• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

OK so, to summarize. :insane:

Regular cover - counts toward totals sold, counts toward incentive variants

Sold variants (specialty store/blank/non-incentive) - counts toward totals sold, not broken out of totals but included, doesn't count toward incentive variants

Incentive variants - not sold or counted in sales figures, print run not disclosed but is driven by regular cover sales x ratio threshold being met on a per store basis

Sold variants (specialty store/blank/non-incentive) - counts toward totals sold, not broken out of totals but included, doesn't count toward incentive variants

Incentive variants - not sold or counted in sales figures, print run not disclosed but is driven by regular cover sales x ratio threshold being met on a per store basis

I approve two out of three of this message. lol;)

-J.

OK so that wasn't hard, I looked up Spidey 700 and got my answer here on ICV2

Marvel sold over $1.6 million retail worth of Amazing Spider-Man #700 to comic stores in December, the top dollar comic in recent memory. Sell-in of over 200,000 copies was supported by an extensive variant program, including numerous "exceed orders," 1:100, 1:150, 1:200 variants, and at a $7.99 retail price, the dollars piled up fast. Extensive publicity about the storyline helped make this a major event book.

:applause:

You've come to the same conclusion as 99.9% of this thread's readers. :grin:

(thumbs u

Marvel sold over $1.6 million retail worth of Amazing Spider-Man #700 to comic stores in December, the top dollar comic in recent memory. Sell-in of over 200,000 copies was supported by an extensive variant program, including numerous "exceed orders," 1:100, 1:150, 1:200 variants, and at a $7.99 retail price, the dollars piled up fast. Extensive publicity about the storyline helped make this a major event book.

...or not. That doesn't say what you want it to either. lol

It says the variants helped the book to sell "over 200,000 copes".

How much "over"? We don't know. Why?

DIAMOND DOES NOT DISCLOSE THE PRINT RUNS OF VARIANTS.

And who are you kidding? Obviously- and I mean obviously- the easiest, best, and most efficient way of ballparking a variant print run is to reference comichron's domestic sales figures. Whatever shortages you would like to glean from this or that or whatever are handily off-set by the *additional* sales figures from international.

I'm not so sure why you get your knickers in such a twist over the 2500 estimated print run of this Hughes variant, when that is, in fact, the only *reasonable* figure that can be estimated based on the print run figures of the main cover before us.

Frankly your insistence on trying to perpetrate this con job on these boards that the book is somehow "rare" is disconcerting, to say the least.

-J.

And who are you kidding? Obviously- and I mean obviously- the easiest, best, and most efficient way of ballparking a variant print run is to reference comichron's domestic sales figures. Whatever shortages you would like to glean from this or that or whatever are handily off-set by the *additional* sales figures from international.

I'm not so sure why you get your knickers in such a twist over the 2500 estimated print run of this Hughes variant, when that is, in fact, the only *reasonable* figure that can be estimated based on the print run figures before us.

Frankly your insistence on trying to perpetrate this con job on these boards that the book is somehow "rare" is disconcerting, to say the least.

-J.

Shine on, crazy diamond!

-J.

So you disagree on the sold variants being included in the totals sold?

-J.

I do. That only (possibly) applies to Loot Crate orders. This is why comichron goes out of its way to parse out Loot Crate orders from regular distribution books (which S G #1 was), and why books sold this way have exaggerated sales figures.

-J.

-J.

He does. With you, me, carcrawfordfan, Larry and John Jackson Miller. lol

-J.

Your horns are starting to show again....

-J.

I'm not so sure why you get your knickers in such a twist over the 2500 estimated print run of this Hughes variant, when that is, in fact, the only *reasonable* figure that can be estimated based on the print run figures before us.

-J.

Shine on, crazy diamond!

+1

These are the most insane rebuttals I have ever seen. Any and all facts are just thrown out the window because of 2 talking points that have no bearing on anything:

1)recalledcomics.com---who just divides print runs/ratios of variants and provides zero insight or facts other than that really hard to come by information.

2)DIAMOND DOES NOT RELEASE PRINT RUNS OF VARIANTS--which no one has ever said they do.

I do apologize to the board because I get how boring and back and forth this is.

-J.

I do. That only applies to Loot Crate sales. This is why comichron goes out of its way to parse out Loot Crate orders from regular distribution books (which S G #1 was).

-J.

I think the Loot Crate thing was due to the impact of the high numbers - there's nothing that has been posted or linked anywhere that says other variants aren't reported in the numbers - you're the only one reading it that way...heck, one of the quotes from that JJM guy says "variants AND Loot Crate" (shrug)

Also, how do you think they report market data, revenue, etc...from this same data if they aren't reporting (counting) items that are being sold?

That doesn't make any sense - a retailer buys 50 regular covers, 20 Scottie Youngs & 10 blanks - ICV/Comichon mark him down for 50?

-J.

Your horns are starting to show again....

-J.

lol

-J.

Shine on, crazy diamond!

+1

These are the most insane rebuttals I have ever seen. Any and all facts are just thrown out the window because of 2 talking points that have no bearing on anything:

1)recalledcomics.com---who just divides print runs/ratios of variants and provides zero insight or facts other than that really hard to come by information.

2)DIAMOND DOES NOT RELEASE PRINT RUNS OF VARIANTS--which no one has ever said they do.

I do apologize to the board because I get how boring and back and forth this is.

The only "facts" I've seen from you is that a book with a 250k+ print run has a 1:100 variant with only 500 copies printed. And that neither ASM 678 or 700 had any retailer incentive variants offered. :eyeroll:

-J.

-J.

I do. That only applies to Loot Crate sales. This is why comichron goes out of its way to parse out Loot Crate orders from regular distribution books (which S G #1 was).

-J.

I think the Loot Crate thing was due to the impact of the high numbers - there's nothing that has been posted or linked anywhere that says other variants aren't reported in the numbers - you're the only one reading it that way...heck, one of the quotes from that JJM guy says "variants AND Loot Crate" (shrug)

Also, how do you think they report market data, revenue, etc...from this same data if they aren't reporting (counting) items that are being sold?

That doesn't make any sense - a retailer buys 50 regular covers, 20 Scottie Youngs & 10 blanks - ICV/Comichon mark him down for 50?

To you with failing hands the torch is passed...

OK, but does Diamond disclose the print runs of variants? This is totally unclear to me so far.

:ohnoez:

I must be blind, because I don't see anyone perpetrating a con-job here, nor do I see anyone calling this book "rare." Two of you just disagree on the number of copies made, that's all.

:shrug:

-slym

-J.

-J.

Diamond will obviously have its own internal data.

As far as the reporting to comichron the number of variants sold... No, they don't do that. As far as I know, they never have.

-J.