• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Just me, or is this kind of disappointing? (shrug)

The image of Gwen is beautiful, but it looks like a recycled commission, rather than a new original piece. Or maybe I was just expecting her in costume.

*Confirmed by a friend, this was a commission piece.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1033044&GSub=146955

Adam Hughes Spider-Gwen Variant

096214C0-C776-4A25-A00A-B0A4A87AC297_zps9ubwgiaa.jpg

Wow if they really use this one, whomever got the commissioned piece is going to have a windfall.

That's pretty crazy. Sort of lame he is using a reused piece instead of creating something new.

So it goes like this :

Marvel calls Adam; "we need a Gwen Stacey cover for the first issue of Spider-Gwen. We will pay you YZZX dollars for it."

5 minutes later Adam calls them back, " ok guys , im done. Please deposit the money and I will Email you it"

That's some pretty fast cash.

I understand he retains the right to use his works, and im not saying anything is wrong with it, but wow.

Oh, I see, Ron Lim is the owner.

Edited by Silverdream

Not sure I find anything wrong with them reusing a previous commission for a cover. If I am not mistaken, the SSM 20 Campbell cover was a earlier commission as well. That book has done exceedingly well.

In regards to this particular piece, I was kinda hoping that Gwen would be featured in the costume, but hey, it still looks nice.

Not sure I find anything wrong with them reusing a previous commission for a cover. If I am not mistaken, the SSM 20 Campbell cover was a earlier commission as well. That book has done exceedingly well.

In regards to this particular piece, I was kinda hoping that Gwen would be featured in the costume, but hey, it still looks nice.

I went on a mini rant, when I did not have all of the facts. Nothing wrong with Marvel asking him for it, or even him shopping it to them.

Either way, its a nice piece, and yes I think wearing a costume would have been much cooler.

I went on a mini rant, when I did not have all of the facts. Nothing wrong with Marvel asking him for it, or even him shopping it to them.

Either way, its a nice piece, and yes I think wearing a costume would have been much cooler.

Maybe you'll get your wish.............

Agreed. Especially since that's 99% of this incarnation of the character's appeal.

-J.

Agreed. Especially since that's 99% of this incarnation of the character's appeal.

-J.

What does that say for the long term appeal and success of the character?

-J.

What does that say for the long term appeal and success of the character?

hm

-J.

I think saying that 99% of the reason people like Spider-Gwen is because of her costume is misguided. Especially since people's favorite topic to discuss is how much they hate a particular part of the costume.

I think the biggest appeal in the character is the fact that it is Gwen Stacy.

I think saying that 99% of the reason people like Spider-Gwen is because of her costume is misguided. Especially since people's favorite topic to discuss is how much they hate a particular part of the costume.

+1

Anyone seen my slippers?

krighton? You seen my slippers?

Gwen Stacy is not a new character. This costume is new. And apart from some playful ribbing regarding her footwear, I guess you missed the last half dozen or so posts where everyone complained about the fact that she is NOT wearing the costume on the announced cover. :eyeroll:

-J.