strike price taking at $2500 loss after fees. I feel your pain.

Regarding the Batman 189 in 9.8, I think the Clink comments about it being one of 'only' 6 in 9.8 was not strategic. GPA was already pretty low and the comment about 6 in 9.8 makes it seem not very rare. It would scare some bidders from going over GPA.

Yes, that's my old copy! It sold for $2,750 last year! The price on that book since the sale of the one pedigree copy in 2012 has been dropping with every copy I've seen listed at auction. Even the new seller took a beating! He lost $500 after fees.

It was very tough to be a seller tonight for many books in the CL auction! Looks like that for tomorrow too! Selling in auctions is not for the faint of heart! Better to think twice before you overpay for a book! When the time to sell comes you could be singing the blues!!! EJR

Yes, it was tough being a seller. I let go of a book to cover a bigger purchase and lost 33%. It happens - sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. Congratulations to all who got what they wanted!!